Managerial Merry Go Round 22/23

Potter is a strange option for them . He was given total control at Brighton ,done an excellent job in completely revamping the club . I doubt whether he will get the same  if he goes to Chelsea . Rumours that not all the players bought at Chelsea were not Tuchel choices - time will tell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lobster said:

Potter is a strange option for them . He was given total control at Brighton ,done an excellent job in completely revamping the club . I doubt whether he will get the same  if he goes to Chelsea . Rumours that not all the players bought at Chelsea were not Tuchel choices - time will tell

Yep, agree with this. If Pottrr wants a big move just wait till  December. England job be available then....

2 hours ago, lobster said:

I don’t think it’s that at all.  Potter has worked with a DoF at Brighton.  When Abramovich left Chelsea over the Summer, the Chairman, Director and Technical Director all went with him.  The Yank who’s bought them has appointed himself temporary technical director…with a background in baseball 🤣.  Tuchel’s used to working in a corporate type setup where his role is clearly defined, and suddenly he found himself working on transfer targets with the club owner, and nobody else.

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

I don’t think it’s that at all.  Potter has worked with a DoF at Brighton.  When Abramovich left Chelsea over the Summer, the Chairman, Director and Technical Director all went with him.  The Yank who’s bought them has appointed himself temporary technical director…with a background in baseball 🤣.  Tuchel’s used to working in a corporate type setup where his role is clearly defined, and suddenly he found himself working on transfer targets with the club owner, and nobody else.

Surprised Ted Lasso's name hasnt been mentioned

Chelsea owner has looked at Klopp's legacy at Liverpool and Pep's at City and thought I fancy some of that. Now who could do it without spending gazillions cos I've already done that. 

If I was Potter I wouldn't be touching the Chelsea job with a barge pole. Everywhere he's gone he's almost had a blank canvas and built back up with players he's wanted and sourced. To an extent he could do that in the England job as well. At Chelsea he'd be working with someone else's buys and the jigsaw pieces currently don't fit. He tends not to chop and change so that'll be a lot of disgruntled big transfer fees at the club and a lot of agents wanting to know why their diamond isn't playing. 

I also don't think he'll be given the time. As soon as he has a little blip then 'the job will be too big for him' trolling will start. Is Tuchel's job safe has-been debated on match of the day, soccer Saturday, 606 and Talksport since the Southampton game. #toobigajob would start almost straight away for Potter. It would be like Paul Warne moving to a Leeds type job. 

But money talks and if you want to probably triple your wages for a season and half then get a huge payoff then full your boots

• Like 1

Definitely, they over achieved last year, and that’s before you consider them losing two of their best players.

Feel a bit sorry for folk like him that have been involved in a club for so long, are asked to do a job they shouldn’t really be doing and then are out of the club when it inevitably goes pear shaped. 

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

You can semi understand why Corberan jumped ship. They’ve effectively sold the Crown Jewels, not allowed Corberan or the new coach to rebuild and then blamed the coach for the lack of success when in fact, the board have failed. They’ll be in League One soon.

Perhaps we should be selling the crown jewels to pay for this ruddy funeral 

• Like 1