NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

Starting with.

Surprise surprise but Warne wants to take Viktor Johansson from Rotherham but faces competition from the pigs. Johansson has one year left but a release clause of around £500k. Rotherham are hoping for a bidding war, especially as Johansson looks likely to be named in the Championship squad of the season. 

Joe Wildsmith's contract is up at the end of the season and has attracted Championship interest. However there's a whisper he may be off to Man City as 3rd choice if Scott Carson moves into coaching. City will look to fulfill Carson's spot with another English keeper to keep within their homegrown quota 

I like the Rotherham keeper, he seems decent, think we could do a lot worse. Surprised Championship clubs are in for Wildsmith, seems like Dawson to me in as far as they're solid enough for L1, but not quite got enough for the championship?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man City may send 18 year old wonder kid Claudio Echeverri out on loan in England to get him used to the pace. 

Signed from River Plate last January but loaned straight back until the end of the season. Dubbed the next Messi and is seen as a long term replacement for De Bruyne 

If we get Beadle back, we need a new no. 2, unless Dawson is content with that role, which I doubt. I’d like to see Charles getting regular games so he needs to go out on loan. So we need a keeper to come in and be happy to play second fiddle to Beadle. Not sure if Heston would be, but I’d prefer an older, experienced, been there done it type as back up.

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Man City may send 18 year old wonder kid Claudio Echeverri out on loan in England to get him used to the pace. 

Signed from River Plate last January but loaned straight back until the end of the season. Dubbed the next Messi and is seen as a long term replacement for De Bruyne 

Gerrimin. 

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I was at the Etihad last night watching City under 18's thump L**ds 4-0 to win the youth cup.

Very obvious to state but bloody hell they have some good players. Won't be surprised to see a couple of them make it to the first team in a year or two. Emile Heskeys lad scored & played pretty well, but really the whole team was a level or 2 better than L**ds.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In today's 'no shit, Sherlock' news, Swansea are being linked with Macaulay Langstaff but Notts price of £1.5m is putting the owners off which is causing friction between them and Williams. It doesn't look like he's being given a pot to piss in, transfer wise, and they'll be heavy into the loan market 

The price isn't putting Wrexham off though and they are expected to test County's resolve. 

Edited by Tylluan

500k for Johansson seems decent. I suspect a fair few will match that then it’s over to the contract. Sounds like we prefer Beadle but it would be good to get our own No1 as I don’t think we replaced Westwood. 

Blades linked with Sunderlands keeper but that must be a difficult one for them cost wise and also given he could probably get a move to the PL if he plays his cards right 

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

500k for Johansson seems decent. I suspect a fair few will match that then it’s over to the contract.

Have I missed something? Last I heard it was  £750-900k depending on who listen to around his release clause 

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Have I missed something? Last I heard it was  £750-900k depending on who listen to around his release clause 

On 04/04/2024 at 16:27, Tylluan said:

Surprise surprise but Warne wants to take Viktor Johansson from Rotherham but faces competition from the pigs. Johansson has one year left but a release clause of around £500k. Rotherham are hoping for a bidding war, especially as Johansson looks likely to be named in the Championship squad of the season. 

👀

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

👀

Yea, yea, all right. 

Got that one wrong. Stewart is pushing for £900k and hoping a bidding war takes it over a million. Stoke, Derby, and a couple of others showing interest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Presumably if there’s a release clause, whatever it is, there will be no bidding war unless no one wants to pay as high as the clause itself. Can’t see many clubs paying 1m for him unconditionally but maybe the changes in tv income change the market this summer. 

52 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Someone's taken a photo of Jonson Clarke-Harris at Sheffield train station and Toytown have gone into meltdown that he was on his way to sign for them. 

Derby also interested 

Hopefully he was just passing through. 

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Basham, Baldock, Norwood, Foderingham and Lowe released by the Blades.

I know it's only terminology but "releasing" players infers they didn't want them and I thought they were trying to keep hold of Foderingham who they'd dropped because he wouldn't sign a new contract along with a few clangers of course that spring to mind . I know Basham is knocking on a bit now, 36 soon and recently had a really bad injury so not surprised there. Thought one or two of the others had been offered a deal as well. Got Tufty written all over it that has.😂

31 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

They've already tabled a bid for Johansson but it's well short

Didn't they pay £2m for the bloke from Atletico Madrid (IIRC)? The one that looks to be missing a vowel or two from his surname? He doesn't look anything special either.

Apparently they released the retained/released list early so they can give them a good old bramall lane send off which I take to be soaking them in piss, the odd sucker punch or two and a couple of verses of the greasy chip butty song.

21 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Johanssen on his way from Toytown to Stoke is the latest rumour 

Just seen Biggs tweeting that its close to a completed deal. 

Blunts at work have been adamant he was signing for them. 

On 15/05/2024 at 16:11, Canterburyowl said:

Rotherham sign Clarke-Harris

Stewart has broken his League 1 wage structure to get him to sign and he won't be the last. 

There's a few in my world think Rotherham will be fucked financially if Evans gets his way on signings but they don't go straight back up. 

11 minutes ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Joe Wildsmith released at Derby after an impressive season with them.

Would he be prepared to come back as no. 2 if Dawson doesn't re-sign?

No.

Rumours are he is off to Citeh to fill their homegrown quota

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

No.

Rumours are he is off to Citeh to fill their homegrown quota

As Reesh said. 

While he's still only 28 the lure of £20-25k a week and medals for sitting on a bench, with the odd game thrown in, sets his family up very well. 

He was on £3k with us and £7k at Derby

7 hours ago, TheExile said:

Evans must have something on Stewart as he’s the only one who can get some budget out of him. Byers meant to be going there alongside McWilliams and JCH. Big lads League one galacticos 

On 16/05/2024 at 22:27, Tylluan said:

Stewart has broken his League 1 wage structure to get Clarke-Harris to sign and he won't be the last. 

There's a few in my world think Rotherham will be fucked financially if Evans gets his way on signings but they don't go straight back up. 

17 hours ago, Reesh said:

George Byers to Rotherham.....

2 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Reece James to Rovrum as well?

Rotherham Owls has a new meaning, especially if Dawson signs as has been rumoured.

Evans' honeymoon period won't last long if it goes tits up early doors 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Evans' honeymoon period won't last long if it goes tits up early doors 

I can see him doing a good job there though, especially how he seems to have set off, think it was you that said earlier he seems to be able to get Stewart to loosen the purse strings where others can't.

On 10/05/2024 at 19:45, M42Owl said:

If we get Beadle back, we need a new no. 2, unless Dawson is content with that role, which I doubt. I’d like to see Charles getting regular games so he needs to go out on loan. So we need a keeper to come in and be happy to play second fiddle to Beadle. Not sure if Heston would be, but I’d prefer an older, experienced, been there done it type as back up.

Late twenties, won a couple of promotion seasons with different clubs?

17 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I want to wish them well, but it’ll be through gritted teeth if it’s to them

Genuine question not just to you Tee, why do folk get uptight about what club a now ex player turns up at 

His Wednesday career is over, he may cross paths at some point 

I think I just see players as commodities that come and go

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Genuine question not just to you Tee, why do folk get uptight about what club a now ex player turns up at 

I know your local team just got transplanted near you but the vitriol we get from Chesterfield, Dingles, Donny and Groomer FC fans means it's a loathing to want any success even for an ex player.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Because of their fan’s jumped up attitude…. 
Nothing to do with the club, I know some cracking folks down there… for them. I’m pleased. For the fans. Nope.