Dee Dahs v Dingles official match 'fred'

Reesh

Thing is though I was as frustrated as anyone else. Travelled the usual 250 mile round trip, took my lad up to his first game since lockdown really hoping they could put on a show to give him the buzz back. And had to sit and watch that.

But I sat there and took my medicine. No boos, no slagging off the players. I know we’re all wired differently but it does seem like, when things aren’t so good, some people can’t handle it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Thing is though I was as frustrated as anyone else. Travelled the usual 250 mile round trip, took my lad up to his first game since lockdown really hoping they could put on a show to give him the buzz back. And had to sit and watch that.

But I sat there and took my medicine. No boos, no slagging off the players. I know we’re all wired differently but it does seem like, when things aren’t so good, some people can’t handle it. 

I am being more selective about the games I attend, SWFC to revolve around life, not life revolve around SWFC. But having done the same round trip mileage to see such an insipid display was frustrating. The day it stops hurting will be the day I stop going though. Yes you take the medication, part of that was sitting elsewhere and had the joy of 2 chaps behind doing a running commentary throughout that made me long for Jamie Carragher instead, they spoke utter drivel. 

It was a game where I think valid criticism of Moore's abilities came to the fore. The stick to Plan A, the inability to change in game what he clearly sees. The players were out fought, they take that blame. Moore was out thought again and he needs to appreciate his own failings 

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I am being more selective about the games I attend, SWFC to revolve around life, not life revolve around SWFC. But having done the same round trip mileage to see such an insipid display was frustrating. The day it stops hurting will be the day I stop going though. Yes you take the medication, part of that was sitting elsewhere and had the joy of 2 chaps behind doing a running commentary throughout that made me long for Jamie Carragher instead, they spoke utter drivel. 

It was a game where I think valid criticism of Moore's abilities came to the fore. The stick to Plan A, the inability to change in game what he clearly sees. The players were out fought, they take that blame. Moore was out thought again and he needs to appreciate his own failings 

To be fair I think there was a plan B but it seemed to be throw on as many attackers as possible and abandon any form of tactics or formation. 

5 minutes ago, Chelters said:

To be fair I think there was a plan B but it seemed to be throw on as many attackers as possible and abandon any form of tactics or formation. 

Sponsored by Baldrick that plan sadly.

I actually thought even at 2 down that if we got one back we could have salvaged something due to the subs. But as you say they came on to no plan of how to do that.

A key difference yesterday was that plenty of teams come to Hillsborough and can do the frustration part. What Barnsley did was not only that but also put our defence under proper pressure. 

One thing I will say is that, having seen Cheltenham play a few times under Duff, he is a very good coach. 
However I saw him have exactly the same ‘no plan B’ issues with them in League Two when they were near the top. And we did the same to MK Dons earlier in the season. 
Not sure what my point is really except maybe that almost every good manager will sometimes appear to be out thought, just need to make sure it doesn’t happen too many times. 

31 minutes ago, Chelters said:

One thing I will say is that, having seen Cheltenham play a few times under Duff, he is a very good coach. 
However I saw him have exactly the same ‘no plan B’ issues with them in League Two when they were near the top. And we did the same to MK Dons earlier in the season. 
Not sure what my point is really except maybe that almost every good manager will sometimes appear to be out thought, just need to make sure it doesn’t happen too many times. 

A fucking amoeba can out think that Bible bashing nobhead in charge at ours

9 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Sponsored by Baldrick that plan sadly.

I actually thought even at 2 down that if we got one back we could have salvaged something due to the subs. But as you say they came on to no plan of how to do that.

A key difference yesterday was that plenty of teams come to Hillsborough and can do the frustration part. What Barnsley did was not only that but also put our defence under proper pressure. 

We looked normal for the first five minutes but for the next ten they absolutely swarmed our South Stand / Lep corner and we simply couldn't get the ball: just booting it away or ending up with one player with the ball trying to break against several. 

It was so bad later in the half that our 'keeper was time wasting for minutes with his boot, Wycombe style. Trying to break Dingle momentum. That says it all.  

4 hours ago, Chelters said:

If he doesn't introduce more flexibility into this playing it out every single time, which every single visiting team knows we're going to do, then you and me would out think him. 

I've seen in the past certain teams with a huge throw in play to win attacking throw ins. It won't be long if he doesn't vary things until teams now  start playing to give us goal kicks!  

My first live game this season, with two non English guests, and we served that up.

We have to give Barnsley credit, they went after us, but I was quite shocked by the players sticking to an approach that was not working. Yes, the coach can make a change, but the players kept going short instead of bypassing the press. That said, Moore got them in at half time and didn’t tell them to do any different. So the players didn’t take responsibility and neither did the coach at half time.

We had issues down our right, Johnson struggled with the press all day. But I think a few were not at it. Byers had his worst game (he didn’t want the ball), Gregory had his worst game (he got bullied, his touch and timing were off). Windass was poor (he seemed flat and lacking energy). Bakinson was poor (they went after him on his first touch). When so many good players play badly, it’s an issue.

It did improve when Smith came on as we went longer, but the lack of mobility in our midfield was apparent. If I was changing it, I’d have gone with Mighten for Johnson, Vaulks for Bakinson, Wilkes for Byers. I’d have moved Bannan alongside of Vaulks and played Windass in Bannans position, and then had Smith and Wilkes up top. I’d have pushed the wing backs 20 yards further up the pitch.

Jury is out on Moore again, but… he was let down by some of his players, but, he didn’t make the right changes to impact the game and that’s becoming a problem.

I’d be making a lot of changes for Plymouth, the squad is big enough and good enough to drop people after poor performances.

• Like 1