Bradford City v The Wednesday official match "fred"

It's Cup time.  Let's work hard for our Wembley moment:

image.png.ba9920ac4309e53bf086fb1c5f6425e2.png

The Owls travel to Bradford on Tuesday 30 August (7.30pm) 

We have been allocated 2,560 tickets which are unreserved. Please note this fixture is ALL TICKET.

Prices                    Adults: £10.00; Over 65: £5.00

image.png.214b4bdc7365621c623cb69beddab67a.png

image.png.4e9e7c9b08eb1e0816ed8a887cb2b130.png                                                           image.png.ae979e584317cc7508b2a9f648e4b1ce.png

image.png.264f835c2d4f706f8d24a075531698b3.png

image.png.81815f6708ef4d89b6a1c79527cb28d7.png

Sources:
Bradford City live score, schedule and results - Football - SofaScore

Papa John's Trophy EFL Northern Grp. H Summary | WhoScored.com

England - Bradford City AFC - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Soccerway

Bradford v Wednesday ticket news - News - Sheffield Wednesday (swfc.co.uk)

UTO 💙🤍💙

Edited by Germanbird

I'm not happy that the main picture is Paul Chuckle in his Rotherham shirt. 

I think Bradford will fancy this. Mark Hughes has them organised and will have them up for it. Our line up will depend on who's injured and who doesn't fancy it because they might be on their way the day after. 

Usual suspects dropping by to tell us all just how “not bothered, disinterested, outraged by participation” they all are.

If nothing else, it’ll be useful to get some fringe players some game time. We could even see Michael Smith getting a run out  with Dawson, Vaulks, Wilks, James, Adeniran, FDB, Brown and some youth again. I want us to progress and win this, Jimmy Bullard is my hero.😂

Bradford 1-3 Owls. UTO.

Oh, and I know it’s Monday morning but cheer up a bit FFS.😂😂😂

Edited by ProfessorPlum
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Where the fuck has that come from

He’s still a Leicester player isn’t he?

Nowhere near first team? Transfer a possibility, but not certain, all a bit quiet.

I know he not a kid anymore, but when else is he going to get a game?

4 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

He’s still a Leicester player isn’t he?

Nowhere near first team? Transfer a possibility, but not certain, all a bit quiet.

I know he not a kid anymore, but when else is he going to get a game?

I forgot we'd got their u21s, that's how much attention I pay to this god awful competition.

The fact there are group games to allow PL u21 clubs to compete is a big red flag for me and thousands of others who boycott it cos its bent and embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The fact there are group games to allow PL u21 clubs to compete is a big red flag for me and thousands of others who boycott it cos its bent and embarrassing. 

The U21 teams in it is the only part of the competition I don’t like. I fear it’s a first step towards big clubs having their B teams in the lower leagues.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like the fact we’re in it, but it’s part of the territory of being in the 3rd division. I also don’t like that we’re in the 1st round of the F.A. Cup either, or playing at the same level as Forest Green Rovers.

For teams whose expectation level is more the bottom two divisions I think (the U21 thing aside) it’s a good competition.

1 hour ago, ProfessorPlum said:

Usual suspects dropping by to tell us all just how “not bothered, disinterested, outraged by participation” they all are.

If nothing else, it’ll be useful to get some fringe players some game time. We could even see Michael Smith getting a run out  with Dawson, Vaulks, Wilks, James, Adeniran, FDB, Brown and some youth again. I want us to progress and win this, Jimmy Bullard is my hero.😂

Bradford 1-3 Owls. UTO.

Oh, and I know it’s Monday morning but cheer up a bit FFS.😂😂😂

Nope, this is like the running race at sports day for the fat kids like me. It's still a humiliation to win it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one positive from this comp is purely the fact that some of the fringe players get minutes, including those coming back from injury. I’m not a fan of the format of the comp and for some clubs, it’s extra games they can’t fit in. We already have a 46 game season, and we have the early rounds of the league and FA Cup to fit in too. It’s just a non needed distraction, despite us having a big squad.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cheat said:

The U21 teams in it is the only part of the competition I don’t like. I fear it’s a first step towards big clubs having their B teams in the lower leagues.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like the fact we’re in it, but it’s part of the territory of being in the 3rd division. I also don’t like that we’re in the 1st round of the F.A. Cup either, or playing at the same level as Forest Green Rovers.

For teams whose expectation level is more the bottom two divisions I think (the U21 thing aside) it’s a good competition.

Bet you liked the ZDS and Mercantile cups too.

I don't like how it set up and wish it was like the Megson season when he got us eliminated at the first attempt.

Anyone wanting a good day out at Wembley is a sad sad bastard.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Sums you up. You don't get it.

I absolutely get it.

Many people claim that they don't want to be in that competition - not because they don't want to win, but because they are afraid of the embarrassment of losing.

Some people believe that we are to important as a massive club to participate in the pizza cup.

I still enjoy it. It's a great opportunity to give our fringe players a game and for me it's always great, if we win anything. And a day out at Wembley is always nice - especially as I might be able to get tickets and travel there.

• Like 1

Just now, Germanbird said:

I absolutely get it.

Many people claim that they don't want to be in that competition - not because they don't want to win, but because they are afraid of the embarrassment of losing.

Some people believe that we are to important as a massive club to participate in the pizza cup.

I still enjoy it. It's a great opportunity to give our fringe players a game and for me it's always great, if we win anything. And a day out at Wembley is always nice - especially as I might be able to get tickets and travel there.

Pathetic.

It’s not winning the competition that’s embarrassing, it’s being in it that’s embarrassing.

We can’t do anything about being in it, so we might as well try* and win it. Although getting knocked out won’t be difficult to take.

There are plenty of past winners in the division above us. And it’s not long since Southampton won it.

* Try, but without risking key players needed in the league.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I would say it was a factor in nearly de-railing Rotherham getting automatic promotion. 

Yes, I really was hoping for that.

However, we do have a bigger squad and all our players are eager to show their abilities. The cup games are the perfect opportunity for that.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Bet you liked the ZDS and Mercantile cups too.

I don't like how it set up and wish it was like the Megson season when he got us eliminated at the first attempt.

Anyone wanting a good day out at Wembley is a sad sad bastard.

No, they were ridiculous and shouldn’t have been a thing.

My point about the Papa Johns is that it’s a competition for the bottom two divisions, it’s when you get the anomaly of clubs like us, whose natural habitat is (or at least should be) the top two divisions that it looks/seems a naff competition. For natural third and fourth tier teams I think it’s a good competition (apart from the U21s thing).

I get people not liking it/thinking it’s embarrassing to be in it, and not wanting anything to do with it. And I’m not trying to change anyone’s opinion on it, or have a go at anyone for not going to the games or even caring about them.

I’ll shed no tears when we exit it, but I can’t get out of the mindset of always wanting us to win.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, M42Owl said:

It’s not winning the competition that’s embarrassing, it’s being in it that’s embarrassing.

We can’t do anything about being in it, so we might as well try* and win it. Although getting knocked out won’t be difficult to take.

There are plenty of past winners in the division above us. And it’s not long since Southampton won it.

* Try, but without risking key players needed in the league.

This for me.  I had a look, last season, at a list of previous winners of this trophy.  There are about 11 who’ve played in the PL more recently than us, and four (Portsmouth, Wigan, Swansea, Birmingham), who’ve won a major trophy more recently.  There is something to be said for winning whatever is available to win.  I’m not happy about being in League One either but I want us to win it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Dawson.

Iorfa.

Ihiekwe.

James.

Hunt.

Adeniran.

Vaulks.

Dele-Bashiru.

Johnson.

Wilks.

Passerton.

I did consider giving giving Cadarmarteri a start for this game but maybe he's best saved for the Leicester u21's game. Wouldn't be surprised if another youngster got a start though. Maybe Jay Glover again. Not sure about James either, surely he must be available now isn't he?

If there's any chance of Dele-bashiru's agent getting him away on Wednesday then he'll still be 'injured' tomorrow and take no part. 

I can see no one who started on Saturday starting. So, my guess is:

Dawson

Agbontohoma

Galvin

James

Hunt

FDB (if fit/staying)

Adeniran

Vaulks

Brown

Paterson

Wilkes

It would mean the back three were a little disjointed, but I think he’ll want to keep that league starting back three of Ihiekwe, Iorfa and McGunniess fresh for the weekend.

Brown and James might be swapped to give a bit more presence in that back three and to give James a run in the position he was surely signed for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl71 said:

This for me.  I had a look, last season, at a list of previous winners of this trophy.  There are about 11 who’ve played in the PL more recently than us, and four (Portsmouth, Wigan, Swansea, Birmingham), who’ve won a major trophy more recently.  There is something to be said for winning whatever is available to win.  I’m not happy about being in League One either but I want us to win it.

Four tinpot division 3 clubs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Is the rule still in place where you have to play a percentage of players that have played in your last couple of games?

Four of the outfield players have to be ‘qualifying players’, but one of the criteria is for them to have made 40 senior starts in their career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Is the rule still in place where you have to play a percentage of players that have played in your last couple of games?

Great question. Nearly forgot that the cup had all those dodgy rules

Rules - EFL

Guess my team is ok under those rules.  We need four "Qualifying outfield players"

My team would be fine :

Pato (7.4.3)  Ihiekwe (7.4.1)  James

J. Hunt (7.4.4) Adeniran  (7.4.4)  Vaulks (7.4.3)   A. Hunt    Brown

Mighten (7.4.5)  Wilks (7.4.4)

7.4.3. List:

image.png.3a2b6702d956ea2bab46dcb6b3f0fd5c.png

7.3  Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches.

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4  Qualifying Player means any Player who:
 7.4.1  had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);
 7.4.2  subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;
 7.4.3  is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;
 7.4.4  has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or
 7.4.5  is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5  First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).