Owls vs. Addicks Matchday thread

At 2 pm, DM's press conference will be live on youtube  :  http://bit.ly/1vxUYNs

image.png.79a5adc654f8ee007cf034851c067ca2.pngvs image.png.7db88c97bda243e4b25d6c2c3e787781.png

Wednesday v Charlton Athletic
Saturday 13 August 2022 – 3:00pm kick off
SkyBet EFL League One

This is a category A game. Ticket prices start from just £23 for Adult Owls Members and £5 for under 11 members in the Kop.

Tickets are on sale now to Season Ticket holders and Owls Members and will go on general sale on Monday 25 July.

Tickets are available to purchase in person at the Ticket Office, over the phone on 03700 201867 (Option 1, £2 booking fee per ticket) or online

Bet365  odds:   image.png.1b68433d50707d856766395a0448ef46.png

Current league position:

image.png.1ef7ed441874245d9ab0aab2f0abb9a0.png

Last season Charlton finished on 13th place with 59 points.

Previous results:

2:0   Owls-Charlton 22.02.2022   (Byers, Pato)
0:0   Charlton-Owls 07.08.2021  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

That's correct, and it always looked a fragile lead until Bannan went off and Byers came on. We looked considerably better after the switch.

Stockdale.

Palmer.

Heneghan.

Ihiekwe.

James.

Windass.

Byers.

Dele-Bashiru.

Bannan.

Johnson.

Gregory.

That's my team. But he'll go with IMO,

Stockdale.

Iorfa

Heneghan

Ihiekwe

Hunt

Vaulks

Dele Bashiru

Bannan

Johnson

Windass

Gregory.

I think he’ll start with Palmer or James at LCB and bench Iorfa. As Byers started midweek, maybe Vaulks will get the nod. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reesh said:

Our first league win of the season came with Byers sat on the bench

9 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

That's correct, and it always looked a fragile lead until Bannan went off and Byers came on. We looked considerably better after the switch.

Nail on the head PP, but perhaps not quite what you meant.

Season starts proper for me today.

The Portsmouth game was a bit dull weather-wise. Didn't feel like it was the curtain rasier it should've been. But today should be a great day at Hillsborough.

Sunshine, beers, that FanZone open with decent weather. Get the voices lubricated, lets have a laugh and make a cracking atmosphere.

Even more so if we smash Charlton with a goal blitz.

I feel it in the water. 4-0 to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Internet said:

The Portsmouth game was a bit dull weather-wise. Didn't feel like it was the curtain rasier it should've been. But today should be a great day at Hillsborough.

Sunshine, beers, that FanZone open with decent weather. Get the voices lubricated, lets have a laugh and make a cracking atmosphere.

Hahaha the sunshine thing, I’ve just said the same to my lad. It should be sunny the first game of the season, and it wasn’t although it was warm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Internet said:

I agree. Plus we’ve had a few games to get going, so we should be at it. One of those days where you need to get hold of the ball and make the opposition do all the running. It’ll be hot out there. 

Think I’ll pay the Fanzone a visit too. 

Any kind of win will be good today. Its going to be horrendously warm to play football in. Id take a 1-0 win now, not that I dont want more, but we wont be worried about the score of this game by the time April rolls around, just that we got 3pts.

I can see DM being careful with LG/ JW, either having them on the bench to bring on if we need some help or simply not putting them in the squad. We need LGs goals and that of Smith for the season not just for the first month.

The midfield is a tricky one. Id personally go with Byers, Dele-Bahsiru and Vaulks but DM will play Bannan. I can see him swapping some or all of them though during the game. Id also be thinking about how he can shuffle the pack for the wing backs, they have to do some running in every game and Hunt and Johnson arent the youngest.

Its winnable and we should win but Im just a bit concerned about how settled the back 3 are and changing the strikers all the time. 

Changer for me was brining Sow on. Having Windass as the number 10 with 2 strikers ahead of him, we really did look dangerous. Think we got the goal with that change as well

Great cross and great positioning by Bakinson who did that a few times I saw. Sow was a bit unlucky not to score with the block from Clare

Special thanks to Charlton to joining the Milton Keynes club. 1-0 down in injury time, yet it was more important to have possession in your own half rather than lumping it forward chasing the equaliser. Strange