Bradford City v The Wednesday official match "fred"

1 minute ago, HappyOwl said:

Just taken me 2 hours to get home from Sheffield town centre past meadowhall 😩😩😩

Right what have I missed?

πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜˜

Why???Β  We are not even playing at home.Β  Roadworks???

It's to late to give us your lineup predicition, but you still can predict the score.

• Haha 1

I watched it. It was pretty rubbish. A mix of good and bad displays.

Bad… Paterson, he was utter tripe. Brown, tripe. James, tripe.

Good… Vaulks and Alex Hunt played well. Mighten was bright. Jack Hunt played well.

The rest, including the subs. Forgettable.

The Bradford 2nd and 3rd were pretty woeful goes. It was like watching under 11’s trying to tackle.

My issue is as much that there is simply too much football. The EFL leagues should be 22 teams and 42 games. If anything It would strengthen the competition not weaken it. Less of an endurance battle

A midweek game was actually quite rare back in the dayΒ 

Would it actually impact club finances thar much, would you buy a season ticket at the same price for 21 not 23 games, probably.

Β 

Well, that was horrid.Β  I've been to so many games where you've put it out of your mind before you've hit the street. That one was gone as soon as I reached the gangway steps. The only thing I'm likely to remember is the neanderthal school trip errupting out of somewhere just as we were walking past in the road. Unreal - just like going back in time!Β  Did you know? "Sheffield get battered everywhere they go?"Β  I didn't!Β  They were very insistant about it.Β  I suppose I've just been lucky, eh?

Arf!Β  🀣  Β The funniest of these young clowns was one pushing one of those little jumpy bikes along Manningham Lane. Unfortunately for him it didn't have a seat. At all. Just a vertical length of tube.Β  He was very lucky when he pushed it across the road diagonally, emerging between queuing vehicles right in front of a moving car, which braked sharply to a stop. Facing away, he'd no idea at all.Β  πŸ™„Β Β At the main road he stood on the pedals and tooled off downhill in the middle of the carriageway, no lights and no idea whatever.Β  They did have a few big blokes, accompanied closely by a few big coppers.Β  But the overall effect was one of dismal, loppy unreality: a real tawdry throwback.Β Β 

What game?Β Β 

Good turnout from us tonight fan wise anyway 3355. Last time when we played them Megson was subbing players in first half last time and it went to penalties if I remember correctly.

Mitten & Wilks when on in second half briefly together looked to be running into same space (very early days)Β 

Smith got a half and scored a penalty so that was something.

Bradford wanted it more against our third choice team in fairness.

We’ve taken 18000 plus to away games in August. … now back to the sub 2000 capacity grounds with hopefully an intact squad. One objective automatic promotion.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EBRA said:

Good turnout from us tonight fan wise anyway 3355. Last time when we played them Megson was subbing players in first half last time and it went to penalties if I remember correctly.

Mitten & Wilks when on in second half briefly together looked to be running into same space (very early days)Β 

Smith got a half and scored a penalty so that was something.

Bradford wanted it more against our third choice team in fairness.

We’ve taken 18000 plus to away games in August. … now back to the sub 2000 capacity grounds with hopefully an intact squad. One objective automatic promotion.Β 

Β 

Think he took Weaver off for O'Donnell after about 70 seconds. Second quickest substitution i've seen since Stringer for Cresswell

Megson had the right idea for this trophy. He was not happy that he had to play certain players therefore we used all our subs up after 20 minutes. Think it was Prutton and Semedo he took off.

It did go to penalties as a dour 0-0 draw. Doing what Meggo did, we avoided the fineΒ 

Β 

Β