How much time do you give Moore?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• See after 10 games
    • End of October
    • Get Rid
    • Christmas at least

45 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

I don’t think anybody thinks him spending some time talking to a kid is a reflection of his ability as a manager of professional footballers. 

Nice thing that he didn’t have to do though, that’s all. 

It's like the Liam Palmer thing, nice guy an all that but we need winners and proper ability, not just sticking around the place to be legend Bullens

I read a lot about players wanting to sign for him, and it’s clear that he has attracted some good players to the club.

But why do they want to play for him?

Is it:

1) Because he’s a hard task master, disciplinarian, kicks them up the arse if they don’t pull their weight and runs them into the ground, a la Howard Wilkinson? 

OR

2) Because he’s a nice bloke who goes easy on players, puts an arm around them and is happy at getting 80-90% out of them?

One thing I will say about Wednesday sides of the last few years, is that we’ve had talented squads and individual players with a lot of ability, but we haven’t had the collective toughness, will to win or mental attitude of a Wilko side, and whilst I blame previous manager’s more than anyone or anything else for our mediocrity, I think that’s a further reason as to why we haven’t progressed on the field.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I read a lot about players wanting to sign for him, and it’s clear that he has attracted some good players to the club.

Is it:

1) Because he’s a hard task master, disciplinarian, kicks them up the arse if they don’t pull their weight and runs them into the ground, a la Howard Wilkinson? 

OR

2) Because he’s a nice bloke who goes easy on players, puts an arm around them and is happy at getting 80-90% out of them?

One thing I will say about Wednesday sides of the last few years, is that we’ve had talented squads and individual players with a lot of ability, but we haven’t had the collective toughness, will to win or mental attitude of a Wilko side, and whilst I blame previous manager’s more than anyone or anything else for our mediocrity, I think that’s a further reason as to why we haven’t progressed on the field.

I don't think that Moore is easy on players only because he doesn't put them down in front of the camera.  Do you have any insider knowledge about his management style or are you just guessing?

He seems to have fixed the problems - which we had under other managers - that we wouldn't win when the other team scored first. We show so much more mental strength on the field than we did previously. Nowadays I'm not worried, if the other team scores first, as I know that we do have the mentality to catch up.

Just now, Germanbird said:

Do you have any insider knowledge about his management style or are you just guessing?

I have an opinion - and I’ve seen enough to question the mental toughness and attitude of some players, including their will to win.

Watch the play-off games v Sunderland again, if you want to see a prime example of what I mean.

3 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Is it:

OR

Good post, Bells. For the past 20 years, IMO, we havent had the nasty streak and mental toughness. I think that has really been missing. We were close with Luggy, but I am not sure about other managers installing that attitude 

28 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Good post, Bells. For the past 20 years, IMO, we havent had the nasty streak and mental toughness. I think that has really been missing. We were close with Luggy, but I am not sure about other managers installing that attitude 

Megson had it too, I don't think you necessarily need to have it if you're a half way competent manager.

• Like 1

Moore’s strengths undoubtedly lie as a squad builder and man manager.  I don’t think any of us believe that he’s a tactical genius, or that he always make the right subs at the right time.  The recruitment has improved though.  We’re not just signing whoever’s available and then trying to figure out how to use them.  And it is blindingly obvious that the team spirit is good.  He’s never come close to “losing” the dressing room.  I’ve seen no stories about training ground bust ups and senior pros being sent to train with the kids.  He’ll do for now.

• Like 1