Dee Dahs v Dingles official match 'fred'

Reesh

I’m actually back for this one and bringing a Pole and Argentinian with me for their first ever Wednesday game. The Argentinian fella is a Boca fan, and a still a season ticket holder at Boca. Seen Maradona live too. I’ve told him that Maradona is a poor man’s Barry Bannan.

The polish fella supports Zawisza’s rivals, Elana Toruń. Basically, I could play for Elana to give you an idea of the quality. So Wednesday is going to be a significant step-up.

Would love to be top of League One at 5pm on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

By the age of seven I could already speak three languages: The Queen's English; our traditional 'Thee and Thar' and - essential when communicating with the thick ones in the playground - 'Dee n Dar'.   All part of Sheffield's rich heritage. 

Didn't you speak Latin like the rest of the class?

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

So, who is going to win the raffle to be in the squad on Saturday?

Stockdale

Palmer/ Iorfa / Ihekwa / McGuiness/ Johnson 

Byers/ Bakinson/ Bannan 

Gregory/ Windass

Subs: Dawson/ Wilks/ Smith/ Dele-Bashiru/ J Hunt/ Adeniran / Mighten

Just a minor tweak on the bench but I agree with the starting 11.

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

So, who is going to win the raffle to be in the squad on Saturday?

Stockdale

Palmer/ Iorfa / Ihekwa / McGuiness/ Johnson 

Byers/ Bakinson/ Bannan 

Gregory/ Windass

Subs: Dawson/ Wilks/ Smith/ Dele-Bashiru/ J Hunt/ Patterson

Wouldn’t say there’s much of a raffle. Can anyone see anything other than same 11 as last Saturday unless there’s an injury or illness? First time for a long while that there’s been no argument on team selection. Subs a bit more difficult. I guess we’ll go with seven of them though.

13 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Well, FWIW here's my team for tomorrow. I did have a quick look round for Don Hewsons squad but can't spot it anywhere.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 23.55.49.png

Can't see Mighten being risked at LWB after under a week training with the squad.

For me

1719776982_WednesdayvDingles_.thumb.png.e2206f40e17c87f584855b46451a1658.png

Bench

Dawson, Smith, Wilks, Hunt, Mighten, Vaulks, Pato

4 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Someone scratched his face off the large squad photo on the wall in the exec suite 😂😂😂

It's a weird hatred the smaller local clubs have.

For years I wanted them all to do well, granted I was blinded by our top flight status but since that 2000 relegation I've seen the absolute venom and loathing fans of those clubs hold for us, fuck the lot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reesh said:

It's a weird hatred the smaller local clubs have.

For years I wanted them all to do well, granted I was blinded by our top flight status but since that 2000 relegation I've seen the absolute venom and loathing fans of those clubs hold for us, fuck the lot.

Exactly this even some old Rotherham scroat in a snide stoney cardigan had a pop at us in the local shop other day after talking to the kid behind the counter about how well they were doing, suprised a few people, beat reading 4-0, everyone tipped us for bottom blah blah 

Ended the conversation on his way out with “As long as Wednesday dip”

I just had to say summat as he scampered off 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Exactly this even some old Rotherham scroat in a snide stoney cardigan had a pop at us in the local shop other day after talking to the kid behind the counter about how well they were doing, suprised a few people, beat reading 4-0, everyone tipped us for bottom blah blah 

Ended the conversation on his way out with “As long as Wednesday dip”

I just had to say summat as he scampered off 🙄🙄🙄

Its cos of folks like you they hate us intit, they can't get past someone from Rotherham not supporting t'Millers.

Wednesday used to be a god send cash flow wise for them and Chesterfield with the annual pre season games at their places.