The ex-Pat FA Cup replay thread - no speaking in Coventry

24 minutes ago, mkowl said:

After the early goal I feared the worst really.

Be great to win but I think a reasonable performance is more imperative, so far ok by the sounds of it 

Stood the test of time that one 

• Haha 1

Just now, mkowl said:

I mean what has arisen with Vaulks. He was probably our most consistent player and now can't get ahead of fucking Palmer 

Probably why he threw the toys out the pram, was playing well, then gets dropped for a mediocre division 2 player.

• Like 1

Just now, KrolMong said:

Lack of mobility next to him and no-one who can keep the ball.

Think it was you or Ty KM but you guys hit the nail on the head when one of you said Xisco ruined this football club at the start of the season with a pathetic recruitment program.

We’ve looked quite poor most away games this season to be fair. Best results/performances have been Preston and Stoke where we more or less sat deep for long spells and difficult to break down. When we’ve tried to take teams on at their own place we have had these bad spells 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Think it was you or Ty KM but you guys hit the nail on the head when one of you said Xisco ruined this football club at the start of the season with a pathetic recruitment program.

Crap recruitment magnified by the 10 game ‘start’ he gave us. Absolutely shite manager who stole a living from our club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

I stand by what I said on Saturday, these players think they are Championship standard players, they aren't, they've been found out.

Sub standard division 1 club on & off the field.

Thing is last season everyone said we were a Championship side hiding in League 1.

That was simply not true.

But then to compound it with the cheap n nasty approach to recruitment of players and manager.

It is hard to judge Rohl, I think many of us accept he is working with frankly shit players or is he being found out a tad

Just now, mkowl said:

Thing is last season everyone said we were a Championship side hiding in League 1.

That was simply not true.

But then to compound it with the cheap n nasty approach to recruitment of players and manager.

It is hard to judge Rohl, I think many of us accept he is working with frankly shit players or is he being found out a tad

I won't judge Rohl until he's backed 100% by the chairman & is allowed to bring in his own players.

I look at our squad & not one of them gets into another Championship squad.

3 minutes ago, TheExile said:

We’ve looked quite poor most away games this season to be fair. Best results/performances have been Preston and Stoke where we more or less sat deep for long spells and difficult to break down. When we’ve tried to take teams on at their own place we have had these bad spells 

Seen the stats 

16 away games

13 defeats (worst in the entire League)

34 goals conceded

8 scored 

I mean we all hope we can turn this around in the League but with that stat it's almost an impossible task to do this purely on home form which ain't sparkling 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Maybe it’s the yellow kit and blue shorts but we seem to be right back to where we were in early 00s with Paul McLaren in midfield. Ie quite fucked 

I loved that kit with the Chupa Chups logo

And that's about all I did love about that time

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

21 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Crap recruitment magnified by the 10 game ‘start’ he gave us. Absolutely shite manager who stole a living from our club. 

It was KM but I echoed the sentiment. 

I think there was a lot of 'recommending' by certain influences during that summer window, including the managerial appointment. 

The fact that Nathan Jones was 'interviewed' by someone connected to the club but not directly employed says it all. Not saying Jones would have been a success but certainly would have done better in those ten games

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

It was KM but I echoed the sentiment. 

I think there was a lot of 'recommending' by certain influences during that summer window, including the managerial appointment. 

The fact that Nathan Jones was 'interviewed' by someone connected to the club but not directly employed says it all. Not saying Jones would have been a success but certainly would have done better in those ten games

Was it Ozzie Owl 🦉

The really depressing stats

We have gained 16 points out of 45 at home

We have gained 7 points out of 45 away 

We need almost 2 points a game over the last 16 matches to survive

I mean we are talking auto promotion form / at worst play off form over that period. It's not impossible of course but the reality says it almost is

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

No fault of Smith tonight, mate.  The other two...    I simply can't think of owt to put.

I’ll help, fletcher is a waste of a team place, Wilks is a waste of a squad place. 
I managed to get to 70 minutes tonight before walking out, I covered more ground on the walk to the car than that useless pair did all game

He really doesn't like us does he.

I mean trying to get retrospective action for an on the pitch incident. Complaining about leaving a bit on them, when frankly their ability was usually to fall down like a sack of spuds from a draft. 

I fully expect the impartial FA will say on the balance of probabilities it was attempted murder. Good news as it was Bernard then be no racism they can throw in 

Whilst no one really believed we would win last night and the focus should be the Brum match, the manner of the capitulation again is the concern.

Frankly there isn't enough quality across the entire squad, there are some serious weak links and the attitude of some that Owling has readily identified is awful.

Again it's like the January transfer window has upset the applecart. Players being told they could potentially leave do or don't, the odd new player shunting out others, have some been told in the summer goodbye.

To me the performances on the pitch seem to being influenced by things off it. No knowledge of it, not trying to shit stir, more just that sixth sense of watching us over the years.

I hope I am proved wrong but the aura is of a club hurtling to relegation and a full on mess 

Edited by mkowl

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

We've had four 4-0 drubbings under Rohl. Under Xisco only Hull got 4 against us. Things can always get worse.

The difference under Xisco we never really tried ourselves to get above 0.

I suggested the other day, to survive Wednesday need to go out and win games, Rohl knows draws won't be adequate. I think where he has lost his way is in trying to improve the attacking output, he has created weakness elsewhere.

But the reality is when goals conceded are 4 in 13 minutes, 3 in 8 minutes, that falls squarely on those on the pitch.

I mean our best starting 11 can generally remain competitive for 45 mins, maybe an hour. It however lacks quality to get ahead or stay ahead, the opposition can step up we simply can't.