Will the Owls warn off the Canaries?

First goal. Bambo knocks a simple 10 yard pass, 5 yards short. From the throw, he then gets caught not watching and they score. Immediately after, Famewo knocks a simple 10 yard pass to Bannan 2 yards short. They should score. Then, Beadle knocks a simple 10 yards pass 3 yards wide of his target. They score again. Later, Ihiekwe knocks a pass across his back four 10 yards behind his target and out for a throw in on the edge of our box.

Every single pass, most people on here would make them. It is inexcusable for professional footballers to be unable to complete them. And I mean inexcusable. None of the players were facing a press when they gave it away.

• Like 3

This constant droning on about playing out from the back from the bloody commentators is driving me nuts.  As another poster just mentioned the first goal came from a throw in that was defended abysmally.  Just because you make one mistake doesn’t mean you’ve got to keep making them.  And just because one guy drops a massive bollock doesn’t mean everyone needs to join in.  We need to be mentally stronger. As soon as it goes wrong playing out from defence it’s like everybody goes to pieces psychologically.

• Like 1

But it's the pressure we're inviting on that's the issue with this tactic.  It's not just tonight either.

OK a throw in but it resulted from self inflicted pressure.

Beadle. Drops a bollock whilst carrying out the 'play from the back' tactic.

It's shit and you're defending it.

It was a fucking shambles and sorry yet again Rohl gets the starting line up wrong.

I am not sure he realises the technical gap between us and that of teams like Norwich.

I get its boring, but you have to frustrate these teams by shutting down the space. We have 3 luxury players who do offer an outlet but we need the flipping ball to get them in the game

At the same time the space in central midfield is huge, the space out wide the same.

Of course none of this excuses professional players not being able to pass, but use you brain Beadle. I accept your young but it would be embarrassing for 11 year old to repeat errors 

I saw Smith was starting and stupidly thought...

He has learned a lesson from the QPR game, we are going to get the ball into an attacking area quicker, we will not mess about at the back any more and invite pressure.

Couldn't have been any more wrong, total stupidity and this is all down to the manager.

Shit or bust second half.

Nothing to lose by going for it big time now.

Windass is nothing but a passenger.

And for all his endeavour, running around and work rate, Smith looks out of his depth in this game - and I don’t like saying that about him as he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn’t shirk his responsibilities. 

9 minutes ago, owl71 said:

This constant droning on about playing out from the back from the bloody commentators is driving me nuts.  As another poster just mentioned the first goal came from a throw in that was defended abysmally.  Just because you make one mistake doesn’t mean you’ve got to keep making them.  And just because one guy drops a massive bollock doesn’t mean everyone needs to join in.  We need to be mentally stronger. As soon as it goes wrong playing out from defence it’s like everybody goes to pieces psychologically.

Because the risk is far outweighing the reward. They have scored 2 and should have scored 3 more from errors by utilising this tactic. 

Just now, Bellsview said:

Shit or bust second half.

Nothing to lose by going for it big time now.

Windass is nothing but a passenger.

And for all his endeavour, running around and work rate, Smith looks out of his depth in this game - and I don’t like saying that about him as he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn’t shirk his responsibilities. 

He has provided more attacking threat than Windass. But its the fact we are so short in midfield and they just picking us apart, no change in approach by Rohl.

And I genuinely wonder what the analysts are providing pre game and during the game. 

2 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Another example of how trying to play top six sides at their own game blows up in our own face. I know we are at home but the longer we stayed in this game the more likely we were to get something 

Exactly this, and Rohl is underestimating these teams again and again

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

And I genuinely wonder what the analysts are providing pre game and during the game. 

This.

You only have to look at how much ground Norwich covered on Saturday to know their style and how they overload through midfield. 

I genuinely think Rohl tried to counter it by having the attacking 'threat' on the pitch but when you don't have the ball you don't have the threat

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He has provided more attacking threat than Windass. But its the fact we are so short in midfield and they just picking us apart, no change in approach by Rohl.

Not difficult for him to have done that though is it? 

We’ve pressed the self destruct button and beaten ourselves tonight - before we’d played a sixth of the game.

Players were shell shocked after that second goal and there’s clearly no plan b (not even sure there was a solid plan a). I know you’re having a go at Röhl for his tactics, and I’m not fully sticking up for him either, but he isn’t responsible for such abysmal passing quality from our players. No excuse for such poor quality and poor decision making when not under any real pressure from the opposition.

11 minutes ago, MAL said:

2 down...

Someone really has to explain those subs for me 😵

I worked it out as 3-4-3 when they came on but the shape is all over. 

I now think it's some kind of 3-2-2-2-1 or 3-2-3-2 or basically whatever shape Norwich wants to put us in. 

First time I've seriously lost faith in Rohl and his backroom over an ability to read an opposition. 

Just now, Tylluan said:

I worked it out as 3-4-3 when they came on but the shape is all over. 

I now think it's some kind of 3-2-2-2-1 or 3-2-3-2 or basically whatever shape Norwich wants to put us in. 

First time I've seriously lost faith in Rohl and his backroom over an ability to read an opposition. 

Cheers for trying 😀

I have lost faith in him reading our own players if he is going to keep doing this, never mind the opposites 🤬