Taaaaaaaagers (A) Match Thread

11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think you are wrong sadly. Way  below the required standard in just about every position on the pitch.

Slow both in action and thinking.

And the fact Xisco had no clue how to stop their right wing back all match was embarrassing for him

MYbe he did but looks at the bench...

5 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Not hard to see why Xisco only lasts so long at clubs...  

It's the fact after 10 minutes I said they are been given too much width. On 95 minutes they were still going that route. Wtf are the analysts doing or is he incapable of changing it.

Play a fucking left back

Pato is a trier but come on if he is considered first choice then we are screwed

2 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

And he also said he felt the defence was complete, so it wouldn’t look like one was coming in. 

Tbf the defence was probably the most competent part of the team. The issue was the shield, lack of, in front of them 

Midfield is the pivotal area of any team and their lack of defensive help coupled with the inability to pass it was so below standard

It needs addressing immediately 

That was poor.

They may have been gifted a goal on the stroke of half time,  but they had a fairly easy ride 2nd half. We were miles off them.

The fact they were getting in way too easy down our left never got addressed, is a concern. Delgado may have scored but he did little else.

The midfield and forward line look both disjointed and lacking any real pattern.

A positive, the keeper looks so comfortable on the ball and did what he needed to efficiently. He couldn’t be blamed for any of the goals.

Pato did ok and the new centre half looked ok, but the defence left open. Famewo did ok given he’s not really a left back.

Attacking wise we can’t rely on Gregory and Smith making their own goals in this league like the could do in L1

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Are you actually surprised? 

I’ll try to remain optimistic and not panic yet, as it’s very early days in the season, but we are being made to look mugs by one of the poorer sides in this division.

I hope that this is just early days and down to players still getting to know each other and our system of play, that we will eventually click and start to push on, and also address those blatant midfield issues whilst at it - urgently!

What exactly is our system of play?

Was just thinking about our last two promotion seasons. When you analyse the squads that got us up, in the end only 3 or 4 at most made the step up with us each time.

Both seasons we were really struggling around Christmas time but made a couple of decent signings in January and stayed up.

Understandable that there is concern as two defeats is not a good way to start any season. But things can change.

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Was just thinking about our last two promotion seasons. When you analyse the squads that got us up, in the end only 3 or 4 at most made the step up with us each time.

Both seasons we were really struggling around Christmas time but made a couple of decent signings in January and stayed up.

Understandable that there is concern as two defeats is not a good way to start any season. But things can change.

We lost 7 in a row one season to start the season and Still stayed up.  Let's see where we are after 10 games

2 minutes ago, Chelters said:

My concern has always been that we had a squad to get promoted last year, but it was never a squad like Ipswich or Plymouth were developing that could transition better to the Championship.

It is early season but we are so far off the quality required in the playing squad and a new manager as well. I also saw today heads dropping - its alright saying give it 4 or 5 games but if we are continuously outplayed then confidence will be shot as well 

Said it so many times. There has to be some time taken for a new manager to bed his ideas in with the players and them to be receptive to those ideas.

My slight concern is that there's no spark right now. No glimmer of what we're trying to achieve. So, I aint throwing the baby out with the bath water, not at all, but I'd be lying if I said I think everything will definitely be fine. It's just disheartening to see a side seem so meek out there on the pitch, sitting back, creating so little and giving away so much possession. 

However, as Reesh says which I agree with, 10 games is a reasonable barometer to measure if things are progressing or if there's evidence of genuine potential. 

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Said it so many times. There has to be some time taken for a new manager to bed his ideas in with the players and them to be receptive to those ideas.

My slight concern is that there's no spark right now. No glimmer of what we're trying to achieve. So, I aint throwing the baby out with the bath water, not at all, but I'd be lying if I said I think everything will definitely be fine. It's just disheartening to see a side seem so meek out there on the pitch, sitting back, creating so little and giving away so much possession. 

However, as Reesh says which I agree with, 10 games is a reasonable barometer to measure if things are progressing or if there's evidence of genuine potential. 

1/4 of the season and we could be 10 points from safety at this rate.

None of this let's wait and see factors in the loss of confidence in the players, the pressure within the stadium and on the manager.

Sadly I think the horrible short termism that afflicts the Club will hit again

I agree whilst it was poor today, it takes time to change a teams approach to the game as well as bed in new players, particularly ones that are new to the Championship.

Id go further than 10 games, I’d say he’s got until Christmas. I’m saying that on the basis of how long DC will give him. I’d say that should also be long enough for us to see some progress.

Preston at home is another good yardstick as we’ve discussed before. 

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I agree whilst it was poor today, it takes time to change a teams approach to the game as well as bed in new players, particularly ones that are new to the Championship.

Id go further than 10 games, I’d say he’s got until Christmas. I’m saying that on the basis of how long DC will give him. I’d say that should also be long enough for us to see some progress.

Preston at home is another good yardstick as we’ve discussed before. 

I actually think another poor performance and result it will be toxic at the end of that game.

There is zero goodwill toward DC after the summer and that will extend to his managerial appointments in the cross fire

5 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So it's OK to be shit this season as we have been shit in the past.

I’m saying that, if we’re realistic that staying up is the aim this season, we don’t need to panic at a couple of bad performances.

Im not saying it’s not a worry, just needs a bit of perspective.

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I’m saying that, if we’re realistic that staying up is the aim this season, we don’t need to panic at a couple of bad performances.

Im not saying it’s not a worry, just needs a bit of perspective.

I would have more perspective if I could see what the plan was. Its the fact we have been so far from the required performance levels and any semblance of a game plan that will work it has spooked me somewhat.

Just now, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I would have more perspective if I could see what the plan was. Its the fact we have been so far from the required performance levels and any semblance of a game plan that will work it has spooked me somewhat.

I think spending the weekend up in Hull has done more damage, have a pint and a line and relax

30 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I actually think another poor performance and result it will be toxic at the end of that game.

There is zero goodwill toward DC after the summer and that will extend to his managerial appointments in the cross fire

I don’t agree. I don’t think DC has zero good will and I believe the team needs time to change and I’ll give them that. 

Today wasn’t good enough, we know that but there aren’t 2 games to go with 6 points needed. 

Many people said the team needed wholesale changes, as it was too old; that’s happening. A lot of people believed Darren Moore wasn’t the right man for the job , DC changed that. And as for short-termist approach, we’ve signed a good spread of younger players this summer. I assume that won’t be accepted either if we’re struggling and we should have signed more players with Championship experience. Sometimes it feels like you’ve put shit in DCs left and right hand and you’re asking him to clap. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

MK the voice of doom! 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I know you were a popular and regular poster on stalk before you upset the fuhrer, maybe there's some sub concious scars still in there👍

The main thing that worries people, as far as I can see, is...

The control of the ball.

The passing of the ball.

The movement off the ball.

All the basics for a footballer.

Then the worries continue with...

We have played a relegated team from the premiership. 

We have played a mid to bottom team from the league we have just joined. 

Both teams have played, neat control by most/all of the team,  passing it sharply to another team mate that really wants it by moving into position because they really are comfortable accepting the ball.

So we've had a premiership side passing us off the park, then we had an olso ran team doing the exact same thing.

We have done nothing like the above description.

This is not going to get better overnight, but it needs sorting sooner rather than later, because everybody all around the club is going to be on a downer, literally. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

That’s because he’s asking the back 4 play narrow. That can only be out of fear, there’s no other logic for it 

Alcohol and cocaine to relax? Looking at MK it’d fucking kill him

Its Hull so more likely a line of brown

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MAL said:

The main thing that worries people, as far as I can see, is...

The control of the ball.

The passing of the ball.

The movement off the ball.

All the basics for a footballer.

Then the worries continue with...

We have played a relegated team from the premiership. 

We have played a mid to bottom team from the league we have just joined. 

Both teams have played, neat control by most/all of the team,  passing it sharply to another team mate that really wants it by moving into position because they really are comfortable accepting the ball.

So we've had a premiership side passing us off the park, then we had an olso ran team doing the exact same thing.

We have done nothing like the above description.

This is not going to get better overnight, but it needs sorting sooner rather than later, because everybody all around the club is going to be on a downer, literally. 

Not forgetting that Stockport controlled the game as well 

I accept being the voice of doom, though I prefer the tag grim realist. My real irritation is that the start to the season is entirely predictable when the Club suffers from the curse of short termism that DCs approach cultivates.

Whether you rated Moore or not is not the point, it's the fact we got rid after a promotion, fucked around for 2 weeks, appointed a left field candidate and threw a lot of new players into the mix whilst putting a chunk of last year's squad out to pasture in a morale boosting way, not.

It's a huge gamble as to whether this will work.

And I think it will get toxic quickly, the events since the end of May, going from a winning side to one that looks so disjointed and being played off the park.

The table is embryonic but you see the fellow clubs promoted with us, that have had a plan, a strategy sitting pretty.

The last few Championship seasons were a continual struggle, basically caused by the short termism strategy of shit and bust and failing FFP.

DC is never going to change, but if you fail to plan, then the plan will likely fail. 

• Like 1

Had hoped for a little sanity on here having been looking at Stalk and some of the Facebook groups … MK doing a good job replicating the knee jerk reactions here 🙂

Most of us understand there is a process in place here, new players gelling with old. new players need to get on pitch as well and a brand new high press style that clearly not working yet. 

We have to at minimum as a fan base hold nerve to the first international break! 

The anti Chansiri lot are loving it.. but remember they jumped at the Barnsley defeat to rain doom down on us all.

P.S. It’s that non of us are not close to panic, it just applying common sense to all the variables at play here! 

• Like 2