We got that completely right defensively. But, you can’t switch off for a second. Famewo has switched off, there’s always an argument that Valentin or Musaba should put more pressure on the ball there.

I am not going out and taking the break off yet. We need to get to 70 minutes and then start opening the game up.

1 minute ago, Snap said:

Absolutely gutted about that. Ref fails to blow when time is up, where in the rules does it say a passage of play has to conclude before he blows the whistle. Kicks off and then blows straight away.

Tbf Beadle time wasted on a goal kick so I can see why. But if that ball was going round the back he would have blown. The issue is more our defenders losing focus and being punished

6 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Why can’t these thick bastards understand that the North stand and ‘fake’ sponsorships are a way of DC putting money into the club that counts as income and thus reduces the losses for FFP. And then they criticise him For the losses!!!!!

Yes I’m fucking annoyed about that goal.

The poster has really highlighted just how inept and frankly fucking stupid they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They’ve gone up a gear. Our shape has gone in our back three. Stuck between sitting in and squeezing. And they are mopping up every single second ball. Their wide players are running off the inside of the wing backs.

These Fick THucks  have had it shoved down their throats today, that we are being looked at again for throwing things.

So what do they do, throw some more, absolute Belllends

• Like 1

Be good if the supporters sing at the top of their voices until the final whistle now, regardless of the score. Would show the lads and gaffer we are still 100% behind them.

It would drown out the part-time, glory seeking Leeds bastards as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MAL said:

These Fick THucks  have had it shoved down their throats today, that we are being looked at again for throwing things.

So what do they do, throw some more, absolute Belllends

Unfortunately we seem to getting no let up of a small number of total morons making us look really bad at the moment this season 

Absolutely ridiculous 

• Like 1

Just now, TINK91 said:

Unfortunately we seem to getting no let up of a small number of total morons making us look really bad at the moment this season 

Absolutely ridiculous 

I’m starting to wonder if the next cell that originated after the amoeba can be traced back to Sheffield in origin, cos there’s clearly still a few of them around! 

• Sad 1

Difference really is the quality of thought and the quality of application all across the pitch. 

Tbf we can basically match 18 of the sides in this division now, but we are below the ex Prem sides level. No disgrace in that regard with their parachute payments, but its just so noticeable.

Their centre halves composed and win the ball, clear their lines with ease

Palmer does ok in there, but seriously for 15 - 20 minutes in that 2nd half it was embarrassing for him

Be glad to get Poveda back. If we play Gassama and Musaba then the potential is there but they make so many poor decisions, run up blind alleys or overplay in our half. Poveda gives us a controlled threat

And sadly Bannan makes a poor pass for each good one he does. 

Tonight was going to be tough, the frustration is how we lost but tbh they are at a different level to where we can be with this squad

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Theman said:

Awful ref cost us that game 

He didn't really, our lack of concentration at times, some poor application at times and their higher general quality did 

The only comfort I can take from that result is that earlier in the season it is highly likely it would have been a total massacre. 

Lets move on, hope that results go our way tomorrow and fight another day

UTO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

The only comfort I can take from that result is that earlier in the season it is highly likely it would have been a total massacre. 

Lets move on, hope that results go our way tomorrow and fight another day

UTO

Xisco got a draw 🙉

• Sad 1

So glad we got the points in the bank so to speak up to this point

This and the Ipswich game were/are such a bitch to have to deal with at the point of getting level so I suppose we just gotta hope tonight doesn't upset things to much.

More grey hair going into April more than likely.

Only on Owlstalk would you get Chansiri been given the blame for our prats throwing battles and apparently they would not support a protest either.

I thought with their IQ they would be on the leadership team of the 1867 Lot 

1 minute ago, Snap said:

The ref didn't give us anything and as far as i'm concerned he was at least complicit in their first goal. Overall though, we got outdone by the better side tonight. Our LHS of Famewo, Johnson and Gassama looked weak. Whatever happened to the German lad we were after.

So, not surprised we lost, won't be surprised if Ipswich do us either. All I would say is, get that psychologist to work earning his money and get the lads prepared for post Ipswich.

Beadle actually fucked about taking a goal kick in added time. And it is always a minimum - that lack of focus cost us, made the 2nd half different.

I think we lost our way, but the lack of quality in centre mid and Bannans legs going - if we do stay up an area we need to address. 

Too many weak links 

Didn’t expect anything from that but still gutted given how we might be back behind the pack again. If only Gassama had scored early doors and/or ref had blown when time was up and it’s a different second half 

5 minutes ago, Snap said:

Yes, I understand that, but if that ball was up the other end he blows on 49 minutes exactly and that's what pisses me off. No problem with the result mind, beaten on the night by the better team, the ref and Andy <deleted> Hinchecliffe who is surely battling Don Goodman for the number one slot of being the biggest.......................well, ask @holmesfield_owl

Hate them both

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He didn't really, our lack of concentration at times, some poor application at times and their higher general quality did 

Agreed, but he didn't help matters.

I don't think he gave us many things.

Really fancied us for a win tonight and first half we were decent.  Their movement was beginning to worry me.

Gutted when the first came and numerous switching off.  Second half and we really began to see the gulf once they stepped up the gears. 

The difference between the squads highlighted when they bring James on and we bring Wilks. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MAL said:

Agreed, but he didn't help matters.

I don't think he gave us many things.

He was a lot better than some we have.

Not great saying that and sadly refs are in awe somewhat of the Leeds effect.

But nothing he did beyond playing on 49 mins, but it was probably justified, Beadle took an age with a goal kick and put the ball in the wrong place. 

Why the 2 Leeds players did not have to stay off for 30 seconds not sure.

But then at the end Leeds kicked the ball out for an injury and we never gave it back 

More disconcerting is that a chap on Stalk says someone near them was dishing out racist abuse to the ref. He reported the person and the stewards did zilch.

Hate to say the eradication of poor behaviour in our fan base will either come from being sanctioned, sections closed off etc, or the decent fans not turning a blind eye buy bring backed up by those in authority.

3 minutes ago, Snap said:

Me too. What makes it worse with Hinchcliffe for me though is he appears to delight in talking us down even though he spent most of his time taking a wage whilst sat on his arse whilst contracted to us. I may be remembering that wrong though, me memory isn't what it was.😂

Absolutely spot on for me...

Others might disagree, but he is in the CuntCamp in my eyes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tylluan said:

Our season isn't defined by tonight. We'll still be level on points with at least one other club come 5pm tomorrow 

No and a reality check does no harm hopefully. Though next week will be just as tough, we struggle at times when teams up the intensity.

But we have to be more composed not get rattled. Not easy to do, but just compare their centre halves to ours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He was a lot better than some we have.

Not great saying that and sadly refs are in awe somewhat of the Leeds effect.

But nothing he did beyond playing on 49 mins, but it was probably justified, Beadle took an age with a goal kick and put the ball in the wrong place. 

Why the 2 Leeds players did not have to stay off for 30 seconds not sure.

But then at the end Leeds kicked the ball out for an injury and we never gave it back 

More disconcerting is that a chap on Stalk says someone near them was dishing out racist abuse to the ref. He reported the person and the stewards did zilch.

Hate to say the eradication of poor behaviour in our fan base will either come from being sanctioned, sections closed off etc, or the decent fans not turning a blind eye buy bring backed up by those in authority.

I cannot comment on most of that, having not seen much of the second half.

So i will go with...

Yes, better than a lot we have had, but the bar is not set very high at all.

I cannot remember who it was now, but the little schit the grabbed and shoved over our player should have been booked straight away.

NO player stayed off for the 30 seconds required, in fact, if you see it again, i don't know whether the little schit was the 4th official or part of the Leeds set up, he was urging the referee to bring him on straight away, the referee should have followed the rule on his own 🤣