Will the Owls warn off the Canaries?

Getting any kind of result could have a huge knock on effect in 4 game's time.

Norwich and Coventry are on a roll, with West Brom drawing their last 3 games.

Norwich dropping points today, with a West Brom win v Rotherham would put them 4/5 points clear of Norwich and still 6/7 clear of Coventry with 12 points to play for if Cov beat Southampton, which is looking likely.

By our game, especially with a result for them v Leicester or Coventry drop any points, they are pretty likely to be, if not on the beach, at least in preparation mode for the playoffs, so won't be going full on.

A win also tightens the fight between Coventry and Norwich (and Hull if they beat Boro), which makes the 3 Cov, 2 Hull and 1 Norwich games v the bottom few must wins.

Any result we get will help us in some way other than just the points on the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

Getting any kind of result could have a huge knock on effect in 4 game's time.

Norwich and Coventry are on a roll, with West Brom drawing their last 3 games.

Norwich dropping points today, with a West Brom win v Rotherham would put them 4/5 points clear of Norwich and still 6/7 clear of Coventry with 12 points to play for if Cov beat Southampton, which is looking likely.

By our game, especially with a result for them v Leicester or Coventry drop any points, they are pretty likely to be, if not on the beach, at least in preparation mode for the playoffs, so won't be going full on.

A win also tightens the fight between Coventry and Norwich (and Hull if they beat Boro), which makes the 3 Cov, 2 Hull and 1 Norwich games v the bottom few must wins.

Any result we get will help us in some way other than just the points on the board.

Why would Norwich drop points today?

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Why would Norwich drop points today?

Special EFL hearing.

Ipswich fans have complained that Saturday's ref's mum's best mates aunty Vi (not real aunty, just lived next door) supports Leeds and their dog was born in Leicester 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm coming to this one, albeit in the away fans' end (soz), with my nipper and my great grandson. The young 'un is a big Norwich fan and as he predicted the correct score at Carrow Road I'm counting on the mighty owls to wipe the smile of his face.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorwichOwl said:

I'm coming to this one, albeit in the away fans' end (soz), with my nipper and my great grandson. The young 'un is a big Norwich fan and as he predicted the correct score at Carrow Road I'm counting on the mighty owls to wipe the smile of his face.

Great grandson...was @Owling_Wolfat school with your dad?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich, 7.45pm - Live on Sky Sports Football Red Button & Sky Sports App

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12105601/championship-football-live-how-to-watch-games-live-on-sky-sports-and-free-match-highlights

Yes.

One camera and shit commentary - that are watching the main ifollow feed from a booth 150 miles away. 

Hopefully that is better next year 

Completed an EFL survey a few weeks back about the streaming service. My conclusion was simply devote the resources to getting the basics of picture quality right, before putting add ons into it 

Compared to the oomph Amazon Prime put into the mix its piss poor in comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Well done Fred.

Be generally interesting to see what the number was when I first started going.

I know on the player list that did the rounds a few years back, even then I had seen 60% or summat daft of the entire Wednesday players during our history. 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

One camera and shit commentary - that are watching the main ifollow feed from a booth 150 miles away. 

Hopefully that is better next year 

Completed an EFL survey a few weeks back about the streaming service. My conclusion was simply devote the resources to getting the basics of picture quality right, before putting add ons into it 

Compared to the oomph Amazon Prime put into the mix its piss poor in comparison. 

That's why you get something to prod the embers in jungle...... the add a app.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

That's why you get something to prod the embers in jungle...... the add a app.

I appreciate that but even with twig avec inferno or small water source that follows said principle, the quality of the source material can be somewhat compromised by the amount of oomph the system is powered by. Too many occasions I encounter a Charlie Chaplin esque stuttering picture upon the screen that needs to be supplied with more pennies in the slot by the EFL and make it like the pic the makers of the magic stick can create on their own platform 

11 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Usual suspects moaning that Chansiri should have promoted this 5,000 game malarkey as more folk might have come had they known.

As you do.

Chansiri out etc.

I honestly don't know how some of these people drag themselves out of bed in a morning.

7 minutes ago, Skamp said:

It’s £40 ffs if they don’t want to pay that then  don’t they think they are just entitled to everything for nothing. I’m buying 2 because I can 💙💙💙💙

Edited by HappyOwl
Sausages for fingers

20 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich, 7.45pm - Live on Sky Sports Football Red Button & Sky Sports App

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12105601/championship-football-live-how-to-watch-games-live-on-sky-sports-and-free-match-highlights

Yes.

3 cracking games on tonight.

Us, obviously and 2 CL quarter final first legs.

A channel hopping night of football?

7 minutes ago, TINK91 said:

Anyone that wants a programme for tonight that can't get one at the ground can order one by post.

This image is the cover.

Will sell out for sure as it's our 5000 game edition 

https://www.aca-creative.co.uk/product/sheffield-wednesday-v-norwich-city-matchday-programme-23-24/

Cover-Norwich.jpg

might have known bullen would get his fucking mug on it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TINK91 said:

Anyone that wants a programme for tonight that can't get one at the ground can order one by post.

This image is the cover.

Will sell out for sure as it's our 5000 game edition 

https://www.aca-creative.co.uk/product/sheffield-wednesday-v-norwich-city-matchday-programme-23-24/

Cover-Norwich.jpg

Walkley will be happy to see Bullen and Palmer on that picture 😖

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve444 said:

3 cracking games on tonight.

Us, obviously and 2 CL quarter final first legs.

A channel hopping night of football?

Nope.

An evening in the elements at S6 for me. Absolutely nowhere I’d rather be.

• Like 1

What would be interesting is where we sit in the league table of league games played. I mean it must be near the top - not seen much publicity where other clubs have crossed said threshold

Eg Blackburn, Preston are probably ahead of us