Them West Yorkshire wankers match day thread

Reesh

Good to get off the mark, the results at Rotherham and Huddersfield a bit of a reminder we can’t be too happy with single points but under the circumstances and expecting a defeat I’d have taken it early on. Some great chances at the end, would have been so funny to have beaten them on their own patch again and I thought Paterson might just have done it 

28 minutes ago, Andyben said:

If past seasons are anything to go by, we're really only looknbg at two relegation places to avoid as at least one club will get a points deduction.

For all their possession we still had more shots on target, pity we couldn't  manage to bring in a striker but moving  right direction.

13 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Got to be happy with that irrespective of other results.

It’s a platform to build fro and we’re off the  bottom.

I thought we looked more organised and we look like we’re developing a good spirit in the camp. I see no evidence of them not believing in the manager irrespective of what is said in some sections of the fan base 

It’s good to see the fighting spirit back but I think we are probably only getting back to levels of where we were already at last season which was generally organised and physical. Maybe with a bit more of an established base we might see Valentin and Mussaba added to the mix to add a bit more speed in attack.

11 minutes ago, TheExile said:

It’s good to see the fighting spirit back but I think we are probably only getting back to levels of where we were already at last season which was generally organised and physical. Maybe with a bit more of an established base we might see Valentin and Mussaba added to the mix to add a bit more speed in attack.

Who's Mussaba?

2 hours ago, TheExile said:

Good to get off the mark, the results at Rotherham and Huddersfield a bit of a reminder we can’t be too happy with single points but under the circumstances and expecting a defeat I’d have taken it early on. Some great chances at the end, would have been so funny to have beaten them on their own patch again and I thought Paterson might just have done it 

Let's be reight: most of us were expecting a tonking, not a defeat.

Enjoyed that & this time the full game. Played sensibly & with real spirit: intelligent and well timed subs, for once, too. E.g. sending Iorfa on to man mark Gnonto when he was becoming a real pest. Dom replaced Pato at r.b: Pato went forward and Gregory was taken off.  When Pato was knackered, Valentin replaced him. I hear the Dirties have been moaning we were "anti-football". We had more shots on target than them so they can do one.  Our two big chances were Windass totally thru in box and hit keeper/ keeper blocked plus Pato blazed over when a corner dropped to him in box.  They got the support they deserved, too, and the Dirties got the abuse they deserved, too, for existing!

• Like 1

Very pleased overall!

Chansiri out chants in the late 70th minute didn’t take hold! Seriously who thought that would be a good idea!

Apparently also at start of match but I were in the peacock still lol

Let’s enjoy the 2 week off! And come back and nail 12 points from the next 5

8 hours ago, EBRA said:

Very pleased overall!

Chansiri out chants in the late 70th minute didn’t take hold! Seriously who thought that would be a good idea!

Apparently also at start of match but I were in the peacock still lol

Let’s enjoy the 2 week off! And come back and nail 12 points from the next 5

Most fans are always there to support the team. At 0-0, holding a local rival at bay, threatening to nick it, then a chant against the owner is never going to be appropriate.

I accept that some believe support for the team should be unconditional, irrespective of whether we win, lose or draw, where we are in the league, which league we are in fact in. 

For others it's not the case, they want to see some sustainable progression and us punching at our weight not below it. 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Most fans are always there to support the team. At 0-0, holding a local rival at bay, threatening to nick it, then a chant against the owner is never going to be appropriate.

I accept that some believe support for the team should be unconditional, irrespective of whether we win, lose or draw, where we are in the league, which league we are in fact in. 

For others it's not the case, they want to see some sustainable progression and us punching at our weight not below it. 

Quite a few around us chanted it during the earlier outbreak. Mainly young 'uns, a few older dickhead looking types. 

Rather like the noisy types that strutted into the car park at the ground chanting, "We all hate L**ds scum!"  Average age 14.   

For those that are interested a quick report back from watching the Dingles yesterday.

Walking past the away fanzone felt like peering in on some sort of genetic experiment lab, one do the inmates chanted something aimed in my general direction that might have been some rudimentary form of communication but I couldn’t make it out. If only they had known my true colours.

There were quite a few empty seats in the away end, they made a bit of noise, mainly anti Leeds, didn’t hear anything anti-Wednesday. Me and my lad sang a little ‘we saw you crying at Wembley’ under our breath.

Dingles don’t look as good as last season on the evidence of yesterday. Cheltenham should have been three up at half time but, as they still haven’t managed a single goal this season, probably not a surprise that they weren’t.

Barnsley ran out 2-0 winners in the end but didn’t really deserve it. Can’t see them going up but then again League One doesn’t look as strong so they might scrape it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m pleased with yesterday’s performance and result. On another day we could have come away with all three. We set up largely as we did against Cardiff, looking to keep it tight and hopefully grab a goal. As you would expect away from home. 

Players like Gregory, Paterson , Windass and Bannan are showing they can act under instruction. They’ve bought into the transition a little more. Smith is there because we have nothing else. Fletcher hasn’t shown anything yet. 

Of the new players, Delgado and Devis have settled best but Diaby and Barnard looked better yesterday and we’ve seen glimpses of Pol in the last couple of games. The two new lads will add another dimension, plus I think we’ll see more of Musaba at home. Gregory will go back to playing up top. 

Hopefully we continue with the improvement. We’ve got enough quality to get goals and win games, even if we haven’t got a 15-20 goal striker. We need more complete performances, but yesterday we were in the game for most of the 90 and managed to dominate for some spells, so we’re getting there.  

Reasons to be less than miserable. 

• Like 7

There was a clear plan on how to deal with Leeds, and I thought we got better at using it as the game wore on.

My concern first half was the gap between Bernard and Pato, but Xisco addressed that at half time. I thought the back five were really good second half.

We weren’t great with the ball, although we had a decent 15 minute spell where we caused them problems.

It was a good display, disciplined, hard working.

Bannan, Bernard, Delgado, Pato, Famewo were good, as was the keeper.

We’ve seen a platform today, we need to integrate the wingers and Valentin, as that’s where the chances will come from.

• Like 3

Thought we looked the better side for much of the second half especially when we nullified Gnonto. They always had that potential threat though as we saw with the guilt edged Rutter “chip” that he completely messed up. I think we do have the potential to nick goals as we very nearly did but there’s that overriding feeling that if we concede first it becomes very difficult but I guess that’s where we are at currently.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Thought we looked the better side for much of the second half especially when we nullified Gnonto. They always had that potential threat though as we saw with the guilt edged Rutter “chip” that he completely messed up. I think we do have the potential to nick goals as we very nearly did but there’s that overriding feeling that if we concede first it becomes very difficult but I guess that’s where we are at currently.

That was a wonderful piss taking moment when Rutter did that but the worthy Pato had one of his own around the same time. For once we got several players forward at once and put the ball back into their box from our right wing. It was behind Pato so he turned back and tried to lift the ball further across with his left foot. It ended up going as much upwards as across: about 2 yards.  😁  To be fair, it was his wrong foot and he was stretching for it. Pulled a reight face, too!   

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That was a wonderful piss taking moment when Rutter did that but the worthy Pato had one of his own around the same time. For once we got several players forward at once and put the ball back into their box from our right wing. It was behind Pato so he turned back and tried to lift the ball further across with his left foot. It ended up going as much upwards as across: about 2 yards.  😁  To be fair, it was his wrong foot and he was stretching for it. Pulled a reight face, too!   

Yeah i didn’t see a replay but it looked guilt edged at the time and likely would have gone in if it was on his right foot or his head. It was the sweat dripping from his mullet that added that extra bit of sorrow to it 

16 hours ago, Supercockle said:

I’m pleased with yesterday’s performance and result. On another day we could have come away with all three. We set up largely as we did against Cardiff, looking to keep it tight and hopefully grab a goal. As you would expect away from home. 

Players like Gregory, Paterson , Windass and Bannan are showing they can act under instruction. They’ve bought into the transition a little more. Smith is there because we have nothing else. Fletcher hasn’t shown anything yet. 

Of the new players, Delgado and Devis have settled best but Diaby and Barnard looked better yesterday and we’ve seen glimpses of Pol in the last couple of games. The two new lads will add another dimension, plus I think we’ll see more of Musaba at home. Gregory will go back to playing up top. 

Hopefully we continue with the improvement. We’ve got enough quality to get goals and win games, even if we haven’t got a 15-20 goal striker. We need more complete performances, but yesterday we were in the game for most of the 90 and managed to dominate for some spells, so we’re getting there.  

Reasons to be less than miserable. 

Thanks for that SC.

• Like 1