23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

It’s been a disaster for Ten Haag. I’ve had a look at his transfers, and not one has been a success. Even the ones who have looked decent have ended up being crocks.

When you look at the analysis from ex pros on how they play, there’s no plan, players look disinterested with the exception of a couple, and they have got players like Casemiro who are so far away off the level needed that it’s sad to watch.

They need a rebuild from top to bottom, coaching, players, the lot.

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It’s been a disaster for Ten Haag. I’ve had a look at his transfers, and not one has been a success. Even the ones who have looked decent have ended up being crocks.

When you look at the analysis from ex pros on how they play, there’s no plan, players look disinterested with the exception of a couple, and they have got players like Casemiro who are so far away off the level needed that it’s sad to watch.

An ex-workmate Man U fan summed it up much more succinctly earlier!    🤣

5 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

yet Casemiro was superb last season for them?

He's seemingly got a great knack of coaching players to become worse

• Haha 1

So, are the Dingles going to come back from the dead tonight, having seen what we did a year ago?  They've fallen right away late on, pretty much how we did after losing our long unbeaten run - to them. 

All I wanted at the start of this season was a) Us to stop up, and b) Them not to come up, (especially not both!)  

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

yet Casemiro was superb last season for them?

He's seemingly got a great knack of coaching players to become worse

His legs have completely gone. He’s so far off the pace now that he’s other players are having to fill the gaps he’s leaving. Teams are targeting him and just running off him like he’s not there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

So, are the Dingles going to come back from the dead tonight, having seen what we did a year ago?  They've fallen right away late on, pretty much how we did after losing our long unbeaten run - to them. 

All I wanted at the start of this season was a) Us to stop up, and b) Them not to come up, (especially not both!)  

Hope they come up.

Be a good season with them, blunts, lidz, Derby, Hull etc

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Hope they come up.

Be a good season with them, blunts, lidz, Derby, Hull etc

Got enough clubs that live just to beat us, thanks! Let them play their natural rivals: Rotherham, Doncaster...

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So, you bringing Jaydon Sancho to Germany this summer if you're in charge of England?

Looks back to his best at moment and can fit in anywhere along the  3 behind Kane.

But its Southgate so he'll probably bring some young lad from Palarse or Villa instead 

Edited by Andyben

59 minutes ago, Andyben said:

So, you bringing Jaydon Sancho to Germany this summer if you're in charge of England?

Looks back to his best at moment and can fit in anywhere along the  3 behind Kane.

But its Southgate so he'll probably bring some young lad from Palarse or Villa instead 

Nah. He’s actually been pretty shite at Dortmund. And he’s in a position where at least 5 players are ahead of him statistically in terms of goals and assists.

Saka, Palmer, Foden, Bowen, Eze, Maddison. Even the likes of Rashford and Sterling, and Gibbs White and Hudson Odoi have done better,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Hahahaha! 
That’s enjoyable.

and Dortmund knocking out PSG. 

and Crawleys first leg victory scoreline

Hope they don't go all Peterborough mode in the second leg

8 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

and Crawleys first leg victory scoreline

Hope they don't go all Peterborough mode in the second 

I think that is MK Dons 6th go in the play offs and yet to reach the final. 

I am not expecting much sympathy to that stat on here 🤔

It does not seem to have captured the imagination of the locals that's for sure

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I think that is MK Dons 6th go in the play offs and yet to reach the final. 

I am not expecting much sympathy to that stat on here 🤔

It does not seem to have captured the imagination of the locals that's for sure

Meh, just the three goal deficit to overcome in the second leg? Piece of piss.

56 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Was the FA Cup final v Liverpool the last time they made a final?

They did win the Paint Pot Trophy thingy (under their own name) but as we know that counts for nothing 

57 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Four times as many matches from the EFL with all 72 teams featured more than 20 times per season.

Now that is pretty impressive for the market leader in live EFL games. You don't usually see big companies that have the control Sky has on their market trying so hard, makes you wonder why.😂

Continuing with the Sky subscription theme, what's everyone paying these days? Mine was £38 a month but they've just put it up and it's now £44-50 which I calculated as a 17% increase IIRC.I'm coming out of contract in August or there abouts and they'll be looking to increase it again I expect so just wondered at the going rate as I'm considering dumping them and getting a freesat box in.

Just now, Alan Finney said:

Continuing with the Sky subscription theme, what's everyone paying these days? Mine was £38 a month but they've just put it up and it's now £44-50 which I calculated as a 17% increase IIRC.I'm coming out of contract in August or there abouts and they'll be looking to increase it again I expect so just wondered at the going rate as I'm considering dumping them and getting a freesat box in.

Get some wood that lights....... then look around for running water

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Get some wood that lights....... then look around for running water

They are certainly making a sustained effort to go after the providers, indeed the law would permit them to demand the user lists. That would be interesting.

I actually don't mind paying for decent content. Indeed if nobody did then would there be content ? 

One day they will turn off the satellite signal and it all will be streamed - but 1 minute delays, poor picture quality etc means the quality is diminished.

Do people care, perhaps not these days. 

36 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I’m paying around £50p/m (post latest increase) for whatever their highest package is + Netflix and Paramount. The best day to call them is the day after your contract has expired, the deals they have are much better. Next time mine is up will be the first time I’ve been out of contract with a decent internet speed so we’ll see what happens then. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I’m paying around £50p/m (post latest increase) for whatever their highest package is + Netflix and Paramount. The best day to call them is the day after your contract has expired, the deals they have are much better. Next time mine is up will be the first time I’ve been out of contract with a decent internet speed so we’ll see what happens then. 

Yes, that's where I am with it. I can lay it on a bit thick as well at times, I've gotten worse since retiring as well to such an extent it's become a game when negotiating and it certainly pays off, every pounds a prisoner these days.

Thanks for that, i'll go in hard and i'll be prepared to pull the plug on them, as you say, a decent internet speed is a must and I'll buy a freesat box if I must.

50 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Peterborough v Oxford tonight, the hosts will be hoping for better luck this season.

Tough choice that or Real Madrid v Bayern Munich 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Peterborough v Oxford tonight, the hosts will be hoping for better luck this season.

They’re 5 goals worse off than at the same stage last year so may need it. 

22 minutes ago, Reesh said:

A captains fuck up by Harrison Burrows of Posh has allowed Oxford to equalise from the spot to go back ahead in the tie 2-1

I thought the initial free kick should have gone the other way, be interesting to see what Fergie says post game if Boro don't win.

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Bayern Munich - fucking up late 1-0 leads since 1999.

You can see why Tuchel won’t be there next season. In absolute control, 1-0 up, and replaces his three best players and just invites Real up the pitch. Taking Kane off was madness as he was causing havoc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

You can see why Tuchel won’t be there next season. In absolute control, 1-0 up, and replaces his three best players and just invites Real up the pitch. Taking Kane off was madness as he was causing havoc.

Tuchel is a good manager

Ancolloti is a great manager

One is in the final one isn't based on that decision

And Neuer doing a great impression of someone Scottish

26 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Enjoyed that, Peterborough v Oxford, exciting stuff at the end, unlucky Peterborough again.

Considering they were at home thought it was a bit of a lame effort. Barnsley gave it more of a go last night 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Considering they were at home thought it was a bit of a lame effort. Barnsley gave it more of a go last night 

You're right. I didn't have much hope for Oxford, thought Peterborough would batter them. Nearly got an equaliser towards the end though on a couple of occasions. Nice to watch an exciting finish without having too much pressure whilst watching it.

17 hours ago, mkowl said:

Tuchel is a good manager

Ancolloti is a great manager

One is in the final one isn't based on that decision

And Neuer doing a great impression of someone Scottish

Manuel?  He's from Barcelona!  

😉