The ex-Pat FA Cup replay thread - no speaking in Coventry

Be interesting what our ticket sales are like, give a reflection of the mood. Tbh this would be as close to a local fixture aside from London for me, but I have given it zero thought really.

I think I have reached the stage where the hassle of travel and trying to park far outweighs the potential joy of watching a live game. I am rapidly turning into the armchair supporter I once loathed

10 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Sort of agree. If Coventry score early it's a long bloody night. I'd like to think some feel they have a point to prove. We are 5/1 to win 90, probably with good reason.

I'll say draw and see what extra time brings.

That's been the case all season though.

All the opposition have to do is score first and it's game over. We're competitive against most teams till that happens.

With any luck, he'll rest the 'seniors' and we'll see something a bit more lively.

Interesting to read that Röhl has said Friday night is the big game, he wasn’t concentrating on the league as overtly last time out. Says a lot about our current predicament. 

There’s going to be a team selection apparently is what the gaffer has said.

With no Beadle, Poveda, Pedersen as their cup tied… I’d change the rest to the majority not expected to play on Friday. Yes, I want to go through into round 5, but the bread and butter of the Championship is definitely the focus and so it should be.

I’d go very left field and go:

Charles, Palmer/Siqueira, B Diaby, Ihiekwe, James, Wilks, M Diaby, Palmer/Hendrick (if fit), Johnson, Smith, Cadamarteri. 

And go full on Mike Bassett four four bastard two.

Referee: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Stephen Martin

• Like 1

I want us to win every game but if effectively forfeiting tonight’s games win means we win Friday I’d snap your hand off.

Unfortunately we know football doesn’t work like that. Invariably it kicks you in the balls when you are down.

If nothing else playing those that haven’t featured could demonstrate why. Bear in mind Cov lost at the weekend, away to Norwich which is no disgrace but I suspet they’ll want a reaction so could and most probably will be a long night for whoever plays.

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Interesting to read that Röhl has said Friday night is the big game, he wasn’t concentrating on the league as overtly last time out. Says a lot about our current predicament. 

There’s going to be a team selection apparently is what the gaffer has said.

With no Beadle, Poveda, Pedersen as their cup tied… I’d change the rest to the majority not expected to play on Friday. Yes, I want to go through into round 5, but the bread and butter of the Championship is definitely the focus and so it should be.

I’d go very left field and go:

Charles, Palmer/Siqueira, B Diaby, Ihiekwe, James, Wilks, M Diaby, Palmer/Hendrick (if fit), Johnson, Smith, Cadamarteri. 

And go full on Mike Bassett four four bastard two.

Referee: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Stephen Martin

they're*

As others have mentioned a win on Friday is more important for Danny’s beleaguered troops, and even though I’m going tonight (more in hope than expectation) i wouldn’t be against resting a few if it meant we grab the win in the league later in the week.

end of the day I still want us to beat lady Godiva’s lot and march on in the cup. UTO

your everywhere and nowhere baby 

2 hours ago, OwlinMad said:

As others have mentioned a win on Friday is more important for Danny’s beleaguered troops, and even though I’m going tonight (more in hope than expectation) i wouldn’t be against resting a few if it meant we grab the win in the league later in the week.

end of the day I still want us to beat lady Godiva’s lot and march on in the cup. UTO

your everywhere and nowhere baby 

Two daft 'Owlin(g)s there tonight then.  🤪

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Has DR fallen out with Vaulks?

That squad screams Bannan and Palmer will be the middle two again on Friday 

Hopefully Vaulks can show what he's missing. 

Palmer is just there to cover for Bannan going walkabout. sort of a 4114 situation.

Much rather see 2 proper midfielders in there.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Darling said:

The Mrs has just had a look on Stalk and according to one of the finest on there its not been televised because of the racism 🙃

Or ESPN not paid for replays - 3pm on a Tuesday in the US is not prime time innit 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Does anyone know what dickhead Palmer had on his base layer? 

He lifted his shirt up to the crowd after scoring and pointed to something but you can't make out the writing on the BBC goal playback

Think it said “I’m no Liam”.

• Haha 1

We've picked a nowt team & they've picked a few superb players, especially 7 & 10 who destroyed us in the league. 
We've done well considering, especially after the early goal.  Charles looks the part again. Brasilian kid at r.b. looks a nightmare again. They're targetting him. Finally, ref n lino giving us nowt. 
Could be a long night.  

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

We've picked a nowt team & they've picked a few superb players, especially 7 & 10 who destroyed us in the league. 
We've done well considering, especially after the early goal.  Charles looks the part again. Brasilian kid at r.b. looks a nightmare again. They're targetting him. Finally, ref n lino giving us nowt. 
Could be a long night.  

Re: the ref, 7 fouls against us in the first half, 1 against them. Despite even possession. Statistically would suggest a somewhat biased approach.