14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

No and a reality check does no harm hopefully. Though next week will be just as tough, we struggle at times when teams up the intensity.

But we have to be more composed not get rattled. Not easy to do, but just compare their centre halves to ours

Out of 28 games played v the top 4 in the second half of the season by teams in the bottom 10, they've won 2, drawn 3 and lost 23.

Just for a bit of perspective.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Only on Owlstalk would you get Chansiri been given the blame for our prats throwing battles and apparently they would not support a protest either.

I thought with their IQ they would be on the leadership team of the 1867 Lot 

Mainly from the twat that runs the site.

• Like 1

Bit embarrassing that protest tonight seems to be losing momentum also the tosser before the game on radio Sheffield talking about the pitch and the scoreboard not working. Nobody round me tonight waving leaflets apart from a couple of youths who looked a bit embarrassed but did it cos they’ve seen something on TikTok that says they should. 

Careful what they wish for bellends 

Apparently they've won the argument on Chansiri as nobody can come up with rebuttals to their points.

Forget to mention that anyone who can make a coherent argument has been banned or limited due to being "hateful"

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Bit embarrassing that protest tonight seems to be losing momentum also the tosser before the game on radio Sheffield talking about the pitch and the scoreboard not working. Nobody round me tonight waving leaflets apart from a couple of youths who looked a bit embarrassed but did it cos they’ve seen something on TikTok that says they should. 

Careful what they wish for bellends 

......... and Staton interrupting/talking over the guy giving an opposite view in a way he doesn't with the anti Chansiri callers. Biased and bad mannered. Mind you the caller did get his points across- well played. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Mainly from the twat that runs the site.

I am on that site, same name as on here, i don't hide.

It is embarrassing most of the times, reading what the four faced idiot says, just posts shit or starts arguments to get as many clicks as he can, or just to put somebody down and try and intimidate them into agreeing to what he says.

BullyboysRUS.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MAL said:

I am on that site, same name as on here, i don't hide.

It is embarrassing most of the times, reading what the four faced idiot says, just posts shit or starts arguments to get as many clicks as he can, or just to put somebody down and try and intimidate them into agreeing to what he says.

BullyboysRUS.com

Yep a grubby site run by a classic internet bully steeped in faux virtue and hypocrisy who totally abuses his position (and posters)

Really enjoyed the first half hour, thought we were the better team and Gassama really unlucky with the chance the keeper saved.

We let them into the game far too easily though and I thought Bannan and Palmer were both poor, but undoubtedly it'll all be forgotten for Baz because of the quick free kick to Pol (was a good ball mind). I was pleased with the reaction from the players after going 2 down, earlier in the season we would have collapsed and conceded a hatful. I thought Wilkes did okay when he came on. Still don't rate Smith and I'm marking that as another 1 v 1 he has missed...

3 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Really enjoyed the first half hour, thought we were the better team and Gassama really unlucky with the chance the keeper saved.

We let them into the game far too easily though and I thought Bannan and Palmer were both poor, but undoubtedly it'll all be forgotten for Baz because of the quick free kick to Pol (was a good ball mind). I was pleased with the reaction from the players after going 2 down, earlier in the season we would have collapsed and conceded a hatful. I thought Wilkes did okay when he came on. Still don't rate Smith and I'm marking that as another 1 v 1 he has missed...

Thought we gave it a good go tonight. Heart sank when I saw Bambo starting but thought he did ok. Agree Wilkes did ok in his brief time on. Think you're being a bit harsh on Smith tonight though who I also thought did ok when he came on. 

Just one of those things tonight.

We weren’t bad, they were just better as much as it pains me.

That cross for the first was an absolute peach, as bang on the money as it gets. The second was avoidable; but quality finish. 
Ref, horrific, got worse as it went on. 

Dust ourselves down, a full week without a game. Get ready for Ipswich. 

With the games left its still in our hands .

• Like 2

I’ve read every post and sorry lads, but even as a West Yorkshire Owl and being the black sheep of my family because of it (due to the rest of them being Leeds supporters and me hating them), they were the better side tonight. Our season won’t be determined by results against sides like Leeds, but it will be determined by playing against sides we have a better chance of beating.

I hate Leeds, I despise the bastards and I hate it that we have lost to them, but they were better than us tonight. Just look at their squad of players and what they cost. To be honest I’m proud of how we competed against them over 90 minutes. 

If we can keep DR we are on the verge of something very special at SWFC. He learns from every Championship fixture we play and he knows what needs to be done to make us a decent and competitive side. And he’ll leave learned a lot from watching how we played against a top Championship side tonight.

This season is about him keeping us up. Next season might be about him establishing us in the Championship, but if he gets the backing he needs I see him guiding us to the Premier League within the next 3-4 seasons! 

Things won’t be like this forever, especially with DR in charge. Keep the faith lads.

• Like 3

A good post Bells, which I agree with other than it will be 1-3 seasons for Prem if we stay up!!!

I'm just being hopefull!! But still it's not undoable.

UTO

Edited by Lee
Spello
  • Like 1

No mention of Beadle yet - apart from time wasting. 
Thought that was his best game for us, including a couple of brilliant saves that looked certain goals. The one down to his left in the second half at 2-0 when L**ds we’re on top kept us in the game. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Thought that was his best game for us, including a couple of brilliant saves that looked certain goals. The one down to his left in the second half at 2-0 when L**ds we’re on top kept us in the game. 

Meant to post last night on his performance. Put it one way, the only player in our starting 11 that would stand a chance of getting in their's.

I mean we have seen how Poveda and Ugbo have added a bit of quality to us, the former was not getting a kick at Leeds.

Beadle had a good game and that is with our defenders in front of him that must be a scary proposition

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bellsview said:

I’ve read every post and sorry lads, but even as a West Yorkshire Owl and being the black sheep of my family because of it (due to the rest of them being Leeds supporters and me hating them), they were the better side tonight. Our season won’t be determined by results against sides like Leeds, but it will be determined by playing against sides we have a better chance of beating.

I hate Leeds, I despise the bastards and I hate it that we have lost to them, but they were better than us tonight. Just look at their squad of players and what they cost. To be honest I’m proud of how we competed against them over 90 minutes. 

If we can keep DR we are on the verge of something very special at SWFC. He learns from every Championship fixture we play and he knows what needs to be done to make us a decent and competitive side. And he’ll leave learned a lot from watching how we played against a top Championship side tonight.

This season is about him keeping us up. Next season might be about him establishing us in the Championship, but if he gets the backing he needs I see him guiding us to the Premier League within the next 3-4 seasons! 

Things won’t be like this forever, especially with DR in charge. Keep the faith lads.

I will repeat what I said last night, the difference is the quality of the thinking and the quality of the application of it. We can at least match the work rate, with Rohl we have a quality coach, but its the key moments against the top teams.

That stat on the wins achieved by the bottom teams v the top is still eye opening if not unsurprising.

The suggestion is that if we had gone in 0-0 the 2nd half would be different, that is true. What I disagree on is the hypothesis we would have won.

Even if we had scored first, the reality is these squads have so much in the locker quality wise they could have turned it round.

It's the weight of expectation on their shoulders where you get results against them.

There is basically a scenario of yo yo clubs between the Championship and Premier League.

Almost one at the other end to League 1

9 hours ago, Snap said:

Me too. What makes it worse with Hinchcliffe for me though is he appears to delight in talking us down even though he spent most of his time taking a wage whilst sat on his arse whilst contracted to us. I may be remembering that wrong though, me memory isn't what it was.😂

He was with us for 4 years, 1998 to 2002 but only played an handful of games in his final 2 years before retiring with his knee injury.

So these final 2 years will have been when we had just come down from Premier league and he was on a reported £18k a week I bet he wasn't moaning about club when picking that sort of money up being sat in treatment room. 

9 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yep a grubby site run by a classic internet bully steeped in faux virtue and hypocrisy who totally abuses his position (and posters)

You missed out "fucking *****" mate.

11 hours ago, Snap said:

The ref didn't give us anything and as far as i'm concerned he was at least complicit in their first goal. Overall though, we got outdone by the better side tonight. Our LHS of Famewo, Johnson and Gassama looked weak. Whatever happened to the German lad we were after.

So, not surprised we lost, won't be surprised if Ipswich do us either. All I would say is, get that psychologist to work earning his money and get the lads prepared for post Ipswich.

The German lad we’ve not taken on, and I’m glad. Wouldn’t want a woman beater in our squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Petrie said:

Thought that was his best game for us, including a couple of brilliant saves that looked certain goals. The one down to his left in the second half at 2-0 when L**ds were on top kept us in the game. 

He got down to one low on his right too, which was fantastic. 

I’ve just realised something we are never going up to the premiership are we? How can we ever get to a stage where we can compete with the teams coming down. What have Ipswich done and how do they expect to survive up there?

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

They've shot for the moon & if they don't go up in a season or two they'll be fucked, is my guess.

Exactly. 

I mean, look at Leicester they appear to be getting hauled over the coals soon about their spending in the Premier League last season in the next few days, and are facing a points deduction. (Think it only applies if the go up though, but could be wrong)

11 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

I’ve just realised something we are never going up to the premiership are we? How can we ever get to a stage where we can compete with the teams coming down. What have Ipswich done and how do they expect to survive up there?

Ironically I think the only reason we would want to get to the PL is to give us the money to be more competitive in the Championship

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Ironically I think the only reason we would want to get to the PL is to give us the money to be more competitive in the Championship

Then eventually be able to get a squad which is able to remain in the top flight.

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

Then eventually be able to get a squad which is able to remain in the top flight.

Of course, but I think that’s getting further out of reach for any established Championship club now. 

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Of course, but I think that’s getting further out of reach for any established Championship club now. 

There'll always be the odd anomaly, but largely, yeah it certainly feels like that.

1 hour ago, Chelters said:

The method originally associated with Brian Robson at West Brom, long ago.

5 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I know but that's a full week away.  

Must have been more to do with playing Saturday and Tuesday.

And he was suffering with cramps on Tuesday night apparently 

22 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Right own up who made me look on owlstalk 

My eyes My eyes what a set of fookin numpties on there 😡😡

How is a fan shouting racist comments at the ref Chansiris fault 😩😩😩😩

Still the same on there then?

It was full of numpties 10 years ago.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Could lose 10-0 and we jump a place 🤣

😁 Would be nice if we could get the GD down a bit though just in case it's needed (hopefully not)

April is gonna be brutal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

April…. I think we’re out of the bottom three by the end of the month. 😀

More pressing question is who gets the baton on starting the match thread 

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I've just had a most unwanted image of MK Owl, dressed as a cheerleader, twirling a baton...

🤣

I am available on Only Fans, I got 3p last month in subscriptions

• Haha 1

Just now, mkowl said:

I am available on Only Fans, I got 3p last month in subscriptions

Bet it warms you up at night knowing you're he last thing old Fred sees before sleep as he bashes the one eyed snake.