Dee Dahs v Dingles official match 'fred'

Reesh

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Being the dutiful dad I was at a school concert that night. Managed to get back and turn tv just in time to see the ball break. Took me a second or so to realise it was DiCanio but once I'd twigged, I just knew there was only one outcome. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skamp said:

Being the dutiful dad I was at a school concert that night. Managed to get back and turn tv just in time to see the ball break. Took me a second or so to realise it was DiCanio but once I'd twigged, I just knew there was only one outcome. 

Monday neyt on Sky, was baltic

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

because I love him 😁

Apart from sending me to sleep he's not got a scooby doo what's going on but that doesn't stop him spouting it on YouTube.

I've no problems with fans talking about games, pre and post match. Pub talk is the staple of the match day experience but that would be an interactionary debate. 

What this lad tends to produce is a cod arsed analysis and passes it off as a 'report'. Maybe it's because I get paid to do this properly but it gets on my wick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Apart from sending me to sleep he's not got a scooby doo what's going on but that doesn't stop him spouting it on YouTube.

I've no problems with fans talking about games, pre and post match. Pub talk is the staple of the match day experience but that would be an interactionary debate. 

What this lad tends to produce is a cod arsed analysis and passes it off as a 'report'. Maybe it's because I get paid to do this properly but it gets on my wick

You got me curious, so I listened.

He doesn’t really say anything to get anyone excited one way or the other imo.

Very basic analysis, so I am not quite sure why it’s a thing.

One thing I would like your opinion on (this thread isn’t the right place, so I’ll start a new thread) is the step up from Under 23s to first team football that he mentions at the start.

The culture change from pub topics and face to face opinion debates after games since social media exploded has given every **** with WiFi the belief they have a fucking clue.

I abhor the podcasts put out by Wednesday fans cos they are mainly utter tripe and ego boosting nonsense.

I, however arrogant it appears, believe I have a very good knowledge on football,  perhaps not to Tys level or even KrolMong but I think I know my onions and I wouldn’t think of doing owt like that cos at the end of the day I'm a middle aged bloke who hasn't any experience in professional football barring 2 weeks work experience back in 1996.

It's a look at me culture.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The culture change from pub topics and face to face opinion debates after games since social media exploded has given every **** with WiFi the belief they have a fucking clue.

I abhor the podcasts put out by Wednesday fans cos they are mainly utter tripe and ego boosting nonsense.

I, however arrogant it appears, believe I have a very good knowledge on football,  perhaps not to Tys level or even KrolMong but I think I know my onions and I wouldn’t think of doing owt like that cos at the end of the day I'm a middle aged bloke who hasn't any experience in professional football barring 2 weeks work experience back in 1996.

You should do a podcast preview of the next papa johns trophy game that would be short but hilarious.

”So tonight we are at home in the shit no mark cup and I don’t give one so end of podcast” 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I believe that social media are a great tool for "forgotten clubs" like ours.  As we all know, the TV channels are only interested in the Premiere League or Champions League. The Youtube vloggers, Podcasts, Twitter and Forums give us, who live outside of Sheffield, the opportunity to listen to the views of other owls.

I haven't got much knowledge about football and therefore I do love listening to other peoples opinions. That's one of the reasons, why I am on Owlsonline as well, I love to hear, which line-upe other people would prefer, I love to hear, what your expectations are regarding the game. I am eager to hear, how other people judge certain players, etc., etc.

What I love about SheffCam is, that he comes across as a nice level-headed geezer, who does not put our manager or team down, but who is looking for explanations for bad or good performances. Did you see his video about the pitch, which gave him some reputation? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I agree with the look at me culture and a lot are in it through sheer vanity, I haven't listened to any Wednesday podcast either. But I have also heard a load of bollocks in pubs too before and after games. 

But I miss that pub atmosphere for sure. As more of a listener, a few jars and some interesting conversations despite the odd idiot is a lot more fun than some over edited nonsense that some of the 'vloggers' put out. 

Why have we assembled such good players only to play so utterly negatively. They're playing the aggressive, wide press every opponent plays at S6 and we haven't a clue what to do. We're totally predictable and should be mixing it up. Barnsley have played simple, effective football, deserve the lead and we've got players who've completely lost their confidence. I saw Johnson opening his arms wide to our bench