Hum drum or Brum fun match thread

Been a more solid second half display this. Hopefully it will restore some confidence in the players.

Nice to now hear the supporters singing DR’s game. The leaflet distributing muppets must be gutted at SWFC spoiling their big night! 😂 

We look a lot more natural with Johnson playing. Birmingham looked to have adopted the same approach as Sunderlands early in the game but have looked more Rooneyish second half. 

First time we’ve seen Beadle showing what he can do also. 

On 07/02/2024 at 11:18, holmesfield_owl said:

We need another run of results so I'll step back in.

Weather looks shite, wet and windy. No idea what state pitch will be in after snow Thursday then melt.

I'm going for a very scrappy 2-1 win and cutting the gap back to 5 points.

Go on, I'll say it. Well done and many thanks for yet another winning match thread Holmesfield. You're welcome 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 points off the play-offs. It’s on. 

All seriousness though I couldn’t bring myself to look at the table past few weeks. Didn’t actually realise the gap to the sides above the bottom 4 had shrunk so much.
I honestly thought we were on an island of four for survival. 
(probably should’ve fucking looked would’ve made me less of a miserable sod the past week)
6 points off 19th now. That’s doable
Yeah others have games in hand, shit squad blah blah all that. 
But we had to win that and we did. 
We can do this. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

January transfer window paying off - solid performances from Ugbo, Poveda and Beadle. 

But the Chairman has chosen all the January signings, so they can’t be any good, right?!

Good performances by the majority of players, but I thought Gassama wasn’t as good as he has been and left MJ too exposed, which was how they got in quite a bit in the 1st half.

Fair dos to Beadle much more confident looking tonight. I like the look of Poveda but he’s clearly lacking some fitness, but he could definitely be an asset once we get him fully fit. I feel for Ugbo not to get MoM, we don’t get many players scoring 2 in a game these days, so not to get MoM.

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Good call....

BTC and Gassama did very little for me tonight, although to be fair to Bailey he got absolutely no service.
Ugbo was good and made some good runs and took up some good positions, he was unlucky not to get 3 goals. The tacticians will know if it’s better to have Ugbo as the centre forward instead of playing down the right of a 3 but maybe.

I’d have Poveda playing behind Ugbo and then either Musaba or Gassam as the other striker because of their pace and trickery. Mussaba wasn’t on long but was better of the two tonight.

My team for the Foxes would be
Beadle

Pol Bernard Famewo Johnson

Vaulks

Diaby Bannan

Poveda

Ugbo Mussaba

1 hour ago, Snap said:

I am so fxxxin relieved. Thanks Danny and all the players. Hope springs eternal. UTO

Oh, and for any of you anti Wednesday Cxxxs watching. You can shove your yellow posters up your fxxxin arse.

Anti Wednesday? 

Surely you can want a change of ownership but still support the team? 

Great win, good all round performance.

9 minutes ago, Snap said:

I will concur. Well done Holmesfield Owl. Thanks for a match winning thread and let's see how you do against Leicester as it's surely yours now.

If you should pull that one off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, the worlds your oyster.

I've being pulling off what seemed unlikely since my teens, have faith 😁🤣

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 11:18, holmesfield_owl said:

We need another run of results so I'll step back in.

Weather looks shite, wet and windy. No idea what state pitch will be in after snow Thursday then melt.

I'm going for a very scrappy 2-1 win and cutting the gap back to 5 points.

😎👍   👏