Playoff 2nd leg……. Will we make a game of it or will it be ****

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Playoff 2nd leg……. Will we make a game of it or will it be ****

Anyway. 
The officials for the game.

Ref: DAVID WEBB
Mark Stevens and Nigel Lugg
Fourth Official : Geoff Eltringham
Reserve AR: Andrew Fox

Mr Webb’s record in the middle this season.

Thursday evening will be his 40th game of the season. And so far he’s shown his yellow card 115 times; and the red… 9 times.

Last time he reffed us…..

Our 1-0 loss away at Preston in Nov 2020. He sent off Josh Windass after just 17 mins. 

That Peterborough team are literally playing for their futures. They will open the game up, rip into us, and come out as 3-1 winners - and we’ll be grateful it was only three.

The gameplan from them is set. Get their front four to get after us, force us to make under mistakes under pressure due to there greater mobility, and take the chances they create.

We will create, no doubt about that, but they will really fancy it tomorrow.

DM 💬 "We dust ourselves down, reset and refocus. We're looking forward to seeing a packed S6. 

"Since I've been out in Sheffield in the last few days, the support I've had in person from fans has been phenomenal and I'm very grateful for that."

DM 💬 "We're a passionate club and that has been evident.

"The support has won us the records we have broken this season." 

DM 💬 "The first thing we need is the performance. The situation is what it is, we have to make sure the performance is right and the mentality is to win the game.

"This has always been the case when we play at home and tomorrow will be the same." 

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

That Peterborough team are literally playing for their futures. They will open the game up, rip into us, and come out as 3-1 winners - and we’ll be grateful it was only three.

The gameplan from them is set. Get their front four to get after us, force us to make under mistakes under pressure due to there greater mobility, and take the chances they create.

Thanks for cheering me up!😂

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

If I was Fergie Jnr I would just send them out to attack us from the off.  They have a decent enough cushion to be able to do this without any real concern. 

I would be targeting our Right Side of defence pinging it into that area and mistakes will come. 

On another note @KrolMong will the match be on Polish TV ?  My colleague is off to Stettin tomorrow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If I was Fergie Jnr I would just send them out to attack us from the off.  They have a decent enough cushion to be able to do this without any real concern. 

I would be targeting our Right Side of defence pinging it into that area and mistakes will come. 

On another note @KrolMong will the match be on Polish TV ?  My colleague is off to Stettin tomorrow.

It is indeed.

But on one of the Polish streaming platforms, if he’s in Szczecin, sports bars will be able to put in on for him. He just needs to find a place that shows ViaPlay.

Theres not many sports bars, but he can try Nowy Browar. I watched a Poland game in there once on a few big screens.

IMG_1171.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It is indeed.

But on one of the Polish streaming platforms, if he’s in Szczecin, sports bars will be able to put in on for him. He just needs to find a place that shows ViaPlay.

Theres not many sports bars, but he can try Nowy Browar. I watched a Poland game in there once on a few big screens.

IMG_1171.png

Even if no match on bar looks cracking.

Just read that 9 of the 10 Citeh outfield players had a shot on target in the first half last night. This is where we need to be.  No pussying about playing square balls across the midfield without a clear purpose and pushing up high all game. 

Might as well go down fighting than meakly submitting if we don't manage to pull off a miracle. 

Anyone know the odds on a Wednesday 6-1 victory tonight? 

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Unless some nameless **** is winding me up, a midfield two of PALMER and BANNAN tonight with Vaulks benched means were fucked.

Stay at home, put repeats of tipoing point or The Chase on

I'll tell the wife 2 turn car round if I hear that line up....

If we could just have the rub of the green they had for their first two and go into the second half a couple of goals up, then who knows?

Of course my head is telling me we are out already, but whilst there’s hope and a possibility of a football miracle happening………..

• Like 1

Would anyone be shocked to hear another of our better players is injured or struggling, not me.

I can’t see it happening but the only way I can see Pboro getting a bit nervous is if we get to 2-0 before halftime, as said previously and they’ve struggled to get any possession.

1 minute ago, Bellsview said:

If we could just have the rub of the green they had for their first two and go into the second half a couple of goals up, then who knows?

Of course my head is telling me we are out already, but whilst there’s hope and a possibility of a football miracle happening………..

Yes. First ever double figure to nil aggregate score in a play off 

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Unless some nameless **** is winding me up, a midfield two of PALMER and BANNAN tonight with Vaulks benched means were fucked.

Stay at home, put repeats of tipoing point or The Chase on

He may as well try something…and that is marginally more likely to work than trying to distract Peterborough by turning up in drag.

Good luck everyone the season might end tonight but at least we have each other on here. 💙💙

Whatever happens happens and I for one will still be there supporting the badge that we all love.

Take care out there what will be will be.

UTO FTB 

• Like 1

If we go out swinging, whilst it won’t excuse what happened between Barnsley away and Bristol Rovers away, and it certainly won’t excuse Fridays shambles, it might soften the blow.

But if we don’t have a go. That’s actually inexcusable. That should lead to terminations of employment in both the playing and coaching side.

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

How long did you spend finding something else to do...

My wife said to me "if you speak to me like that again I'm not taking you to match"

I told the "c*** to feck off"

Right that's it. We're going 2 the game....

• Haha 2