The EFL League One Playoff final - MATCH THREAD AND LONG PRE AMBLE

8 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Bless you. Just walking around Meadowhall, I live two mins away, its noticeable what a tiny bit of success does, so many Wednesday shirts being worn at present. Love nodding knowingly as I pass 

Still daren’t wear mine in my local in Barnsley, the bitter *****! 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Am sat at home watching Glasto whilst (finally) supping the bottle of nice, chilled Cava I saved after we lost in the playoffs last year.  Very, very pleasant.

Here's to you, Wednesday. After the disappointment you eventually came through.  Thank you: all of you.  Cheers!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Am sat at home watching Glasto whilst (finally) supping the bottle of nice, chilled Cava I saved after we lost in the playoffs last year.  Very, very pleasant.

Here's to you, Wednesday. After the disappointment you eventually came through.  Thank you: all of you.  Cheers!  

Didn’t think guns and roses was your century pal.

On 13/06/2023 at 00:18, Bellsview said:

Still daren’t wear mine in my local in Barnsley, the bitter *****! 

Don’t wear mine in Rotherham although I’ve seen plenty about. Daughter says I’m stupid she wears hers loud and proud she really doesn’t give a fuck to be honest she’s the most ballsy 14 year old I’ve ever known 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌💙💙💙💙

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Winco said:

Didn’t think guns and roses was your century pal.

Arf!  Never seen the full band live, Winco, though I've been to see Slash live 4 times during their nastily estranged years. Once in Sheff, guesting with Smoggies finest, Mr. Paul Rogers. (I loved Free. Literally wore the tee shirt yesterday.)  The other three were all him n his band touring UK as Slash with Miles Kennedy & the Conspirators.  I got 2 of 3 fine albums out of that.  Live they played a good mix of the new stuff and the GNR stuff.  I'm not much of a fan of Axl or his squawky voice - Dylan's 'Knocking on heaven's door', anyone? CDLF idolised Dylan: I never dared mention the GNR version to him!  But he's written some cracking song lyrics, not that I like them all.  Saw 'em on those tours in Sheff, Nottingham n L**ds.  Would have loved to have seen the 'Conspirators' on stage when they had Lzzy Hale on power vocals. Some of those YouTube clips are incredible!

Btw, thoroughly enjoyed much of the Manics gig earlier: real sing along stuff and that Lizzo is some kind of treasure!  Amazing stuff. 

9 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Arf!  Never seen the full band live, Winco, though I've been to see Slash live 4 times during their nastily estranged years. Once in Sheff, guesting with Smoggies finest, Mr. Paul Rogers. (I loved Free. Literally wore the tee shirt yesterday.)  The other three were all him n his band touring UK as Slash with Miles Kennedy & the Conspirators.  I got 2 of 3 fine albums out of that.  Live they played a good mix of the new stuff and the GNR stuff.  I'm not much of a fan of Axl or his squawky voice - Dylan's 'Knocking on heaven's door', anyone? CDLF idolised Dylan: I never dared mention the GNR version to him!  But he's written some cracking song lyrics, not that I like them all.  Saw 'em on those tours in Sheff, Nottingham n L**ds.  Would have loved to have seen the 'Conspirators' on stage when they had Lzzy Hale on power vocals. Some of those YouTube clips are incredible!

Btw, thoroughly enjoyed much of the Manics gig earlier: real sing along stuff and that Lizzo is some kind of treasure!  Amazing stuff. 

The covers on UYI I & II are better than the originals, Fred.

Civil War, November Rain and You Could be Mine are top grade tracks.

The passage of time doesn't do any favours to us all. I guess we can just hide away, but these guys their life was just about going on stage and performing. To them in their head they are still 27

But rather them than flakes like Lewis Capaldi. The equivalent of the fat lad in a Wednesday shirt still bringing his boots thinking he could play centre forward. 

But if you want scary watch the Generation Sex set. I thought Freddie Starr had died but no he is fronting up this lot. Irony not lost that punk arrived to rid the world of the musical dinosaurs 

• Like 1