Day of destiny, (Sunder)land the final blow match thread

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Poveda…… I reckon we’ll see him on the pitch this weekend

You’d have thought have Poveda on the bench in case we need something, or I suppose he could go with Fletcher πŸ˜‰

The fat lady is warming up her tonsils but is awaiting the mathematical calculations from her accountant scheduled to be emailed shortly after 14.30 hours before bursting into songΒ 

I say May the 4th be with us

(For the sad **** sci fi nerds out there)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

They’ve all worked so hard, Management team, players and the faithful fans who have been different level since Danny and the team came in.

One last push to get over the line in what would be a bigger achievement than last season IMO.

I’m not sure Brum and Plymouth both get wins but let’s get at least a point and get the job done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

Let's do what we need to do, think the mindset will be spot on with this manager.

Me too, though I'll still be in a pub in Bridlington around 10.30am, just to settle the nerves you understand and then having a good knees up sat night before travelling back home Sunday evening to recover bank holiday Mon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Setting off at 6. May have a spare ticket....

You will be arriving in a 3rd world country when you reach your intended pub stopΒ 

16 minutes ago, Fat Eric said:

Eh?

We would need Sunderland, Plymouth and Birmingham to all score to put us in trouble. If Plymouth or Brum concede they will need two more etc etc

So basically at kick off we can relax (ish) as three things need to happen before we worry.Β 

Just now, Chelters said:

We would need Sunderland, Plymouth and Birmingham to all score to put us in trouble. If Plymouth or Brum concede they will need two more etc etc

So basically at kick off we can relax (ish) as three things need to happen before we worry.Β 

Think it may be because you put Hull conceding in the first post, not Plymouth.

8 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

If Plymouth OR Birmingham concede it becomes 4 needed not 5.

Although I am wondering if I missed something.

You have!!

They need to win so would need 2 goals

We rolled over for them earlier in the season, two totally different teams now compared to them, I think we've got more than enough to take care of safety ourselves without relying on others, I'm also confident in Leicester, Norwich and Hull all wanting or needing the points will be enough if we do f**k it up ourselves, relax lads.

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Doubt La Plata will be open that early

Knowing where they are headed that will seem like Club Tropicana

On that note as I know you like a personal anecdote, young un took his WAG to the match last Saturday and chatting away she casually drops that her Mum had been on a date with George Michael back in the early 80s. And it wasn't in the local WC's. Anyway she dumped him as he left her to go to a music rehearsalΒ 

Β 

Β 

Just now, Fat Eric said:

We rolled over for them earlier in the season, two totally different teams now compared to them, I think we've got more than enough to take care of safety ourselves without relying on others, I'm also confident in Leicester, Norwich and Hull all wanting or needing the points will be enough if we do f**k it up ourselves, relax lads.

Nope no relaxed mode here - been there, worn the T shirt shit happensΒ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lee said:

You have!!

They need to win so would need 2 goals

No he hasn’t, it is 4 (one each in the level games and two in the other), I think I should stick to nostalgia.Β 

• Like 1

What better motivation could the players need than to pull off the great escape yet again and get all the accolades due to every single one of them that's contributed to it.

Carpe Diem Wednesday.Β 

Special message for James Beadle.Β Ils ne passeront pas.

Well, it's worked for the last couple of games.

Absolutely and utterly relaxed about today.

Said a couple of weeks ago that we won't lose and Brum/Hudds won't win again this season and nothings gonna change my mind on that front.

Enjoy your day today whether at the match or where ever else you are.

Cigars out.

Lucky pants in the wash.

Walking under ladders and stepping on cracks in the pavement with impunity.

Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Absolutely and utterly relaxed about today.

Said a couple of weeks ago that we won't lose and Brum/Hudds won't win again this season and nothings gonna change my mind on that front.

Enjoy your day today whether at the match or where ever else you are.

Cigars out.

Lucky pants in the wash.

Walking under ladders and stepping on cracks in the pavement with impunity.

Β 

I agree fwiw but my level of confidence is starting to trouble me, can it really be that easy 🀣

• Haha 1

I am not sure our team winning the quiz last night is a good omen or not. After an average start we (well let's be honest me) stormed the end to sneak the prize with a 1 point gap.

Even if I didn't get this question right

"Who started at Southampton, before becoming a world record transfer fee (at the time) when they joined Real Madrid in 2013"

Β 

1 minute ago, Bellsview said:

I’m as confident as I can be, but that 89/90 season finale keeps entering my thoughts.

Come on lads, please exorcise that ghost from my memory today!Β 

It's like Boxing Day in reverse memories of that day. I genuinely think that and the FA Cup Final replay have indelibly scarred me

Just now, mkowl said:

It's like Boxing Day in reverse memories of that day. I genuinely think that and the FA Cup Final replay have indelibly scarred me

Ironically both those occasions are the only time Wednesday have reduced me to tears. Both still haunt me to this day.

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

Out of the other sides down there with us that can get relegated....

Who would you rather slip away?Β 

Birmingham, Plymouth or Blackburn?

Yes