The EFL League One Playoff final - MATCH THREAD AND LONG PRE AMBLE

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Message to the fans

DM: “We’ve got a fan setting off from Adelaide; we have got fans cutting holidays short to come back, we’ve got 44,000 there supporting this football club. Thank you.

My message to them is.. keep doing what you’re doing, the sheer passion you show transfers to the players.

The fella from Adelaide is using my season ticket ID seeing as I could not attend.

What dedication. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Call me biased cos I am but absolutely no club in this country would come close to our fans after 22 years of mainly dross. I actually don’t want prem football until the ridiculous financial bubble has burst. 

Where are half the ***** the rest of the season?

There's no disputing we've got a large number of fans who are only interested for the big games and anyone who tried returning tickets for Derby or the 2nd leg is an embarrassment. But if Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa to name a few had been in the third tier three times in 20+ seasons and won fuck all in that time I don't think their average attendances would better ours 

1 hour ago, 1banana2banana said:

Call me biased cos I am but absolutely no club in this country would come close to our fans after 22 years of mainly dross. I actually don’t want prem football until the ridiculous financial bubble has burst. 

Daft second sentence that. I'd rather Wednesday have some of the cash before it pops. We fell out of it before the money came in, be just our luck to get there and its gone.

3 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Daft second sentence that. I'd rather Wednesday have some of the cash before it pops. We fell out of it before the money came in, be just our luck to get there and its gone.

Once the 1800 away allocations, last minute match moves and fighting for 17th settle in that rubbish about money will soon wear off. Don’t wanna see mercenaries at our club like Lingard at Forest etc. 

8 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Once the 1800 away allocations, last minute match moves and fighting for 17th settle in that rubbish about money will soon wear off. Don’t wanna see mercenaries at our club like Lingard at Forest etc. 

This I'd agree with, but unfortunately, the higher up we go... I think we'll see more of them.

13 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Sunderland took more

Whilst we all probably knew an immediate return in2000 was unlikely I doubt many would think we still would’ve been languishing as we have been.

I’ll always be Wednesday and will always be looking for the score but there have been times when I’ve thought what am I doing this for?

Tbh though the lows make the high more sweet.

• Like 1

Dean Windass talks Wednesday at Wembley.

“Wembley was the best moment of my life apart from my lads being born. I was a local lad which made it even more special. My story is different to Josh’s at Sheffield Wednesday but my god it was a great occasion.

“I said to him the other day, ‘You play the game. If you play the occasion you’ll get wrapped up in it and it will pass you by. You have to focus on the 90 minutes of football.’

“I’ve not spoken to Josh this week,” Dean said. “I’ve just text him. He’s doing his thing and getting himself ready and I don’t want to distract him. He’s sorted his tickets out, he’s sorted his family out and he’s done all that that you need to do.

“The text said, ‘I love you, don’t walk off that pitch with any regrets and go get me the winning goal.’ That’s all I put.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Dean Windass talks Wednesday at Wembley.

“Wembley was the best moment of my life apart from my lads being born. I was a local lad which made it even more special. My story is different to Josh’s at Sheffield Wednesday but my god it was a great occasion.

“I said to him the other day, ‘You play the game. If you play the occasion you’ll get wrapped up in it and it will pass you by. You have to focus on the 90 minutes of football.’

“I’ve not spoken to Josh this week,” Dean said. “I’ve just text him. He’s doing his thing and getting himself ready and I don’t want to distract him. He’s sorted his tickets out, he’s sorted his family out and he’s done all that that you need to do.

“The text said, ‘I love you, don’t walk off that pitch with any regrets and go get me the winning goal.’ That’s all I put.

No way Dean could send that text - coherent and no spelling mistakes 

• Haha 4

Coppers closed Nags Head and White Lion about an hour ago, and have just been moving everyone along, taking any opened drinks off people.  Reinforcements waiting round the corner.  Must’ve been 250-300.  Lot of taxpayers money gone on making us go home early.

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

Coppers closed Nags Head and White Lion about an hour ago, and have just been moving everyone along, taking any opened drinks off people.  Reinforcements waiting round the corner.  Must’ve been 250-300.  Lot of taxpayers money gone on making us go home early.

Mistakes made from wednesdayites to be fair 

smart thing to do would have been to dress like Spider Webster and throw paint over the buildings for no reason. Sadiqs woke met mob would have brought you all coffee and sandwiches along with blankets later in the evening. 

london 

what a hole 

• Like 1

I noticed the bloke climbing on top of the phone box and letting off a distress flare seemed to happen about two minutes before the OB decided to close the pubs.   

Should’ve told them he was doing it to shine light on the impact of climate change on the global south…

• Like 1