The MK Owl Derby. Preview / Match Thread..

I'm looking forward to this game.

My prediction:  1:3 for the Owls

Attendance in April was 14.252; we sold our full allocatgion (6548 tickets) again, so I expect around 12.500 tomorrow

In April  (2:3 for the Owls), the teams played the following starting eleven:
Owls: BPF, Palmer, Dean, Storey, Johnson, FDB, Bannan, Byers, Hunt, Gregory, Berahino 
Dons: Cumming, O'Hora, Darling, Lewington, Kessler-Hayden, Coventry, McEachran, Harvie, Parrott, Eisa, Twine

As it stands, the Dons won't have much of the previous season's lineup available. (red - gone; orange - booked or injured)

I hope we'll line up as follows:

Dawson or Stockdale (I don't mind)
Ihiekwe , Hennigan, Famewo
Hunt, Bannan, Byers, Vaulkes, Johnson
Smith, Windass

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

Attendance in April was 14.252; we sold our full allocatgion (6548 tickets) again, so I expect around 12.500 tomorrow

Owls: BPF, Palmer, Dean, Storey, Johnson, FDB, Bannan, Byers, Hunt, Gregory, Berahino 
Dons: Cumming, O'Hora, Darling, Lewington, Kessler-Hayden, Coventry, McEachran, Harvie, Parrott, Eisa, Twine

As it stands, the Dons won't have much of the previous season's lineup available. (red - gone; orange - booked or injured)

Smith, Windass

We didn't sell our full allocation last season

28 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

Smith, Windass

Two players names incorrectly posted. That's a fucking yellow card.

2 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

We'll lose and questions will rightly be asked of Moore again. The bloke will not settle on a lineup and the same defensive shit will continue before we. Beat Forest Green and it goes quieter for a week

What about Charlton and Peterborough before Forest Green how do we go on there.

37 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

You're right!!

I remembered that incorrectly as our initial allocation was only 4000 and after that they "secretly" released more and more.

Wasn't anything secret about it. We sold around 5.7k which was remarkable for an evening televised kick off but this myth we sell out everywhere is nauseating.

After the press conference it seems I was to quick with my lineup .. may I change it to this?

Dawson or Stockdale (I still don't mind)
Ihiekwe , Heneghan, Famewo
Hunt, Bannan, Byers, Dele-Bashiru (though he was injured), Johnson
Paterson , Windass

(just good that the transfer window is still open)

4 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Potential loan of Kyle Joseph from Swansea and maybe new impetus in the Mallik Wilks saga?

I like Moore but he's a hard listen at times especially when he starts babbling about the injury investigation and what it's thrown up.

Hope Windass is fit and Moore isn't managing the release of bad news.

My  "favourite" is his "we tried to win the game" well yes Darren, always a good place 2 start..... 

15 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

He said the other week how helpful the investigation had been on the surplus injuries we seem to get. When pressed on it he reels off a load of mitigating factors without ever coming up with any problems the investigation had thrown up. Unless I missed them, the sound quality in those pressers isn't very good.

It's a curse, but DM can't tell that in the press conference, can he?

7 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

It's a curse, but DM can't tell that in the press conference, can he?

Can’t be a curse we’ve got golden elephants and had the ground blessed by monks 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Must be one magpie at the training ground 😩😩😩

13 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Enough of this now, we'll have the levity police round (aka Site Grumpies) telling us we're derailing threads and how they've never seen the likes before.

Or I'll just stick you on read only mode.

Re Smith. I posted this in the pre-season thread. 

listening to the back end of the Moment of Truth podcast and in episode 6  Rotherham's medical team are talking to Warne about putting injections in Smith's big toe to keep him going. Just checked with someone and he had cortisone injections in his right foot for the last 6 league games after dislocating his toe in training. It wasn't documented as an injury though as he played through with the injections.  He's right footed.

Edited by Tylluan
  • Thanks 2