A New Group of Attention Seekers

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Well put Teddy. 

I have my frustrations with DC - mainly around season ticket sales policies with the timings and phases and also perceived interference in the football aspect.  I imagine signing players is made more difficult by not having a go between whether this be a CEO or Director of Football.

Yes the lack of a competent one of these is an issue I agree. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I fear there’ll be some ‘altercations’ around the S6 area on Friday. 

Regrettably think you could be right. Equally regrettably many of the agitators would likely enjoy the publicity that would achieve. 

Personally if offered a leaflet I'll just say 'keep it mate' and walk on by. 

14 minutes ago, Snap said:

Cheeky twunts. Plucked from another site that's fast becoming their political wing. 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 19.19.06.png

Presuming that sun is setting, the ***** have got the ground the wrong way around - ***** 

Edited by Beaconowl
spelling error
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

If I had the money I'd love to do that. 

1867 you're not welcome. 

Did you see the Just Stop Oil meeting where they let the helium balloons off with rape alarms attached during the meeting so they couldn't reach them? It was in an old church type building, so the acoustics were great.

• Like 1

It’s all set up nicely for the protesters on Friday now. Team on the end of two hammerings and even the most optimistic of us are now accepting what looks to be the inevitable re our plight this season.

For me Chansiri has to make some form of statement before Friday, if only to take the pressure off DR and the players. He needs to accept that he’s responsible and accountable for where we are, that he’s royally fucked up and, ideally, that he’s now actively looking to sell up. 

It’s irresponsible of him to just stay quiet and carry on as if everything is fine. It isn’t, we’re a club in disarray, player confidence is at rock bottom, fans are fucked off, DR must be disillusioned with how things are panning out, so now is the time that the bloke running the show, at the top of the tree, needs to show some leadership. 

I’m now in the Chansiri Out camp, but I accept that if he is to go it will only be on his terms, but my god the bloke needs to show some bollocks now and step up to the plate. He’s the one who appointed Munoz, he’s the one who’s called out supporters this season, he’s the one who has allowed us to enter this season on the back foot, he’s the one who has overseen a mediocre January transfer window, so now’s the time for him to address supporters and tell us what the fuck his plans and vision are for the club moving forward, because his silence is deafening! 

And it’s killing the club!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

It’s all set up nicely for the protesters on Friday now. Team on the end of two hammerings and even the most optimistic of us are now accepting what looks to be the inevitable re our plight this season.

For me Chansiri has to make some form of statement before Friday, if only to take the pressure off DR and the players. He needs to accept that he’s responsible and accountable for where we are, that he’s royally fucked up and, ideally, that he’s now actively looking to sell up. 

It’s irresponsible of him to just stay quiet and carry on as if everything is fine. It isn’t, we’re a club in disarray, player confidence is at rock bottom, fans are fucked off, DR must be disillusioned with how things are panning out, so now is the time that the bloke running the show, at the top of the tree, needs to show some leadership. 

I’m now in the Chansiri Out camp, but I accept that if he is to go it will only be on his terms, but my god the bloke needs to show some bollocks now and step up to the plate. He’s the one who appointed Munoz, he’s the one who’s called out supporters this season, he’s the one who has allowed us to enter this season on the back foot, he’s the one who has overseen a mediocre January transfer window, so now’s the time for him to address supporters and tell us what the fuck his plans and vision are for the club moving forward, because his silence is deafening! 

I think we have been on the same wavelength for the last few months, so totally on board with this view.

I mean I don't think any protest will force his hand, if anything its more likely he would dig his heels in.

But genuinely after 9 years the Club seems to be spiralling downward under his ownership. For his own sanity and finances you think he needs to get out now. 

3 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Be honest, MK, has he got a choice? DC could easily just do a ‘Reading’ and we end up in an even worse position.

That is the risk with the protests for sure. I think there is part of his character that could say "fuck you rot away".

I hope that is not the case so the genuine hope is he sees there needs to be a change and he proactively offers us for sale. Best case it would take 6 months to achieve, ideally it would be shorter so a new owner can start in League 1 on their own terms 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beaconowl said:

Be honest, MK, has he got a choice? DC could easily just do a ‘Reading’ and we end up in an even worse position.

Why would he do that though? Surely if he’s got even a modicum of business acumen he should seek to get something out of his investment, and cut his losses with the least financial damage to him as possible.

If he does a Reading he’ll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

My only worry would be for him to pass the custodianship of the club on to someone even worse than he is, which is entirely possible given his track record.

This last few weeks have been the straw that’s broke the camel’s back for me. I’ve backed him since he came to the club, but even my patience has run out now. I no longer believe he has what’s required to take the club forward.

We’re not just a damaged football club, we’re a joke of one!

11 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

I think these thick ***** need to take a look down at Reading to see what a mess we could really be in if Chansiri does go "well fuck ya then"

Utterly pathetic by a bunch of people who between themselves probably don't have a pot to piss in.

If anybody is a danger to our club, its fans like these 1867 group, I'd rather they didn't bother attending 

D'you reckon they do?

10 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

D'you reckon they do?

No their desire to get shut of Chansiri seems to take precedence over what could come next

They are part of the problem

They are not part of the solution

Due reference to Wayne Cramer of MC5

24 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Why would he do that though? Surely if he’s got even a modicum of business acumen he should seek to get something out of his investment, and cut his losses with the least financial damage to him as possible.

If he does a Reading he’ll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

My only worry would be for him to pass the custodianship of the club on to someone even worse than he is, which is entirely possible given his track record.

This last few weeks have been the straw that’s broke the camel’s back for me. I’ve backed him since he came to the club, but even my patience has run out now. I no longer believe he has what’s required to take the club forward.

We’re not just a damaged football club, we’re a joke of one!

So he doesn’t have to plough anymore money into a sinking ship. Cuts his losses 

9 hours ago, Bellsview said:

DC won’t make a statement, he got out of that cycle of writing a statement for everything and anything which he did at times previously. We’ll rumble on. 

If we stay up, we can live in hope that someone sees there’s still potential in the perennial sleeping giant, and chucks their brass at DC and he goes. Thanks for giving us a little hope for a season or two DC. But please. Bugger off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

DC won’t make a statement, he got out of that cycle of writing a statement for everything and anything which he did at times previously. We’ll rumble on. 

If we stay up, we can live in hope that someone sees there’s still potential in the perennial sleeping giant, and chucks their brass at DC and he goes. Thanks for giving us a little hope for a season or two DC. But please. Bugger off. 

I don’t think it’s as much about big money owners any more. Just sane ones. Big spending in a short timeframe isn’t permitted so when someone able to top up what the fans generate in income (which is the only thing attractive currently and more than many other clubs) to get a competitive budget is probably sufficient. Maybe the Penny has dropped with Rohl and looking at younger players and signing cadermarteri up but if Rohl leaves this summer it’s back to square one with no continuity and that’s just how DC will always do it. Maybe a 12-18 month plan. If we could invest in a more stable set up then medium term rewards could be there but he doesn’t seem interested in that and that’s why he will fail unless he changes or someone else comes in to do it. Obviously using that model and having more money to invest shortens the timeframes and enables a club in trouble to go and buy a striker for example and that’s where a theoretical new owner seems appealing to many, if they are out there amid the tyre kickers. It does feel like a change could breathe life into the club just as Mike Ashley leaving newcastle did 

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

I don’t think it’s as much about big money owners any more. Just sane ones. Big spending in a short timeframe isn’t permitted so when someone able to top up what the fans generate in income (which is the only thing attractive currently and more than many other clubs) to get a competitive budget is probably sufficient. Maybe the Penny has dropped with Rohl and looking at younger players and signing cadermarteri up but if Rohl leaves this summer it’s back to square one with no continuity and that’s just how DC will always do it. Maybe a 12-18 month plan. If we could invest in a more stable set up then medium term rewards could be there but he doesn’t seem interested in that and that’s why he will fail unless he changes or someone else comes in to do it. Obviously using that model and having more money to invest shortens the timeframes and enables a club in trouble to go and buy a striker for example and that’s where a theoretical new owner seems appealing to many, if they are out there amid the tyre kickers. It does feel like a change could breathe life into the club just as Mike Ashley leaving newcastle did 

That last example is a bad one, pal. Not many will get ownership of that potential investment level!

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

if they are out there amid the tyre kickers. It does feel like a change could breathe life into the club just as Mike Ashley leaving newcastle did 

Mike Ashley was as much of a part of their resultant success as the Saudis, simply because he refused to sell until a buyer with proper clout came in as he wanted to maximise his return.

He'd be a great new owner for us

• Like 1

So these stories that came out about the club only accepting cash at the shop for Season Tickets and giving back handwritten receipts...anyone know anything about it.  Is it true?  A computer glitch for a few minutes?  Something more worrying? Or made up bollocks? 

2 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

So these stories that came out about the club only accepting cash at the shop for Season Tickets and giving back handwritten receipts...anyone know anything about it.  Is it true?  A computer glitch for a few minutes?  Something more worrying? Or made up bollocks? 

Depends who you ask.

This bloke said it's because of sanctions.

Somewhere else said it was a blanket change from the card merchants on large purchases, we're just first because we released tickets earlier. I had a look and Scunthorpe have the same issue. There were more mentioned, but I forget who they are.

Screenshot_20240206_173405_Brave.jpg

1 minute ago, BraddersTim said:

My mate told me the following  in brief, last night. If I remember it right.

He tried to renew their seats online and pay by card, on Monday I think. He set up a PP a/c and was doing it through that. All ok until he tried to put their seat numbers in.  Every time it refused to let him.

Eventually, not knowing what else to do, he tried to ring the ticket office.  No chance. Tried forever but couldn't get through.  Not knowing what else to do, (again), he got in the car and drove down there. And found the ticket office fans queue outside the building.

After queuing up a long time he got to a desk and described his problem. Obviously he wanted to pay but wanted to pay by card but it wouldn't let him, could they help him. The reply was basically that there was a problem, it wasn't working and they couldn't help him.  

(At this point he felt like having an argument but as the queue was miles long behind him he thought he'd probably get lynched.  He also told me that he thought that if the employee had decided to have a go at trying to help, HE'D probably have got lynched instead.)

So he renewed by cheque in the ticket office.  

Maguires answer sounds like damaging speculation without facts & without a leak I don't see anyway that he'd have that knowledge.

Tewks explanation looks more likely & probably another example of how the club could save themselves a load of grief if they were able to come out and say what the reason is.  It still doesn't explain the handwritten receipt thing though, it's not as though EPOS pricing is difficult to set up. 

45 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Depends who you ask.

Somewhere else said it was a blanket change from the card merchants on large purchases, we're just first because we released tickets earlier. I had a look and Scunthorpe have the same issue. There were more mentioned, but I forget who they are.

Maguire is a shit stirring **** who deserves a terminal illness.

34 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Maguire is a shit stirring **** who deserves a terminal illness.

I put the scunthorpe thing on another site as 'evidence' when this all started after being called a liar a few times.

Unfortunately it 'disappeared' and I can't post there anymore.

On 06/02/2024 at 08:40, HoylandOwl said:

I fear there’ll be some ‘altercations’ around the S6 area on Friday. 

Convinced of it pal ......The "Do not renew your ST" thread on OT caused a massive backlash last night both before & during the match at Cov ........ The same 15 or so sanctimonious twats, whilst indulging in mutual masturbation, were referring to those who renew "Stupid" & "Being part of the problem" .......... One of the main protagonists even said he would be handing out leaflets & where he'd be handing them out pre match ............... Looks like he'll be getting a visit from some of those he's designated as "stupid" ................... Really hope it doesn't kick off but fear the worst!

Edited by CasbahOwl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That last example is a bad one, pal. Not many will get ownership of that potential investment level!

They won’t, but a lot of what happened last season with newcastle was as much about a feel good factor around the club as it was actual investment. They signed Chris wood at first and some fairly ordinary players made it to the UCL. This season is showing where they really are in the pecking order unless the Saudis flex their muscle a bit more

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Mike Ashley was as much of a part of their resultant success as the Saudis, simply because he refused to sell until a buyer with proper clout came in as he wanted to maximise his return.

He'd be a great new owner for us

Maybe. I think he’s more focused on buying properties to rent to football clubs and  hillsborough being split from the club could be even more onerous under someone like him. 

3 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Depends who you ask.

Maguire is an odd ball.

But aren’t Scunthorpe in some kind of ownership meltdown or have been very recently 

6 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Maguire is an odd ball.

But aren’t Scunthorpe in some kind of ownership meltdown or have been very recently 

Don't know.

But just googling early bird tickets doesn't yield many results as we were among he first, so we won't know.

Mainly Bolton, but it looks like theirs is bank transfer or DD.

Can't remember who said it originally and can't find it anymore, but they said clubs were trying to find new providers, we didn't have time. So we may never find our if the other clubs find one before their tickets come out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

Reciepts are via an email linked to your account. 

Seen loads of posts on social media saying you can not buy a season ticket online with a debit or credit card, this is not true and club have stated this on website today. 

4 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I renewed in cash last week before the Watford game

It was only when I thought about it later I realised i hadn't been given a receipt - the guy said I would get an email which I did later about an hour later

I don't know the facts here, but in a practical sense as the various accountants will testify, for a retail business that accepts credit cards, there is a charge levied by the provider. Even the likes of Stripe, PayPal charge for the privilege.

So it could be that few quid is lost before the Club gets it. Not forgetting that the price you pay is inclusive of VAT, so 1/6th gets paid to the Govt.

The sinister aspect that some are presumably trying to allude to is that of cash sales. In the sense of builders offering reduced payment terms for um cash settled items. 

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I don't know the facts here, but in a practical sense as the various accountants will testify, for a retail business that accepts credit cards, there is a charge levied by the provider. Even the likes of Stripe, PayPal charge for the privilege.

So it could be that few quid is lost before the Club gets it. Not forgetting that the price you pay is inclusive of VAT, so 1/6th gets paid to the Govt.

The sinister aspect that some are presumably trying to allude to is that of cash sales. In the sense of builders offering reduced payment terms for um cash settled items. 

Brother renewed his in ticket office yesterday and a bloke in front of him had over £6k on him to renew his own and some family and friends. 

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Brother renewed his in ticket office yesterday and a bloke in front of him had over £6k on him to renew his own and some family and friends. 

He HAD it…

and you’ve got a brand new second hand car now….. 🤣🤣👍👍

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Crikey did he have a builders van parked nearby 

• Haha 1

There is a good call from Football Heavan this evening doing the rounds on X.

I mean whether I agree with his conclusion on the ease to get a new buyer, the rest of it I think expresses fairly well about where the Club is at present.

27 minutes ago, mkowl said:

There is a good call from Football Heavan this evening doing the rounds on X.

I mean whether I agree with his conclusion on the ease to get a new buyer, the rest of it I think expresses fairly well about where the Club is at present.

Here it is….

And fwiw. I think if the 1867 Group had gone about things like this, reasoned, distancing themselves from alienating those with an opposing view and encouraging debate about things such as still attending games, then they’d have had so much more support.