Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

Reesh

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

This is hard work.  Screaming kids and an England team that would finish 12th in Premier League. 

Wish I had gone to see Ed Sheeran with @MPB now. 

😆

Still don't get it....nonces celebrate perverts like John and Williams....the Robert kind ....lock yer kids up.......

And whoever comes has got all the attacking talent in the world to work with. An elite number 9, a load of elite number 10’s and wide players. Three very good central midfield players in Rice, Philips and Bellingham. Probably the three best right backs in the world, and then…

…a huge pile of shite keepers, a load of centre backs who, with the exception of John Stones, can only defend the 18 yard line, and not even an average left back.

Unless we can produce a couple of center halves would get in the top sides in Europe, an orthodox left back, and a decent keeper, we are never going to win a trophy.

24 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

And whoever comes has got all the attacking talent in the world to work with. An elite number 9, a load of elite number 10’s and wide players. Three very good central midfield players in Rice, Philips and Bellingham. Probably the three best right backs in the world, and then…

…a huge pile of shite keepers, a load of centre backs who, with the exception of John Stones, can only defend the 18 yard line, and not even an average left back.

Unless we can produce a couple of center halves would get in the top sides in Europe, an orthodox left back, and a decent keeper, we are never going to win a trophy.

I'd actually stick Rice at CB. He's obviously decent in midfield but him and Philips don't work. I know there both not playing 2nite. Bellingham is excellent, but why not try Grelish as the 10, instead of wide left where he ALWAYS comes in on his left. 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'd actually stick Rice at CB. He's obviously decent in midfield but him and Philips don't work. I know there both not playing 2nite. Bellingham is excellent, but why not try Grelish as the 10, instead of wide left where he ALWAYS comes in on his left. 

You know. I would not be surprised if long term, Rice moved to center half.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s got to be Bellingham, and then one of Rice and Philips. Foden, Kane and Sterling have to play. And if you are picking centre halves in form, then you go with Dier and White. 

49 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It horribly worries me that if we sack Southgate, the only two who I might be tempted by are Potter and Howe. Unless we go abroad, and let’s face it, every time we have done that, it’s been a disaster.

Wayne Rooney's England init, just in time for World Cup glory. 

Nailed on with all that tactical brilliance that would have seen Derby reach 17th without the points deduction. 

Howe won't take it with the rebuilding job (and the money) at Newcastle and Potter wouldn't get a chance with some fans and possibly some of the 'superstar' players.

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

You know. I would not be surprised if long term, Rice moved to center half.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s got to be Bellingham, and then one of Rice and Philips. Foden, Kane and Sterling have to play. And if you are picking centre halves in form, then you go with Dier and White. 

Bellingham Rice Foden is your midfield three.

Grealish Kane Sterling in front.

Wales 2-2 with Netherlands

Scratch that. Lost 3-2 now.  Dutch score straight from the kick off. 

That's 2 very narrow defeats to the Netherlands and a draw against Belgium and 4 goals scored in 3 games. 

England must be shitting themselves. 

16 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

We’ll still win the World Cup

I’d like someone like Conte in charge. Tactically very good, a disciplinarian but also a great motivator too

Would he ever leave club football though? 

Wow, it gets worse, sack him immediately 

🤣🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

We’ll still win the World Cup

I’d like someone like Conte in charge. Tactically very good, a disciplinarian but also a great motivator too

Would he ever leave club football though? 

Wow, it gets worse, sack him immediately 

Didn't do well for the  Azzuri

At least the rest of the country are catching up with the views on here. 

I bet C4 are delighted with securing the rights for this now. Woke football to go with the woke coverage 

At least there will be no misconception of thinking we will go far in the tournament. 

And as an aside can we fuck off Footballs Coming Home 

• Like 1