Can Danny blitz Coventry...... Match Thread

52 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Some could say one of the reasons the country is screwed is due to the second chances you refer to.

Speaking as someone who has maintained a clean criminal record throughout my not insignificant years, I fail to see how other fellow human beings can't achieve the same.

It's not difficult. Just do your best, keep your head down and wind yer neck in.

It's nice that you have maintained a clean criminal record throughout your years. 

I am glad that you have not come across the bent part of the Police Force.

If you had, then you would understand why people cannot achieve the same way of life as yourself.

It is very difficult if you are the one that is targeted for nothing by the bent police force.

Even if you try to do your best, if you are targeted by the bent police force, it won't go well. 

Even keeping your head down, if you are targeted by the bent police force, it won't end well

Even if you wind your neck in, if you are targeted by the bent police force, it won't end well. 

54 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Plenty hand wringing on Stalk on this topic but then it's the leading place for anti Chansiri posts as well. 

That won't be racist of course

That podcast in question also fall foul of decidedly edgy commentary when it comes to the owner as well.

Stalk and the protest group supported acts targeted at the owner nationality to chase him out of the club recently as well. 

10 minutes ago, EBRA said:

That podcast in question also fall foul of decidedly edgy commentary when it comes to the owner as well.

Stalk and the protest group supported acts targeted at the owner nationality to chase him out of the club recently as well. 

That James Mappin is a right thick ****

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Don't listen to said podcast or indeed any of them so take your word on that.

The hypocrisy on the other forum is quite stark really. 

Just now, Andyben said:

Hopefully demblades fans will keep their traps shut after they faced complaints from Bournemouth (Nov) and Luton (Dec) players for racist comments.....

Interesting how that hasn’t had quite the same national exposure as what happened yesterday.

Doesnt change the abhorrent nature but I wonder why the situation at Hillsborough is singled out more than others that have happened over recent months.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Plenty hand wringing on Stalk on this topic but then it's the leading place for anti Chansiri posts as well. 

That won't be racist of course

Even when written in the style of a 1970's Benny Hill show sketch.

24 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Interesting how that hasn’t had quite the same national exposure as what happened yesterday.

Doesnt change the abhorrent nature but I wonder why the situation at Hillsborough is singled out more than others that have happened over recent months.

It's getting national hand wringing coverage because Infantino lumped us in with the Udinese incident. 

The club need to deal with this sensibly and transparently and hand everything over to plod. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Do you not remember last season?

Do you not remember what happened to Darren Moore throughout most of his time at Hillsborough

Not just that disgusting tweet after the Peterborough game, but the constant mocking he suffered from the fan base with his speech. 

The chairman as well

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sheffield-wednesday-fan-banned-vile-142115889.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGtQGuikkynBKx79RgArJ1Xg7bbdUQafuHJvby3r0FFfnqG2pYA5Qx2_T5AM4NuFadbCJGAo2LpcECV750-Gq90JMM1wUleYXwlYm_nVUoc3r-bBh3rGExwLRpuf3kLRM8zOrJLgK1h_HtNVUmQaEJjXX1kQZuJqdEoIB-oC1m9-

This season so far

Munoz was told to eff off back to Spain by the WTID person who wrote the Palmer tweet.

Plus we've had the Sunderland incident.

It's getting the coverage it thoroughly deserves.

Also, there's been plenty of bans and coverage for racist abuse this season. That Crystal Palace fan for example that abused Son, the Wolves fan that abused Rio Ferdinand etc.

In other news, what DR said to the (so called) referee after the game...

"In the first half some situations were maybe 50-50 and there was more of one side getting a little bit of an advantage".

The pertinent point is what is the solution. Whilst the incidents this season are not in any way acceptable, ultimately they are undertaken by individuals.

You can deal with them after the event for sure but how do you prevent it in the first place. Ok making examples of them, banning orders etc. You could threaten stadium closures, points deductions but that simply punishes the 99.99% of fans who do know the boundaries.

Football sadly attracts an element of society, whether it be racists or those seeking violence. The latter is policed and it still happens. The arrest numbers go up.

I should not really mention the other forum but whilst there is a thread on this incident, indeed another one suggesting there was coin throwing, at the same time there is another asking "what is happening to the protests"

Protests whether they are intended to be peaceful, invariably lead to raised tension, anger, potential violence.

At the same time as being concerned about crowd behaviour there is threads advocating actions that could cause a catalyst for more.

It's like the connection fails to be grasped, that the anti Chansiri message spouted on there can indirectly lead to racism elsewhere.

10 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Munoz was told to eff off back to Spain.

If I was the Wednesday manager and a fan told me / tweeted to tell me to "fuck off back to Scotland", I can't say I would think of it as racism.

Indeed, if my record in the hot seat was as pitiful as that of Mr Munoz, I would take it as normal / understandable criticism.

The boundaries of what is / isn't deemed as racism have moved quite a bit over the years. As I've said previously on here, if someone called me a "Scottish ****", I would giggle. Sticks and stones and all that.

Others don't really have a right to be offended on my behalf but that's life nowadays apparently.

It's simple @EastCraigsOwl

Palmer you cheating ****. - not racist

Palmer you cheating black **** - racist

Munoz, fuck off out of your club you useless **** - not racist

Munoz fuck off out of out club you Spanish **** - prob not racist but when you add a nationality or other qualifying  comment then you're straying into dangerous territory 

7 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Others don't really have a right to be offended on my behalf but that's life nowadays apparently.

That's just it, legally they do and under the SNP twat ruining, sorry running the northern wastelands you're in a far far worse position than the rest of the UK. 

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

Its becoming increasingly toxic at Hillsborough at the moment, it's been bad enough with the abuse towards Chansiri & his family, plus as another poster mentioned abuse towards Moore after the Peterborough game now we've got this incident with Kelsey Palmer on top of that.

You can blame the ref for the environment he was creating, you can blame Palmer for gestering towards the crowd but at the end of the day you can respond in a different way than what the so called supporter did.

What we could've done with is Wilks hitting the target to make it 2-2 just before it all kicked off but yet our strikers couldn't score if they carried on till now.

It's not hard, just don't be a racist bell end. I was furious Saturday, still a bit pissed off now to be honest, but can't imagine why I'd bring race (or anything else) into it. 

In terms of what can be done in advance, unfortunately not much, some people are just racist bell ends. There were c29k there Saturday, only 1 felt it necessary to racially abuse a player. You can't legislate for dick heads...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

It's not hard, just don't be a racist bell end. I was furious Saturday, still a bit pissed off now to be honest, but can't imagine why I'd bring race (or anything else) into it. 

In terms of what can be done in advance, unfortunately not much, some people are just racist bell ends. There were c29k there Saturday, only 1 felt it necessary to racially abuse a player. You can't legislate for dick heads...

We don't want football to become a sanitised experience. I mean I have attended the odd game as a neutral and just found i was dis-engaged from the whole thing. Not invested in it at all. 

(Personal anecdote alert) I learnt my lesson many moons ago at Highbury in the infamous 7-1 defeat, the 3rd was definitely offside in my eyes anyway, I marched down the steps in the stand to berate the lino. You catch the eye of the steward but more the nearby Arsenal fans who merrily took the piss and the Wednesday fans all "he's not with me" stare to the floor. I mean its funny when you jump up to celebrate a non existent goal, or you demand a penalty but no one else does. 

So when the red mist does descend but the reality is you have to slap yourself and stop before you go too far. 

42 minutes ago, bricat said:

It would be interesting if someone kicked K Palmer over the Kop this weekend for being a disgrace to football and a total bell end. He brought all these "problems" on himself.

Nothing he did brought on being racially abused.  Nothing.  That's the line - give him all the stick you want to because of his antics but don't be a racist or make excuses for a racist. It's not difficult.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

If I was the Wednesday manager and a fan told me / tweeted to tell me to "fuck off back to Scotland", I can't say I would think of it as racism.

Indeed, if my record in the hot seat was as pitiful as that of Mr Munoz, I would take it as normal / understandable criticism.

The boundaries of what is / isn't deemed as racism have moved quite a bit over the years. As I've said previously on here, if someone called me a "Scottish ****", I would giggle. Sticks and stones and all that.

That statement is racist. My missis was subject to a similar comment when we lived in West Yorkshire when we lived there. “Fuck off back to where you come from… “ was the comment.

To which she replied…. “Back across the road to my house?” He didn’t like that. 

The culprit went onto dish out more abuse, and it was part of the police’s attempts to get the absolute fucktard sentenced for various indiscretions. 

22 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Do you not remember last season?

Do you not remember what happened to Darren Moore throughout most of his time at Hillsborough

Not just that disgusting tweet after the Peterborough game, but the constant mocking he suffered from the fan base with his speech. 

The chairman as well

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sheffield-wednesday-fan-banned-vile-142115889.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGtQGuikkynBKx79RgArJ1Xg7bbdUQafuHJvby3r0FFfnqG2pYA5Qx2_T5AM4NuFadbCJGAo2LpcECV750-Gq90JMM1wUleYXwlYm_nVUoc3r-bBh3rGExwLRpuf3kLRM8zOrJLgK1h_HtNVUmQaEJjXX1kQZuJqdEoIB-oC1m9-

This season so far

Munoz was told to eff off back to Spain by the WTID person who wrote the Palmer tweet.

Plus we've had the Sunderland incident.

It's getting the coverage it thoroughly deserves.

Also, there's been plenty of bans and coverage for racist abuse this season. That Crystal Palace fan for example that abused Son, the Wolves fan that abused Rio Ferdinand etc.

Don’t disagree but why this incident and nothing nationally or even to any significant extent locally in relation to the horrific treatment of DM, DC etc. Clearly more visible you might say but still seems strange that this particular incident has been picked on, that’s all I’m saying.

Maybe it’s just a timing and coincidence with other events.

7 hours ago, Snap said:

Spot on. This happens a lot and I don't understand what's difficult about distinguishing one from the other. Maybe a flowchart is required.

I think it's easy whatever white people say that is critical is deemed racist whereas non white people can never be racist ever.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think it's easy whatever white people say that is critical is deemed racist whereas non white people can never be racist ever.

You've either been accustomed to the Owlstalk politics section or have had the unfortunate experience of listening to an Owen Jones podcast

Because it's well known that what you wrote there is incorrect. Of course non white people can be racist  

I'll provide a couple of examples but I must warn you of the content. It's a tough listen 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/face-woman-who-told-man-20146971

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34549590

Plus there's the likes of Naz Shah believing 'raped white girls should shut up for the sake of diversity' and some of the language Suella Braverman has used against those naughty individuals coming on boats. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

You've either been accustomed to the Owlstalk politics section or have had the unfortunate experience of listening to an Owen Jones podcast

Because it's well known that what you wrote there is incorrect. Of course non white people can be racist  

I'll provide a couple of examples but I must warn you of the content. It's a tough listen 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/face-woman-who-told-man-20146971

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34549590

Plus there's the likes of Naz Shah believing 'raped white girls should shut up for the sake of diversity' and some of the language Suella Braverman has used against those naughty individuals coming on boats. 

I can appreciate sometimes sarcasm is not easy to spot in a post. 

And the 2nd part of my statement should have been asterisked accordingly.

I did frequent said Stalk section for far too long and you are 100% correct it would have been uttered by many in there.

I can safely say my posts in there did not accord to the consensus.

The most racist comment I have heard in the last few years was a chap of Asian origin giving his views on the black section of society.

So my post was very much tongue in cheek