Jump to content

New manager thread


Otto_Man

Recommended Posts

Seems as we're getting one, we might as well have a thread on it.

Let's do it a bit different, who you'd like, who you definitely don't want and your left field pick.

Want = Warburton

Don't want = Smith, Hughton or Mrs Doubtfire

Left field = John Terry

Edited by Otto_Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would also add, if we are going to go left field from abroad… I’d want to see…

1. Under the age of 45.

2. Repeated success no matter what club they are from, in that countries second tier and up.

3. Been in jobs for more than 2 full years.

4. Someone with a burgeoning reputation in the game, so a coach on the up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I would also add, if we are going to go left field from abroad… I’d want to see…

1. Under the age of 45.

2. Repeated success no matter what club they are from, in that countries second tier and up.

3. Been in jobs for more than 2 full years.

4. Someone with a burgeoning reputation in the game, so a coach on the up.

I have seen we are being linked with Danny Röhl. That ticks a lot of the boxes above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I have seen we are being linked with Danny Röhl. That ticks a lot of the boxes above. 

Have we been linked with Rohl by a credible source, or just names thrown about by who people want?

We apparently went for him last time, why didn't he get offered it, if he did and turned it down, why would he come this time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MAL said:

Have we been linked with Rohl by a credible source, or just names thrown about by who people want?

We apparently went for him last time, why didn't he get offered it, if he did and turned it down, why would he come this time?

Wasn't he still Germany's assistant coach at the time? May have needed to pay them/him too much at the time to get him in.

He's unemployed now though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Would take: Jones, Hughton, Beale

Dont want: Warnock, Warburton (would have him as a number two), Hughes, Carlos, Bruce, Wilder, Smith, Lampard, Terry

Left field: Parker, Barton

Joey Barton? Aye with his assaulting his bird and murdering racist brother great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Want Smith (won't happen)/Robins

Would take Carlos, Warburton

Don't want Colin, Wilder

Left field Keane, or that lad at Notts County or the bloke at Oxford ex MK

If you mean Karl Robinson he is at Leeds as assistant manager and is fucking wank!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somebody that will grasp it. No BS waffle in interviews, straight forward. 

No Colin or that runty fucker that walked from pigs when it went sour either.

I'd take Bruce back and Carlos S1. Time has probably made em think things through and better the 2nd time around.

 

Dean Smith ticks the boxes but does he want it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Reesh said:

And Cardiff?

Got them into the play offs as I recall, but not sure if that was his work or building on someone else's?! 

His experience at Gillingham ticks a lot of boxes, he was able to work with Scally and saved them from almost certain relegation last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Otto_Man said:

Got them into the play offs as I recall, but not sure if that was his work or building on someone else's?! 

His experience at Gillingham ticks a lot of boxes, he was able to work with Scally and saved them from almost certain relegation last season.

Weren't they taken over by a Yank who pumped loads in and didn't he relegate Gillingham?

 

Edited by Reesh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Got them into the play offs as I recall, but not sure if that was his work or building on someone else's?! 

His experience at Gillingham ticks a lot of boxes, he was able to work with Scally and saved them from almost certain relegation last season.

Any chance we can get someone likeable?

All the ***** seem to be lining up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

If you mean Karl Robinson he is at Leeds as assistant manager and is fucking wank!

Oh God no not him. If he could get any worse he went to eeds with Big Sam. 

No young blond lad. Did really well with MK got em to play offs b4 they sold better players. He went to Oxford but don't know if still there.

Left field suggestion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Weren't they taken over by a Yank who pumped loads in and didn't he relegate Gillingham?

 

Went down from L1 on goal difference and then Scally starved the funding so they only had about 13 first team players, bench was either incomplete or packed with kids most weeks before the yanks stepped in. Got them off to a decent enough start, but seems the owners were expecting more?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Want: someone that’ll get us organised, playing on the front foot with a bit of pride and confidence. Out of the likely candidates that probably whittles it down to no-one.

Don't want: Warnock, Wilder, Evans, any previous Wednesday manager, any ex-United manager, Lampard/Gerrard/Terry etc whose name will precede the club’s, anyone over 50 whose managerial career is mainly tier 3 and below, Big Sam, Little Sam, Big Mick, any manager whose last/current job was in Saudi / China / Thailand, anyone generally considered a bit eccentric, e.g. Di Canio, Carbone. 
 

Would accept (meh): Pretty much anyone not in the list above, with a few years experience and more than one success on their CV.

Left field: A woman. Or a bloke doing well managing a women’s team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I would also add, if we are going to go left field from abroad… I’d want to see…

1. Under the age of 45.

2. Repeated success no matter what club they are from, in that countries second tier and up.

3. Been in jobs for more than 2 full years.

4. Someone with a burgeoning reputation in the game, so a coach on the up.

Interesting post.  My criteria for a left field appointment would be…

1 At least 200 games as a manager

2. Successful, measured by the standards of the club’s expectations, at more than one place

3 Fluent English speaker

4 Already managed outside of his own country (if not UK national)

5 Young or fit enough to be energetic on training pitch

Edited by owl71
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...