Pig takeover

I must admit that I’ve only just heard and read about it. Doesn’t seem to be that much info other than it’s worth north of 100 million and likely to go through soon subject to EFL approval.

Anyone know much about it, who’s involved and will this bail the DRAWBs out from what a lot of people were saying on here about how they were absolutely fooked if they came down?

It's going to the EFL to decide if they fit the proper person test, it could drag on a fair while yet.

Don't think due diligence has been done either side yet.

American Capitalist fund who have tried for a few clubs including the Berties last summer.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It sounds like they have re-financed / extended the arrangements with Macquarrie.

Presumably on the basis of re-commencing parachute payments 

At some point it will hopefully go tit's up

20 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It sounds like they have re-financed / extended the arrangements with Macquarrie.

Re-financing loans is the least of their problems at the moment 🤣

Pig mate reckons the takeover is off as the EFL won't ratify it, no idea if it's true or not, but he reckons it'll be announced in the next couple of days. 

Maguire reckons the loan is against the next two seasons parachute payments, dunno if they've got some instalments due and don't want to risk more point deductions?!

46 minutes ago, madowl said:

Re-financing loans is the least of their problems at the moment 🤣

And those at 1867 think Chansiri hasn't got a clue what he's doing.....

Said it a few months ago & I'll say it again....

Give me DC over the owners at the likes of Reading & Sheffield United.

3 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Said it for a while, Chansiri can be a loose cannon and needs a fair bit of guidance but as an owner could be million times worse.

4 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Nobody is saying DC is perfect by any means but "be careful what you wish for" rings very true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Finance isn't my thing (you should see my bank account) but didn't they already have loans with Macquarrie up to 2026??

8 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

Finance isn't my thing (you should see my bank account) but didn't they already have loans with Macquarrie up to 2026??

A discussion on X seems to suggest that existing charges/loans were satisfied today. It may be that the new loans are just the old loans rolled over. Like you finance isn't my thing either so I might be wide of the mark.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

A discussion on X seems to suggest that existing charges/loans were satisfied today. It may be that the new loans are just the old loans rolled over. Like you finance isn't my thing either so I might be wide of the mark.

Thats me, you and Prince Abdullah by the sounds of it 🤣

• Haha 1

But how do you think the existing loans were satisfied? (Spoiler alert - It was by borrowing more money)

I'm not sure you're thinking this through lads. Pigs went up to the prem last season, netting them all the riches that come with that. They also sold their 2 best players for a reported £35m and pretty much spent fuck all. Fast forward to now and seemingly they have an outstanding loan they can't afford to pay, only they've got to as they've already had points taken for not paying things so the bank step in again and offer them another loan to pay off the first one. Then the penny drops, they have literally no players, so they then have to borrow a bit more.

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Pig mate reckons the takeover is off as the EFL won't ratify it, no idea if it's true or not, but he reckons it'll be announced in the next couple of days. 

Maguire reckons the loan is against the next two seasons parachute payments, dunno if they've got some instalments due and don't want to risk more point deductions?!

Also heard the same from a couple of sources

9 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Well I am shocked....oh wait, no.

The Prince is funding the club on loans and the sand beneath the foundations is eroding quickly

They are desperate for a cash injection or they are fucked.

5 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

But how do you think the existing loans were satisfied? (Spoiler alert - It was by borrowing more money)

I'm not sure you're thinking this through lads. Pigs went up to the prem last season, netting them all the riches that come with that. They also sold their 2 best players for a reported £35m and pretty much spent fuck all. Fast forward to now and seemingly they have an outstanding loan they can't afford to pay, only they've got to as they've already had points taken for not paying things so the bank step in again and offer them another loan to pay off the first one. Then the penny drops, they have literally no players, so they then have to borrow a bit more.

To the non finance guys it's basically taking out a new credit card with a higher limit and then paying off the balances on the old cards.

We know Wednesday have a rolling credit facility of about £7m. The existing charges are not shown as satisfied leading to some suggesting these are new loans each time. The accounts suggest that is certainly not the case, but leaves the door of uncertainty open.

All United are doing is taking loans today to fund operations, secured against future minimum guaranteed parachute payments. Their issue is very simple if they don't get promoted these loans will fall due, the parachute payments are allocated to clear them and there is no support left for future day to day requirements. 

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Well I am shocked....oh wait, no.

The Prince is funding the club on loans and the sand beneath the foundations is eroding quickly

They are desperate for a cash injection or they are fucked.

Haven't checked but presumably the new loan is for more than the ones being paid off, so a cash injection of sorts 

But it makes it less attractive to potential investors if there is an even larger debt to take on or clear. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Haven't checked but presumably the new loan is for more than the ones being paid off, so a cash injection of sorts 

But it makes it less attractive to potential investors if there is an even larger debt to take on or clear. 

Doesn't show any figures but they took out charges in January and May, the January ones are satisfied but they still have a separate one from Close Leasing in January 2023 to clear.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I'm trying to remove my blue and white specs and not immediately presume this is as bad as it looks, but I'm struggling.

I re-read Maguire's comments and he's suggesting that the pigs have borrowed against the 24/25 and 25/26 parachute payments and also against some of the clubs assets (which I'm presuming to be the ground and/or training ground?).

From the outside looking in, they've lost a good few players and now with possibly losing new investors, I'm wondering if Poundland is thinking 'fuck it I know what to do we'll get promoted again' and they're going to go for it and sign a load of players. Problem is, clubs are going to be reluctant to agree to payment plans as they now have a reputation of not paying so he needs cash up front?!

Like I say, blue and white specs, but it sounds like he's borrowed a lot of money...

12 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

I've heard same, it's a large consortium trying to buy so proof of funds might be more difficult to prove than one owner coming in. 

Also heard Wilder is very unhappy with it all and players aren't happy with him either. Not that there's that many players to start with. 

Don't be surprised if Wilders gone before a ball's been kicked. 

6 hours ago, bradowl said:

Also heard Wilder is very unhappy with it all and players aren't happy with him either. Not that there's that many players to start with. 

Don't be surprised if Wilders gone before a ball's been kicked. 

Why would The Boaring One leave when he's supposed to love the club?

If I was Wednesday boss, there's no way I would leave, even if I wasn't getting paid. I would keep doing my 'dream job' to the best of my abilities, come hell or high water. 

33 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Why would The Boaring One leave when he's supposed to love the club?

If I was Wednesday boss, there's no way I would leave, even if I wasn't getting paid. I would keep doing my 'dream job' to the best of my abilities, come hell or high water. 

Until you got sacked and picked up the compo. 

Which is what Wildpig will do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madowl said:

They've just signed Jamie Shackleton so someone must be authorising some spend. Don't know if he's any good mind.

Put it this way. 

You don't get promoted by bringing Jamie Shackleton in. 

🤣🤣🤣 the takeover was off two weeks ago Poundland Prince asked for money upfront and they weren’t willing to put in so they fell out. They darent announce it due to season ticket sales etc which they are struggling with as the money isn’t coming through. Loans taken out to pay other loans that will be paid by parachute payments meaning they don’t actually have any money.

Wilder is mad because he can’t sign who he wants and he’s going to have egg on his face when they are shite so he’s threatening to walk.

Theres a summary of everything I’ve heard today no matter what is true and what isn’t the meltdown is great to see 🙌🙌🙌🙌

IMG_3373.jpeg

• Haha 4

I've often wondered if I'd like them to go bust and cease to exist but my concern was always been that their piglets would come to Hillsborough.

I've since slept on this a bit, and I don't want clubs going back 100 years going bust either, not even them, not when we've the likes of MK Dons.

In conclusion, I'd like them to go to the 4th Division, (or the league 2 as it now is - again) and stay there forever.

Then we can be a bit like a Forest fan must feel about County, gently acknowledge their existence but think 'fuck off you pathetic little twats' at the same time.

Older, Bigger, Better  😎

• Like 2

Is it really off? The lack of any communication from the club to their fans and no images or interviews with wilder on the plan for the future isn’t a great sign. Not sure why they’d need to borrow so much at top rate interest if it was just to bridge the gap between new and old leadership especially given the slashing of costs. No kit out and no pre season. 

3 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Is it really off? The lack of any communication from the club to their fans and no images or interviews with wilder on the plan for the future isn’t a great sign. Not sure why they’d need to borrow so much at top rate interest if it was just to bridge the gap between new and old leadership especially given the slashing of costs. No kit out and no pre season. 

Was there anything from them that it WAS on in the first place?

6 minutes ago, TheExile said:

No kit out and no pre season. 

They might have a problem with the kit. They haven't fully paid Errea for last season yet. 

For their pre season they're all away games, at York, Chessie, Harrogate and the mini pigs

8 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

They might have a problem with the kit. They haven't fully paid Errea for last season yet. 

For their pre season they're all away games, at York, Chessie, Harrogate and the mini pigs

Interesting. All very strange with or without a new owner coming in

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Was there anything from them that it WAS on in the first place?

There rarely is. But I think the media would have poured cold water or been told to if there’s nothing in it as it’s not helped them if nothing materialises

Edited by TheExile

5 minutes ago, TheExile said:

There rarely is. But I think the media would have poured cold water or been told to if there’s nothing in it as it’s not helped them if nothing materialises

Clubs don't always respond though either way though. They let the media fires burn, because then they don't HAVE to continue the conversations. 

29 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Clubs don't always respond though either way though. They let the media fires burn, because then they don't HAVE to continue the conversations. 

That’s fair enough but if it was Wednesday I think we’d want to know what’s going on and we’ve been subject to things in the past whether it’s Mammadov, Sheard, Club 9 or whoever and if there was nothing to it there were ways of getting the message out there. United aren’t even continuing as normal as there’s not even any of the usual PR over the summer 

13 hours ago, mkowl said:

And you would think that makes the price of any takeover/ buyout lower ie because it comes with more liabilities. So in a mad roundabout way might make the transaction more likely if the Prince is getting desperate to get shut.

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

And you would think that makes the price of any takeover/ buyout lower ie because it comes with more liabilities. So in a mad roundabout way might make the transaction more likely if the Prince is getting desperate to get shut.

He's wanting to keep some shareholding

3 hours ago, TheExile said:

That’s fair enough but if it was Wednesday I think we’d want to know what’s going on and we’ve been subject to things in the past whether it’s Mammadov, Sheard, Club 9 or whoever and if there was nothing to it there were ways of getting the message out there. United aren’t even continuing as normal as there’s not even any of the usual PR over the summer 

Don't  think theres any doubt we would know more, Statton, Miller, Crann etc would be drip feeding negativity like a knackered tap. Never forget that **** Giddings anouncing we were in a transfer embargo couple of hours before 1st game of season a few years ago.

9 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Don't  think theres any doubt we would know more, Statton, Miller, Crann etc would be drip feeding negativity like a knackered tap. Never forget that **** Giddings anouncing we were in a transfer embargo couple of hours before 1st game of season a few years ago.

😂 at least we knew what was going on at least, warts and all. 

25 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Harrison? 

Do we need another left back

That’s the one, was supposed to be a top target for United.

We wouldn’t need him and I don’t think we would be in for him but he’d be a good replacement for Johnson 

• Like 1