Them West Yorkshire wankers match day thread

Reesh

I’m usually one to say results are more important than performance. But, I am going to be controversial and reverse it for tomorrows game.

I think the performance tomorrow is critical. What I want to see is us compete and create against Leeds. It may not be enough to get a result, but I think fans will accept us having and executing a game plan, causing problems and coming away thinking we have had a pop. It gives us something to build on.

What will be unacceptable is for us to turn up, rollover, get our bellies tickled and offer nothing. If we get battered, and offer nothing,  the tide will turn against Xisco and its very difficult to win over the support when you have lost them.

Both teams could have very different starting 11’s depending on what happens today - I expect Leeds to be weaker.

We now need to start seeing a preferred system, way of playing and consistent 11 to get us results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

Well I’m off to Whaddon Road today where I can probably be a little bit less neutral than usual as they are playing Barnsley.

I recall being there in 2018 when Nuhiu scored his knee slide in the snow goal so maybe there’s a little good omen. 

Just parked up in L**ds. We mentioned Atdhe's snow goal on the way up the M1, reminiscing.  

Is he a free agent, perchance?  😁

We are basically playing a 5-4-1, with Gregory and Windass playing wide and Smith down the middle.

We have looked pretty awful with the ball. We can’t string three passes together, and it breaks down as soon as we get over the halfway line. But…

Whilst Leeds have created and missed some decent chances, we do look hard to break down and we’ll drilled. However, the three centre halves are very narrow at times and the chances are coming from Patos side. If he’s going to persist with a 5-4-1, I’d swap Gregory for a winger and give us a natural outlet down one side.

Bannan and Delgado have been decent, as has Bernard and Famewo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, owl71 said:

First point. First clean sheet.  Had one more shot on target than the home team who were two leagues above us last season.  Can we all please just get behind Xisco whatever your opinion of Chansiri.

The shoots of improvement were evident today and given a bit more work on the training ground we can look upwards with confidence 

• Like 2

Reasons to be positive going into the break.

Such a shame we are unlikely to have Momo for a while because I could see really having a team with some power in midfield come two weeks time. Let’s see what the two signings can add to the team.

Ipswich have lost today so may not have quite the same confidence when they arrive at S6. bollox they turned it around!

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Just now, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Such a shame we are unlikely to have Momo for a while because I could see really having a team with some power in midfield come two weeks time. Let’s see what the two signings can add to the team.

Ipswich have lost today so may not have quite the same confidence when they arrive at S6.

Jesus fucking wept.

8 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Battling performance and can't fault that. Something to build on but the lack of firepower you ponder how we are going to turn it into wins. But stopped the rot which was important for everyones morale

You turn it into wins by being clinical, stopping the goals at the other end will be a huge factor, and taking Bannan off set pieces.

Edited by Reesh

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Ipswich have lost today so may not have quite the same confidence when they arrive at S6. bollox they turned it around!

Ipswich will be disappointed in having their 3-2 victory marked as a loss. 

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

You turn it into wins by being clinical, stopping the goals at the other end will be a huge factor, and taking Bannan off set pieces.

I don't think our strike force will ever be clinical, be interesting how he changes that area.

I think the 3 at the back is here to stay. Delgado is doing OK, but I would have Iorfa at RWB.

It then raises the question of 3 5 2 and sticking an extra one in midfield, with Windass playing off a striker. 

Smith sadly has no first touch which is key if we play like this - got to be able to hold the ball up better.

14 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Jesus fucking wept.

Probably the reverse now, ie coming from behind feels even better than having their noses in front all the time.

Anyway, I still think todays result will be a positive for our team going into the break and something we can build on.

No easy games in this league but he has to get them believing in themselves even if we aren’t scoring many.

17 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I don't think our strike force will ever be clinical, be interesting how he changes that area.

I think the 3 at the back is here to stay. Delgado is doing OK, but I would have Iorfa at RWB.

It then raises the question of 3 5 2 and sticking an extra one in midfield, with Windass playing off a striker. 

Smith sadly has no first touch which is key if we play like this - got to be able to hold the ball up better.

3 central defenders because without Momo and until Hendrick ready we have no effective shield.

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Corrected.

With a fit Momo  and Hendrick and Buckley to come in, is that our midfield going forward?

Intriguing. Bannan to play wide left like CC used to have him playing with Momo, Hendrick and Byers in the middle and Buckley on the right Windass and Gregory as a front 2

Better choices now for sure.

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Corrected.

With a fit Momo  and Hendrick and Buckley to come in, is that our midfield going forward?

23 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Delgado played well at LWB or that's what it seemed as Pato was RWB

Edited by Reesh