Will the Owls warn off the Canaries?

Just now, MAL said:

That might have been funny...

If you had tried to explain them to me in the first place, instead of not having a clue yourself 😀

Wasn't watching or keeping an eye on the score butooks like he went to a 3 with wingback, and  Vaulks for Palmer is a no brwiner, as was Pato for Windass to get th ball to stick more.

But I haven't watched so perhaps you could explain pls?

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Wasn't watching or keeping an eye on the score butooks like he went to a 3 with wingback, and  Vaulks for Palmer is a no brwiner, as was Pato for Windass to get th ball to stick more.

But I haven't watched so perhaps you could explain pls?

No

Not a clue 🙄

A proper ale house second half led by Callum Paterson. He was outstanding.

We were very fortunate in that we absolutely should have been 5-0 down before we scored our first, but, the effort was there even if the quality wasn’t. And when we got the first, you could feel we would get a second, Norwich were creaking physically.

Massive point.

• Like 6

I am just glad Rohl binned off the analysts and logged onto here and listened to some good old fashioned advice.

Either that or Curran locked him in a cupboard and Wilko did the 2nd half 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I am just glad Rohl binned off the analysts and logged onto here and listened to some good old fashioned advice.

I’m glad, after 42 league games, that we’ve finally learned how to cross a ball! 

10 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Well after that last 20 minutes nobody can question the commitment of the players out on the pitch.

Well done Wednesday! Never the easy way with us is it?

I think it was Pearson who said the minimum you have to do is run, close down, deny space, create space for the team if you are technically below the opposition. We were almost too nice first half, I refer to luxury players and that's fine but you need the bread and butter ones as well.

Our 2nd half style was not for the purists, tbh I would love us to play pass and move stuff but you need the players. Again I do question his tactics because for me he over estimates our ability in a one on one game of football. The players look nervous playing it, certainly when we concede early. 

If we can hit the mid ground, which we have all will be better.

It's only fair that I balance the criticism of the first half with credit for being bold and changing it for the 2nd 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I’m glad, after 42 league games, that we’ve finally learned how to cross a ball! 

Bannan off corners permanently for me. It's a pity we didn't get another iirc - Vaulks perhaps a bit too clever with the free kick at the end, but if it had worked well 

2 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Brave from Rohl to change it as he did at half time but the screaming change needed was Cadz on for Musaba. 
Musaba should only be used as an impact sub IMO.

Great fight back Wednesday.

Musaba and Gassama does work when the teams are evenly matched in midfield and we can get the ball. But in these games against the top 8 - 10 sides we are constantly out played in there and not helped by their defensive capabilities being under par. 

To add Windass only works for me from the left, I mean did he touch the ball

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Musaba and Gassama does work when the teams are evenly matched in midfield and we can get the ball. But in these games against the top 8 - 10 sides we are constantly out played in there and not helped by their defensive capabilities being under par. 

To add Windass only works for me from the left, I mean did he touch the ball

Windass was dreadful. Musaba was lazy and shirking responsibility.

Coming back from 2 down against a side who should have been out of sight, will hopefully bring a bit of confidence going to the next match at home to Stoke. 

Special mention to Paterson who changed the game. Worked his socks off to help drag us a vital point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Coming back from 2 down against a side who should have been out of sight, will hopefully bring a bit of confidence going to the next match at home to Stoke. 

Special mention to Paterson who changed the game. Worked his socks off to help drag us a vital point. 

Pato did but thought Vaulks was equally important 

Just now, holmesfield_owl said:

Pato did but thought Vaulks was equally important 

I was surprised Vaulks did not start. But it seems between him and Palmer they have one decent game, poor the next. 

39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I said to my mate Wilko needed to be giving the half time team talk.

That first half is on Rohl.  For how good he has been he has dropped a few with dodgy line ups and formations.  That back four and the tactics employed were up there with the worst I have seen at any level.  These players are paid professionals and cannot control or pass a ball.  If I never see Bambo kick a ball again it will be too soon.

As for the midfield of Bannan and Palmer.  F@@k me that's as bad as it gets in this Division as a two , coupled with the non entity that is Windass.  

Onto the second half and will definitely take the point.  Inspired by Pato.  If fit every line up should have him in.  Probably my favourite 'limited' player ever.  Honourable mention to Smith and young Bailey who released his inner Pato.

Finally how does Pol V not get in the starting line up.

• Like 1

Disastrous start not helped by faffing about with it at the back in very blustery conditions. Game could have been over by half time had Norwich took their chances. 

Change of personal and tactics at half time turned things around, we looked far better even though Norwich still looked a threat at times. 

All the substitutes did well, especially Patterson and Valentin. 

19 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Which it totally doesn't, but keep fucking moaning 

It’s a huge game that will have a huge impact on where we end up. The “moaning”  was fully justified first half as reflected in the 4 subs at HT

Edited by TheExile

12 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I said to my mate Wilko needed to be giving the half time team talk.

That first half is on Rohl.  For how good he has been he has dropped a few with dodgy line ups and formations.  That back four and the tactics employed were up there with the worst I have seen at any level.  These players are paid professionals and cannot control or pass a ball.  If I never see Bambo kick a ball again it will be too soon.

As for the midfield of Bannan and Palmer.  F@@k me that's as bad as it gets in this Division as a two , coupled with the non entity that is Windass.  

Onto the second half and will definitely take the point.  Inspired by Pato.  If fit every line up should have him in.  Probably my favourite 'limited' player ever.  Honourable mention to Smith and young Bailey who released his inner Pato.

Finally how does Pol V not get in the starting line up.

Wednesday seem to have had this habit for the last couple of years of playing the 'better' players, the 'footballers' and losing.

Then we bring in the shithouses, get some results on the board and suddenly think "just think how good we'd be if we had a couple of the 'better' players back in the side and get battered again.