Playoff 2nd leg……. Will we make a game of it or will it be ****

I broke down in tears after that - only the third time SWFC have ever done that to me.

I don’t know what else to post, I’m just so proud and amazed at that comeback. I’d written them off and I questioned not just Moore but the age of the squad etc.

They then turn in a performance like that! 

This is why I love this club! 

• Like 1

Just now, Lee said:

Bottom line here.

Well done Wednesday and Bannans comments post match about DM are class.

The team appears galvanized.

All good

I’m still not convinced, but I will take it. 

brilliant evening. Being touted as possibly the best league game ever 

Fact the best play off game comeback ever. By a long way. 

A couple of pertinent comments by Bannan in the post match interview. He earned the right to say it and the players have shoved the criticism from Friday back in faces.

It was deserved criticism, a lot was pure frustration really and if anything it did serve a purpose in galvanising the fans once a line had been drawn.

• Like 2

So much to say, what an incredible night that can probably never be matched.

Paterson optimised it for me and MOM but all involved deserve it and are history makers. Even the focus before and during the pens was so unlike us. 

Felt if we got a couple early we had a chance but seemed a pipe dream. Peterborough likely to break and score but they wilted for long spells. 

So happy. Job not done though 

• Like 1

Been critical of DM this season, but he deserves massive credit tonight. Had our wing backs high up forcing their full backs back and Palmer in centre mid was the legs we've been missing. Thought we would be knackered after 65 mins, but still found something after conceding in extra time. Can't think of a game I've been to at Hillsborough that comes anywhere near that, especially after how fucked off I was on Friday night 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Some got back in but others didn’t, the call must have gone out to shut the gates 

My boy is 11, be surprised if he ever sees a night to match that again

Everything got ripped up after the first leg, percentage football at its best 

I got out of my seat with 2 mins of injury time to go, stood around for a minute and then ran back to the car. I got into the car park and the roar went up. At first I thought it was the final whilst and them cheering. I could see the scoreboard from there and when the goal flashed up I ran back as fast as I could. The gates were still open. Someone yelled “traitor” or something as I came back in which made me chuckle.  I deserved it. I then had to do the walk of shame past 20 people to my seat. Everyone was taking the piss. It was worth it. 

The best night at Hillsborough for 25 years. Loved it. Just got in and having a beer. 

You cannot fault a single player. They gave everything. I must have said “incredible” and “unbelievable “ to myself 50 times in the car on the way home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

At least Darren Moore’s a better manager than his dad. 😛

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

I don't under this.  

1 hour ago, star said:

Just think who is the dad of the opposition manager tonight

When Palmer's went in, I actually thought to myself, "the kid doesn't seem to have that 'Fergie time' thing quite down yet".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyOwl said:

Well I’ve had worse nights 💙💙💙💙

That was the most Un wednesday game of football I have ever witnessed 

Get the fuck in

nowt to lose now hotel booked we are going to fuckin wemberleeeee

Oi!  I thought you were jumping from the top of the South if we did it?  Call yourself a fan?   

😄

• Haha 1

Unbelievable night.  Moore got it exactly right.  Peterborough are a bit of a pinball team.  Their front three are good but their defence isn’t really up to much.  They let in more goals than Fleetwood this season and only two less than Oxford.  Which made the fact that we’d only managed one against them in three games all the more annoying.  Filling the starting line up with the players most likely to score and getting it forward quickly and putting their ropey defence under pressure was absolutely the right approach.  Ferguson’s half time subs seemed a little defensive.  I think he bottled it a bit.  In the first half both teams had chances, but second half really we battered them.  The energy levels were always going to drop a bit in extra time, given how much energy we’d expended in the press.  Still we scored their goal.  🙄 Fantastic spirit to come back again after that.  I fancied us in the shoot out due to experience and Dawson’s good record.

Beyond that it’s just the smell of the freshly cut grass and the sing song in Hillsborough Tap.  What a night.

• Like 3

Well, I never saw that coming: not in a million years!   As it happens, however, I got home just after midnight and there just happened to be a couple of bottles of Thornbridge's 'The Wednesday' nicely chilled in the fridge.  

Tell you what, though: it's a sod to try and drink beer when you've still got a silly great grin on your mush!  🌝

• Like 2