New manager thread

Seems as we're getting one, we might as well have a thread on it.

Let's do it a bit different, who you'd like, who you definitely don't want and your left field pick.

Want = Warburton

Don't want = Smith, Hughton or Mrs Doubtfire

Left field = John Terry

Edited by Otto_Man

I would also add, if we are going to go left field from abroad… I’d want to see…

1. Under the age of 45.

2. Repeated success no matter what club they are from, in that countries second tier and up.

3. Been in jobs for more than 2 full years.

4. Someone with a burgeoning reputation in the game, so a coach on the up.

20 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I would also add, if we are going to go left field from abroad… I’d want to see…

1. Under the age of 45.

2. Repeated success no matter what club they are from, in that countries second tier and up.

I have seen we are being linked with Danny Röhl. That ticks a lot of the boxes above. 

8 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I have seen we are being linked with Danny Röhl. That ticks a lot of the boxes above. 

Have we been linked with Rohl by a credible source, or just names thrown about by who people want?

We apparently went for him last time, why didn't he get offered it, if he did and turned it down, why would he come this time?

Just now, MAL said:

Have we been linked with Rohl by a credible source, or just names thrown about by who people want?

We apparently went for him last time, why didn't he get offered it, if he did and turned it down, why would he come this time?

Wasn't he still Germany's assistant coach at the time? May have needed to pay them/him too much at the time to get him in.

He's unemployed now though.

41 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Would take: Jones, Hughton, Beale

Dont want: Warnock, Warburton (would have him as a number two), Hughes, Carlos, Bruce, Wilder, Smith, Lampard, Terry

Left field: Parker, Barton

Joey Barton? Aye with his assaulting his bird and murdering racist brother great!

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Want Smith (won't happen)/Robins

Would take Carlos, Warburton

Don't want Colin, Wilder

Left field Keane, or that lad at Notts County or the bloke at Oxford ex MK

If you mean Karl Robinson he is at Leeds as assistant manager and is fucking wank!

Somebody that will grasp it. No BS waffle in interviews, straight forward. 

No Colin or that runty fucker that walked from pigs when it went sour either.

I'd take Bruce back and Carlos S1. Time has probably made em think things through and better the 2nd time around.

Dean Smith ticks the boxes but does he want it?

31 minutes ago, Reesh said:

And Cardiff?

Got them into the play offs as I recall, but not sure if that was his work or building on someone else's?! 

His experience at Gillingham ticks a lot of boxes, he was able to work with Scally and saved them from almost certain relegation last season.

1 minute ago, Otto_Man said:

Got them into the play offs as I recall, but not sure if that was his work or building on someone else's?! 

His experience at Gillingham ticks a lot of boxes, he was able to work with Scally and saved them from almost certain relegation last season.

Weren't they taken over by a Yank who pumped loads in and didn't he relegate Gillingham?

Edited by Reesh

5 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Any chance we can get someone likeable?

All the ***** seem to be lining up

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

If you mean Karl Robinson he is at Leeds as assistant manager and is fucking wank!

Oh God no not him. If he could get any worse he went to eeds with Big Sam. 

No young blond lad. Did really well with MK got em to play offs b4 they sold better players. He went to Oxford but don't know if still there.

Left field suggestion

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Weren't they taken over by a Yank who pumped loads in and didn't he relegate Gillingham?

Went down from L1 on goal difference and then Scally starved the funding so they only had about 13 first team players, bench was either incomplete or packed with kids most weeks before the yanks stepped in. Got them off to a decent enough start, but seems the owners were expecting more?!

Want: someone that’ll get us organised, playing on the front foot with a bit of pride and confidence. Out of the likely candidates that probably whittles it down to no-one.

Don't want: Warnock, Wilder, Evans, any previous Wednesday manager, any ex-United manager, Lampard/Gerrard/Terry etc whose name will precede the club’s, anyone over 50 whose managerial career is mainly tier 3 and below, Big Sam, Little Sam, Big Mick, any manager whose last/current job was in Saudi / China / Thailand, anyone generally considered a bit eccentric, e.g. Di Canio, Carbone. 

Would accept (meh): Pretty much anyone not in the list above, with a few years experience and more than one success on their CV.

Left field: A woman. Or a bloke doing well managing a women’s team.

7 hours ago, KrolMong said:

1. Under the age of 45.

Interesting post.  My criteria for a left field appointment would be…

1 At least 200 games as a manager

2. Successful, measured by the standards of the club’s expectations, at more than one place

3 Fluent English speaker

4 Already managed outside of his own country (if not UK national)

5 Young or fit enough to be energetic on training pitch

Edited by owl71