How much time do you give Moore?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• See after 10 games
    • End of October
    • Get Rid
    • Christmas at least

Just now, Laceups said:

At least end of October. Fuck me we’ve lost a game against a decent side and had 10 men for a lot of it.

We’ll be top 4 most of the season IMO and we need to back the fella unless we are out of top six come November.

It's not a reactionary poll from me Kev, it's manifested since Plymouth away last Sept but he got us in the play offs but for me that was still underpar and I could go in depth as to why.

I think 10 games is when you see the league take shape that is rarely unchanged and we have to be involved and settled team selection wise or it could be another wasted season.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

It's not a reactionary poll from me Kev, it's manifested since Plymouth away last Sept but he got us in the play offs but for me that was still underpar and I could go in depth as to why.

I think 10 games is when you see the league take shape that is rarely unchanged and we have to be involved and settled team selection wise or it could be another wasted season.

Totally get it mate. I’m unconvinced by DM but I do like him and I think we should be careful what we wish for because we’re not as bigger draw as we once was.

I genuinely hope it works out for him but he will never be good enough to take us to challenging for promotion back to the Prem.

I’m not even sure I want us back there given the gulf that’s been created but I always want the best for our club.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

And if we put it about that Lee Bowyers being lined up for the job, them players might start turning a spanner.😀

Ffs never let that man near this club.

Same as Colin, Alex O’Neil and any other fucking shit house. I gave Monk an opportunity and Pulis for that matter but we are a club with integrity and these dirty snakes do not fit well in a club of honest working folk.

• Haha 1

It's a bit who knows from me as it's DC who pulls the trigger. Given the options I'd go ten games but then if he loses the next 3 likely trigger pulled. As others have said it's about keeping in touch of autos. With the squad we have and, this is the key, baring injuries we should be up there.

Nice bloke and all that but my gut feeling is that he is neither ruthless or tactically aware enough.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

I just don't think he's the man to take us forward. I reckon most managers could get this lot top 6, and that's the least we expect. 

But he isn't going anywhere soon. 

Most managers probably wouldn’t have been able to assemble the squad he has. He’s a big part of why we’ve got the players. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Most managers probably wouldn’t have been able to assemble the squad he has. He’s a big part of why we’ve got the players. 

It's almost like h£ has som£thing to off£r the play£rs that the oth£r manag£rs in this leagu£ don't hav£.

5 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

It's almost like h£ has som£thing to off£r the play£rs that the oth£r manag£rs in this leagu£ don't hav£.

He attracted players who had offers in the Championship which I suspect would have paid them the same or more and, as Owling says, last season we were restricted as to what we could spend. 

• Like 1

This Wednesday attitude of ‘ as long as we are there or there abouts come Christmas’ etc. ffs with this squad it should be ‘as long as we are 6 points clear at the top by Christmas. 
not winning the league with this squad in this league would be an absolute disaster and shambles. It’s amazing how many people just accept mediocrity and that’s part of the reason we’ve been where we are for so long. Not ruthless enough as a club. 
win today or go. One loss so far I get, but anyone with eyes can see how lucky we have been to get the wins we have on the board 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These are the squad values according to transfermarkt.com.   I wouldn't swap teams with anybody, but I also don't thing that this table suggests any real advantage.

Most likely it will come down to performance on the day and consistancy 

image.png.66b557ca11c108451e19ccc99bd46ea5.png

Many other teams have 5 to 6 m€, which will be an disadvantage.

Without checking, which of the top ten squads do you think is us???

26 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

These are the squad values according to transfermarkt.com.   I wouldn't swap teams with anybody, but I also don't thing that this table suggests any real advantage.

Most likely it will come down to performance on the day and consistancy 

image.png.66b557ca11c108451e19ccc99bd46ea5.png

Many other teams have 5 to 6 m€, which will be an disadvantage.

Without checking, which of the top ten squads do you think is us???

It’s a good point and I suppose on numbers alone my point doesn’t stand up. 
what I will say is, which one of our players in ANY position wouldn’t walk straight into any of their squads? We have underperformed but from what I see it’s more related to tactical decisions than a lack of individual quality. Lots of managers would be licking their lips having the squad we have in league 1 

4 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

It’s a good point and I suppose on numbers alone my point doesn’t stand up. 
what I will say is, which one of our players in ANY position wouldn’t walk straight into any of their squads? We have underperformed but from what I see it’s more related to tactical decisions than a lack of individual quality. Lots of managers would be licking their lips having the squad we have in league 1 

I do agree with you that your squad should be good enough to win the league or at least achieve automatics.
And I still believe that we will.

The difference between the two of us is that I do believe that DM will take us there and that I don't believe that we will be able to get any manager, who is better than DM.

I don't like Moore's lineup, I don't like his substitution strategy and tactics. However, I just don't have his knowledge, so I guess that he's right and I am wrong.

But apart from that, a manager's job is not only these things. For me the motivation of the squad, creating a good culture at the club, bringing in good players, etc, etc., etc. are also important jobs of a manager. Moreover it is essential for an successful club to have some consistancy and lay a foundation to built something exciting. That's what Moore is great at and I believe that a change of manager would destroy all of that and set us back to zero and put us back to the downward spiral.

Currently we are on our way up - I'm not worried about the speed. For me the important thing is that we are improving that we are getting promotion this season and that we do this with a stable club, who will succeed in the Championship and above. We won't get that, if we don't allow some consistancy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Germanbird said:

I do agree with you that your squad should be good enough to win the league or at least achieve automatics.

The difference between the two of us is that I do believe that DM will take us there and that I don't believe that we will be able to get any manager, who is better than DM.

I don't like Moore's lineup, I don't like his substitution strategy and tactics. However, I just don't have his knowledge, so I guess that he's right and I am wrong.

But apart from that, a manager's job is not only these things. For me the motivation of the squad, creating a good culture at the club, bringing in good players, etc, etc., etc. are also important jobs of a manager. Moreover it is essential for an successful club to have some consistancy and lay a foundation to built something exciting. That's what Moore is great at and I believe that a change of manager would destroy all of that and set us back to zero and put us back to the downward spiral.

Currently we are on our way up - I'm not worried about the speed. For me the important thing is that we are improving that we are getting promotion this season and that we do this with a stable club, who will succeed in the Championship and above. We won't get that, if we don't allow some consistancy.

Agree with the majority of that. Ultimately promotion is an absolute must this season and playoffs or lower will be an underachievement. The poor start cost us last season and if we aren’t top 2/3 after 10 games I think the writing is on the wall.
I really like Darren Moore and it’s obvious players do too, so I hope he does succeed. Results business however   

• Like 2

After what happened at Peterborough I want him gone now. That Byers substitution was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I’ve run out of patience and I no longer have any confidence in his ability to take us forward.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt he will.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

Consistency, I’ll agree with; I think there’s a real positive to this.

However, the latter point, I’m not 100% on board with. 
I’ll definitely agree Moore has built a squad of talented players here, but he’s not yet brought anything exciting in terms of success and neither has he at any of the clubs he’s managed. 
I really hope he bucks that trend with us

1 hour ago, 1banana2banana said:

Agree 

but which one of those 4/5 teams would you swap squads with? 

None. But that's the point. Yes it's early days and we've only lost 1 but it's the way we're going about it. I think we'll get turned over today,  but, while I don't think he's the man for us, he will get say another 10 games. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong 

Along with most other posts when seeing the team

I do like the way you always make it personal.

FYI I stopped doing similar months ago, and spoke with MPB about doing the same when I heard your old man was struggling, but you carried on and on and on.

Enjoy your weekend Neville

• Like 1

End of October for me.  Given squad depth, and Moore’s tendency to use his whole squad, and be mindful of minutes on the pitch, we are likely to be better in the second half of the season. That was how it went last season.  The reason we didn’t get automatic was we left ourselves too much to do after results before Christmas, particularly that run in September and October which was 12 points from 10 games or something.  Any repeat of that and we’ve got to get rid while there’s still enough games left for the new guy to turn it around.  I don’t think it’ll happen though, the keeper and at least some of the back three look much more convincing.  You fancy us to hang onto leads this season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Where we are and who we've played so far, (not to mention the bonkers red card), all suggest that any opting for the 'Now' option, (if that's what it said), are somewhat premature. 

That’s part of the issue though. After today’s result it’s hard to argue he should go, but then the next match we may well go back to type and play well below today’s standard, set up in a manner none of us can work out, with players dropped for inexplicable reasons. 

8 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Eh, how is that personal? Just highlighting you was wrong, again.

I'm not the one that threatens to take peoples heads off, you'll i'll argue i called you a bellend but that's how you come across on here and i know there is some irony in that but the difference is i accept it

Cheers, you too 

'were' not was...and as the vast majority of posters tended to agree when seeing the team selection to single my post out is making it personal.

And didn't you threaten MPB is a similar manner in the past?

Edited by Andyben

I’ve gone for Christmas, just think DC won’t pull the trigger any earlier.

I think we’ll have a good idea how we compare to the likely contenders by the end of September, ie we will have played Pboro (I don’t think they were that great until the red), Ipswich (look much better), Wycombe, Portsmouth, Plymouth, MK and Dingles.

Derby might be up there but I somehow think they will have a similar season to the one we had last term.

I'm hoping we don't have to. I like DM but he seems to lack the edge for getting gritty results and dithers with his subs and random starting 11. Has plus points as all the players have said it was Moore that attracted them to the club, they're never gonna say it was the $$ though.

I'd say Christmas if we're not in touching distance but DC takes too long to change and who knows what random we'd get in to replace him.

Want him to succeed but accepting mediocrity has got us where we are.

57 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Want him to succeed but accepting mediocrity has got us where we are.

I have to disagree with this. I rather believe that lack of continuity has got us where we are. We tried to buy success instead of building it and we changed managers like other people change their underwear.

1 minute ago, Germanbird said:

I have to disagree with this. I rather believe that lack of continuity has got us where we are. We tried to buy success instead of building it and we changed managers like other people change their underwear.

That is frankly utter fucking bollocks.

2 hours ago, LiamOwl said:

That’s lovely and all but I’m not sure anyone is saying he isn’t a nice guy? He’s a lovely bloke and clearly has something about him with the amount of players who we sign purely based on him being here. 

what that doesn’t change and in my opinion never will change, is the fact that tactically he is below average. The quality of this squad may well carry him through this season who knows… eventually though it will catch up with him. 

• Like 1