Owls vs. Addicks Matchday thread

Just now, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’m not fussed either way on Moore, some things I like and other parts of him frustrate me. 

I just thought it a bit reactionary to say you’re not going for not playing Adeniran when he’s clearly just managing him to full reintegration 

Im

not going cause it’s fucking boring when it doesn’t need to be 

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

He was like that at MK when Fizz broke through but shot at the keeper. Ironically he was the one wasting attacks by blazing over from miles out yesterday, twice when we'd got men in the box.  He was like another player after the change of position, (thankfully!)  

Windass was trying too hard IMO early on, well, certainly until the changes were made. It was like he was trying to do it on his own. 

However, as the game went on; the more mobile side we had, the better he became.

10 hours ago, JBO said:

That incident when Palmer cleared off the line

We got away with one as Stockdale clearly handled a back pass, none of their players seemed to appeal

A bloke near me reckoned that the ref acknowledged it, and had played advantage as the ball fell to their player.

Not so sure myself, think the ref just got it wrong. As you say though it was a bit odd that they didn’t complain about it.

11 minutes ago, cheat said:

A bloke near me reckoned that the ref acknowledged it, and had played advantage as the ball fell to their player.

Not so sure myself, think the ref just got it wrong. As you say though it was a bit odd that they didn’t complain about it.

He did, we all saw it where I was sat. Dunno what advantage he was referring to, but that's definitely what he signalled

19 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

He did, we all saw it where I was sat. Dunno what advantage he was referring to, but that's definitely what he signalled

Fair enough, I was too busy watching the ball.

I suppose the fact that they did get a shot away must have been his thinking.

This advantage stuff is bollocks

The number of times we could have a free kick given and get the ball into the box is far more advantageous then the ref letting play carry on just because we've still got the ball and it's obvious we have nowhere to go with it

I think they just love everyone looking at them and they can make that "advantage" arm signal for 5 seconds

They love it even more when they get to run at least 50 yards to give the keeper the ball after a stoppage - that's 30 seconds that is never added on - hey why not stand with the keeper during the stoppage?

Edited by HarrySpeakup

Are there any rules about the ref “dropping” the ball close to the keeper after a relevant stoppage?

If the ref is, for example, in the centre circle, holding the ball, couldn’t he just throw it to the keeper, thus saving those 30 seconds?
(Any forward trying to intercept the throw gets booked for unsporting behaviour).

If the ref has the ball in the centre and throws it back to wherever the restart is to be taken then it's 'time stopped' anyway so should be added on. 

To the letter of the law officials are supposed to remain neutral and not play the ball in any way. If the team with the restart time waste by not putting the ball in place then cards are supposed to appear. 

Sunday league refs have always kicked/thrown the ball in the general direction but today's professionals don't want to run the risk of ridicule by slicing the ball into the crowd so pick the ball up and place it.