The MK Owl Derby. Preview / Match Thread..

22 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Match day looking nice and sunny here in Bucks. 

Pass me a Stella 🙌🙌🙌🙌 

come on you blue and white wizards.

We’re on our way we’re on our way 🙌🙌🙌

Yellllllllowwwwwwsssss

Yellllllllowwwwwwwssss

36 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Match day looking nice and sunny here in Bucks. 

Let’s hope it’s a great day out. Last weekend was miserable, weather wise so I’d like a second chance at that opening day of the season feeling. 

I just hope we perform like we did here last season. Dele-Bashiru was an absolute beast that day. 

Shocking journey down. Pile-up in front on M1, M6, A14 junction. Long queue.

Then long queue for roadworks at J15 where we took A508(?).  Only got to ground in car after 2pm. Snided. Drove away, found a spot and got in for 2.30.  Not a patch on last time.

Hope it's worth the shit. 

• Haha 1

Palmer's in because he's more defensive minded than Hunt. DM has shit himself cos Iorfa got found out from deep crosses so has got rid of Hunt and Iorfa instead of dropping Johnson for Smith.

And if we start/switch to a true 4-3-3 at any point today I'll put £100 in the OO site fund 

• Haha 1

Marvellous skill late on by Fizz. I hope we don't regret the outcome, though. Broke into the box and dribbled round / dodged a couple of tackles before blasting straight at keeper from fairly close in. Windass close in at far post unmarked for a tap in. Just wanted sliding sideways.

Hard to criticise the lad after last week but that could be a big miss. Windass punching air in frustration. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf

It was a good job we played a side that must not have realised they were losing. The game was just like Ipswich away last season. Also, I think their scouts must have gone missing given the non existant balls into the box that cause us all sorts of problems. 

The idea is in football, you have to score to win or draw. If Wednesday played like they did the last 20 minutes, whilst trailing - there'd be riots. 

Other sides will punish us for that second half performance today. We were lucky we faced a side I wish I put money on being near the relegation zone after watching that

• Like 1

Just got back, result better than the performance, but it was ruddy hot and I can imagine on the pitch it was even hotter.

Again started well, restricted MK to not much in the first half. They dominated the ball in the 2nd like they can, we seemed happy to let them.

After the criticism of Stockdale last week only fair he gets credit for the saves this.

Another 4 yellows today for not a lot, very inconsistent on giving fouls against us 

• Like 1

Comfortable first half, could have been 2 up.

The second half performance was mainly due to having no one to hold the ball up front. Gregory or Smith in and it would have been different.

Stockdale was excellent, Heneghan also a lot better, Ihiekwe and Palmer both decent as well.

What a player Fizz is turning into