The HoylandOwl Derby - Lincoln Match thread

Reesh

20 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

The difference in the teams at the top:

plymouth score an early goal and although having only 52% possession and 5 shots manage to get a second just before half time 

And we all know that that is 100% 3 more points for them

Maybe not - its 2-2 now

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Careless that is the key word from that game. 

Their only opportunities were from our giving away possession.

Careless from Stockdale to let in a scuffed shot

Careless delivery from wide positions all game. Ironically the best pass was from their keeper to Gregory.

For me the intention to crow bar Smith, Gregory and Windass into the starting 11 is not really working.

6/10 performance overall after 8/10 in the first half. Got to be more ruthless 

You can criticise Stockdale but why was the scorer completely unmarked?  

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

Should have won it. Dominated, created plenty of chances, but paid for missing them, and also some awful delivery from Johnson and Palmer when they got into really good areas.

Some mixed displays today. Windass was poor, wrong decision every time he got it. Vaulks was good out of possession but bad with it. The front two were decent despite the poor delivery. The wing backs were good until the cross.

Bannan and the back three were good. Bannan ran it again. Byers and Dele were decent when they came on.

I actually was happy with a point pre game, but I am disappointed because we have dominated and should have won.

The wing backs (& others) in the 2nd half repeatedly had time and space to cross, whilst we had men in their box, right in front of us, yet time after time chose to square it to Ihiekwe, who set up the same on the other flank only to receive it back again! WTF is going on? And Bannan was as culpable as the rest at that.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Key point Plymouth always seem to get that 2nd goal where we don't

Yep apart from against Portsmouth,  ,  Bolton, Forest Green, Morecambe,  Ipswich,  Wycombe , Cheltenham and Cambridge we never get that second goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Frustrating today. Very frustrating. We dominated as many have said, we should have finished them off. Although we didn’t work their keeper anywhere near enough. 
They were awful in the first half and deserved nothing, but that early goal roused them and the home fans in the second half and I thought they might have nicked it. That miss from Bannan is one he’ll have nightmares over; it was harder to miss!

One thing that really fucked me off today was the attitude of some of our fans towards our players.

Just before Windass went off; he chased a ball down the right and he ran over the touchline, up to the hoardings where the Wednesday fans were. One bloke in a green coat, absolutely gave him dogs abuse and told him to fuck off, calling him wank and all sorts. Before then applauding him being substituted. 
While he didn’t have a good game, it’s hardly inspiring him to do better is it? 

Overall it’ll be seen as an off day, and I can see why, but I just despair at some people. 

I know every club has them, but fuck me we seem to have exceeded our quota at present 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Stockdale is our best keeper, let's make tht clear and his distribution today was excellent but he's simply got to do better with the goal......and it's not the 1st time 

Aye agree but we have debated on here recently what others do you have him at fault for

8 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Would say today's goal and think it was the Plymouth first but not certain.  Both low strikes he had to get down to but would expect him to save.

Overall very happy with Stockdale.

The first at Plymouth knocked his hand out of the way, basically. The shot was almost directly at us, (though obviously lower down), and it was obvious that their 9 caught it absolutely perfectly: really hammered it.  Most times what Stockdale did would have deflected the ball wide. Credit to the opponent on that occasion, IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

The first at Plymouth knocked his hand out of the way, basically. The shot was almost directly at us, (though obviously lower down), and it was obvious that their 9 caught it absolutely perfectly: really hammered it.  Most times what Stockdale did would have deflected the ball wide. Credit to the opponent on that occasion, IMO.  

I thought originally the first at Plymouth but given your first hand view of it I gave him the benefit of doubt.

26 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Aye agree but we have debated on here recently what others do you have him at fault for

I would say Plymouth 2nd and one, maybe 2 v Pompey. For me main thing is it's his lack of athleticism and clearly at his age its not going to get better so it will happen again and I suspect a few times

Just now, Mark said:

I would say Plymouth 2nd and one, maybe 2 v Pompey. For me main thing is it's his lack of athleticism and clearly at his age its not going to get better so it will happen again and I suspect a few times

Sorry it was 1st v Plymouth 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Absolutely none v Pompey.

28 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mark, am pretty sure we debated the Pompey goals on here once we'd seen them again and formed a concensus that he wasn't obviously badly at fault.

Also see comments by various folks above re. the 1st goal at Plymouth.  

Well it's all about opinions. Mines no better than anyone else's. As I said thing 4me is he's not going to improve in the athletic dept so. IMO it will happen few times. Not so bad when 3 up but when it's tight. Fine margins. 

Flip side he's so far ahead of Dawson with distribution, but again  I do NOT want to see my keeper doing a Cruyff turn than you very much 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Well it's all about opinions. Mines no better than anyone else's. As I said thing 4me is he's not going to improve in the athletic dept so. IMO it will happen few times. Not so bad when 3 up but when it's tight. Fine margins. 

Flip side he's so far ahead of Dawson with distribution, but again  I do NOT want to see my keeper doing a Cruyff turn than you very much 

I hope they include his 'goal line' spin turn in the highlights!  Bet they don't, though.  😋

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Enjoyed his cruyff turn to be honest 

• Like 1

Disappointed at f-t. Its usually the case when you go 1 up and get pegged back.

Performance first half was good, 2nd was just a bit disjointed but theyd obviously had a rocket and scoring 50sec in is going to lift them but it was way better than last season (couldnt get much worse). As Reesh implies its an improvement on last season.

Win the next 2 and we will be doing fine. A bit of a worry about Big Ben