Hum drum or Brum fun match thread

The Nil conceded is a huge confidence boost.

After a being right against it first 15 the goal was at the right time and so well worked.

We don't help ourselves with blind passes that are no where near on the half turn, in our own half from central positions to wide areas, but TBF that was more first half and it certainly seems that we benefitted from a good HT team talk.

BC wasn't in the game really and I felt for him, almost nothing to feet, but having said that I'm not sure he's a player to take it to feet with back to goal.

We worked the wide areas well and IP looks a good signing as does Ugbo.

There's still a gap but as has been said tonight was must win and we did, without conceding.

The run in throws up more good fixtures than bad.

We likely need 22-25 points to stay up from 15 games, not undoable. All challenge yes, but it's all about momentum.

Today was the start.

UTO 

• Like 3

The first half was poor, despite going in 1-0 up.  We just couldn’t keep the ball and gain any control in midfield, and we looked nervous at the back, though still a threat in good moments.  Second half was a bit more solid, but still with good moments.  Overall fuck it, we just needed the three points.  Beadle never put a foot wrong.  Poveda looks a player.  Bernard easily the most consistently impressive of the Summer signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Yep, anti Wednesday. How can any cxxx hold them posters up immediately prior to a game. Did you hold one up? Fuckin wankers.

Because they want change, because the owner of the club is taking in backwards. I wasn't there but I would have. I don't want to be a yoyo team between the championship and league one. Want to see us progress. Which won't happen while ever he's still here.

Sooner he's gone the better, at least more and more seem to be thinking the same. 

Anti Wednesday because they want better and change, pull the other one.

Edited by OwlMR

4 hours ago, Andyben said:

So Povrda, BTC and Famewo off?

Kid's hardly played this season  I think, Famewo was down injured a couple of times and struggling and Cadz needed to go 15 mins earlier, he'd done so much chasing. We really needed some fresh legs. 👍

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Really pleased for Beadle tonight. Made some crucial saves and that clean sheet does him a world of good.

Good shout!  I was worried over his confidence after UddersFelt. Can't be great when you're still a kid and there's someone clean through every 2 or 3 minutes: especially when they all score!  Well done, young 'un. 

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Good shout!  I was worried over his confidence after UddersFelt. Can't be great when you're still a kid and there's someone clean through every 2 or 3 minutes: especially when they all score!  Well done, young 'un. 

The save from what looked like a double deflection was exceptional. 

• Like 2

The result matters now and until the end of the season, everything else positive is a bonus. 
Overall I thought we edged it, but they’ll likely feel hard done by for that first half when they had as many chances as us, if not more, and skied them or found Beadle in great form. That save from the deflected shot was something else, it was going in we were right behind it, and he stretched every sinue to get it. 

Poveda. Another loanee it looks like we’ll fall in love with, and Ugbo really deserved his goals! Bailey tireless as ever, and Bernard. Give the lad a new contract, and a good one FFS!!! I do like him and Akin at centre back. Marv was quality, glad to have him back and he played pretty well defensively too. That cross for the second shows what he’s got in his armoury still up the other end.

We showed a steel and determination again, which looked unlikely after last weekend! 

A boost ahead of the toughest of tasks on Tuesday. Hope…. That filthy animal is back. 🤣

• Like 2

Famewo and Momo went down apparently with non contact injuries - always a worry as they seem to be the ones that linger. DR not too concerned though so fingers crossed. Famewo  back on it last night. Momo can play but needs to adapt to the pace and cut out the brain farts but he's  improving IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Famewo and Momo went down apparently with non contact injuries - always a worry as they seem to be the ones that linger. DR not too concerned though so fingers crossed. Famewo  back on it last night. Momo can play but needs to adapt to the pace and cut out the brain farts but he's  improving IMO. 

Diaby is a real frustrating one. One moment he looks languid, slow, clueless. There was one ‘blind’ pass in the first half where he tried to swing it right to Pol but just swung it to their player… But then, his frame helps him so much win or just poke the ball off an opponent then he caresses the ball like it’s his loved one !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canterburyowl said:

He deffo got better as the game went on, maybe he is still getting up to speed, I posted early in the game about how slow he was, but he 100% improved as it went on and actually with his size and reach of leg he made some good tackles

His turning circle at the start of the game was more like a bloody Eddie Stobart HGV. But then next touch, he’s as agile as anything! 

• Like 1