Mallik Wilks checks in!

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So is he any fucking good after all this malarky

Yeah, I also hope he's good.

Quote from the examiner:

How would you describe Mallik Wilks as a player?
Frustrating.

Hull City expert delivers mixed verdict on new Sheffield Wednesday signing Mallik Wilks - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

But I'm confident, that he'll be good for us!

19 in 44 the last time he was in this division but he was playing the right side of a front 3. 

He's got plenty of pace and does like to drift out then burst in but maybe we'll have to change our delivery style to match him or he may need to change to match our current way of playing. 

He can seem a little 'can't be arsed' sometimes (ala Balotelli or Adebayor) and this is what got up Arveladze's nose. He also had a few injury niggles last season which disrupted his game time. 

If he clicks then he'll be immense. I could see him more with Smith (if he ever gets off the physio bench) than Windass or Gregory, if we persist in playing 2 up front. He needs that foil so he can drop them turn and make the burst runs. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Andyben said:

... Can see him  as RWB or LCB depending on opponent...😂 

Absolutely no way!

Liam has got both those position sorted. In the same game too. Wilks will never shift Liam. He needs to play elsewhere, where Liam won’t make him look wank. Centre forward maybe.

Well that's another transfer that's come out of the blue. Love the way we keep these things under the radar 😏

Seriously, I think he could prove to be a great addition, so long as he's happy to play his part in a rotated front line rather than expecting to play every game. We seem to have a VERY strong squad for this level, so should look to utilise it.

Remember coming out of the Amex Stadium, 1-0 win -Giles Coke (just checked - 2014) getting caught up in the chants of “We’ve got Stevie May” before he’d kicked a ball for us. 

I’m sure he did kick a ball for us from time to time, but I can’t remember that part. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Remember coming out of the Amex Stadium, 1-0 win -Giles Coke (just checked - 2014) getting caught up in the chants of “We’ve got Stevie May” before he’d kicked a ball for us. 

I’m sure he did kick a ball for us from time to time, but I can’t remember that part. 

He was a trier…..

• Like 1

There are some decent goals at Hull, sometimes a bit scuffed/hit and hope but you can’t argue with that kind of record. 

If he gets half as many here then great, I think his best attributes are from out wide. If anyone saw him at Doncaster when on loan from Leeds he didn’t score as many but he was a real handful for defences