Jump to content

2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sheffieldblue said:

Seem to remember a similar feeling this time last year when we signed Lewis Wing.

☹️

 

The truth is every signing is a risk - some will fail and there are 20 reasons why they could.

I saw Ipswich fans getting excited because that Judge Jules has signed for them - he could be a good signing for them or he may last 10 minutes. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best keeper in the division - signed

Defender with the most clearances and blocks in the division - signed

Defender from by far the meanest defence in the division - signed

Top striker who had the second highest number of shots on goal in the division (117, by contrast Gregory had 72) - signed

Best RWB in the division, Hunty - re-signed

Cadamarteri - signed his pro deal

All in for the start of pre-season

 

We're having a reyt summer so far!!

Wilks plus a backup right wing back and 2-3 promising kids for the academy and we are looking rock solid.

Wouldn't mind taking advantage of Dawson's rise in stock by flogging him and bringing in a different keeper understudy also.

 

Agree with what KingMong said, Luongo is a quality player but injury prone now and therefore not worth the high wages.

 

UTO

Edited by Kingys Ginger Mullet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kingys Ginger Mullet said:

Best keeper in the division - signed

Defender with the most clearances and blocks in the division - signed

Defender from by far the meanest defence in the division - signed

Top striker who had the second highest number of shots on goal in the division (117, by contrast Gregory had 72) - signed

Best RWB in the division, Hunty - re-signed

Cadamarteri - signed his pro deal

All in for the start of pre-season

 

We're having a reyt summer so far!!

Wilks plus a backup right wing back and 2-3 promising kids for the academy and we are looking rock solid.

Wouldn't mind taking advantage of Dawson's rise in stock by flogging him and bringing in a different keeper understudy also.

 

Agree with what KingMong said, Luongo is a quality player but injury prone now and therefore not worth the high wages.

 

UTO

Vaulks?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, MPB said:

Chairman deserves praise for this, he won't get it but hey ho.....

He certainly does deserve massive credit. He's backed his manager. Again. Up to DM not to let him down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be good to get some younger legs in at full back/wing back as both Johnson and Hunt have been great but it’s a long season and there’s a chance to build for the future too. Purrington seemed popular down at Charlton 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another link - Jack Payne of Swindon.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-charlton-athletic-in-transfer-tussle-for-27-year-old/

Rob Staton has said it’s unlikely, although we have apparently looked at him.

Diminutive, likes to get in and around the box. He failed at Lincoln while I was there; works hard and there’s certainly ability. He’s a decent player; but for me not good enough for us and not what we need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

This is an excellent window so far.

Probably won't enter loan market until closer to season start / season underway and that's 4/5 more signings available 

 

I agree. We’ve done some great early business and he can take a decent squad away with him to Portugal. As you say, we’ll doubtless bring in some loans and hopefully one or two permanent deals too. We can’t complain at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wilks has a year left, wants to leave, and Arveladze hates him and won't play him. 

They'll replace Eaves and Honeyman has just given Hull a big fuck off by agreeing to join Millwall on a free on July 1st. 

Whatever we've offered we need to stick it and tell Hull to keep paying his wages if they're not happy with the offer. It's now a case of who's got the bigger bollocks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

Wilks has a year left, wants to leave, and Arveladze hates him and won't play him. 

They'll replace Eaves and Honeyman has just given Hull a big fuck off by agreeing to join Millwall on a free on July 1st. 

Whatever we've offered we need to stick it and tell Hull to keep paying his wages if they're not happy with the offer. It's now a case of who's got the bigger bollocks. 

They activated his year option to ensure they got a fee and now are playing the *****

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Wilks has a year left, wants to leave, and Arveladze hates him and won't play him. 

They'll replace Eaves and Honeyman has just given Hull a big fuck off by agreeing to join Millwall on a free on July 1st. 

Whatever we've offered we need to stick it and tell Hull to keep paying his wages if they're not happy with the offer. It's now a case of who's got the bigger bollocks. 

Agree. As this is now happening publicly then it will happen again if we capitulate.  We’re not desperate for players, so we should tell them that we’re moving on to other targets. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Reesh said:

They activated his year option to ensure they got a fee and now are playing the *****

Ipswich did the same thing with two players last season (activated options in order to get a fee), one they had to give away in January, the other was still there at the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Ipswich did the same thing with two players last season (activated options in order to get a fee), one they had to give away in January, the other was still there at the end of the season.

Ha ha!   😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...