Card...if we can win on Saturday the gap could be down to 3!

Otto_Man

I’ve not seen Cardiff but I’m anticipating a team similar to Millwall, which doesn’t bode well given how we struggled against them. However it doesn’t look like they’re in the greatest of form over the last 5/6 games.

Our injury list could also be quite telling as well. I wonder if DR will be able to give any clearer updates on the likes of Iorfa, Pato, etc.

So, the fans backing is going to be important as it always is and will be for the next few if we are depleted. Just need to keep behind them if we go behind like against QPR.

I also suspect other teams will be starting to notice our recovery and whilst no team will ever rock up unprepared, I suspect the attitude of the opposition maybe a little more sharpened after our recent results.

Id take a scruffy 1-0 now, but I have a feeling a 1-1 might be on the cards. A win would be 

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’ve not seen Cardiff but I’m anticipating a team similar to Millwall, which doesn’t bode well given how we struggled against them. However it doesn’t look like they’re in the greatest of form over the last 5/6 games.

Our injury list could also be quite telling as well. I wonder if DR will be able to give any clearer updates on the likes of Iorfa, Pato, etc.

So, the fans backing is going to be important as it always is and will be for the next few if we are depleted. Just need to keep behind them if we go behind like against QPR.

I also suspect other teams will be starting to notice our recovery and whilst no team will ever rock up unprepared, I suspect the attitude of the opposition maybe a little more sharpened after our recent results.

Id take a scruffy 1-0 now, but I have a feeling a 1-1 might be on the cards. A win would be 

We fell to a stupid injury time goal down at theirs under Xisco, i expect us to be far better under Rohl

• Like 2

Our head to head v Cardiff City

Wednesday wins 28

Cardiff wins 28

Draws 18

Last time out at S6 v Cardiff City 5th April 2021….

The officials for the game today….

Referee: SAM BARROTT
Assistants: Bhupinder Singh Gill and Mark Stevens
Fourth Official : David Webb

Sam Barrott’s record

19 games reffed so far. 64 yellow cards - 3 red cards.

Last time reffing the Owls..

Sam has reffed us more than once at S6 already this season….

Our home game V Sunderland…

And 

our home game v Leicester City.

16 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Anyone explain why Rawls is still on th pitch after deliberate hand ball and then a trip?

The trip was a yellow, he also pushed the ball away at the same time.

Tbf the ref has made more interceptions for them than anyone.

Cracking goal 

Best we’ve played this season, but zero luck and a bad mistake.

Significant deflection on the first. Horror mistake from Dawson for the second. Cast iron pen on Fletcher. Lots of missed chances.

Its a tough place is this league, you just don’t get away with things. You can’t fall asleep like we did on the first, and a goal keeping howler like that in this league will always lead to a goal.

But, we were the better side by a mile, and I can’t name an outfield player who had a bad game.

1 minute ago, Snap said:

If Palmer was on the pitch then they don't score. Valentin is a disaster.

It's the risk of going for the win as we did. If it comes off Rohl is a hero, if it doesn't then you question it.

That decision by the ref not to give a penalty on Fletcher was an absolute disgrace 

They want locking up for losing that.

Rohl has worked miracles so far with this but for the love of god, stop playing Dawson, the bloke is a liability, a league 1 player at best.

Gutted we lost that as they simply didnt deserve to lose but you can't afford to switch off like we did, in this league you'll get punished & boy did we get punished.

How on earth the officials missed that shirt pull on Fletcher I'll never know, you could see it all the way from South Wales it was that blatant....

Edited by owl4ever1867

3 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

They want locking up for losing that.

Rohl has worked miracles so far with this but for the love of god, stop playing Dawson, the bloke is a liability, a league 1 player at best.

Gutted we lost that as they simply didnt deserve to lose but you can't afford to switch off like we did, in this league you'll get punished & boy did we get punished.

How on earth the officials missed that shirt pull on Fletcher I'll never know, you could see it all the way from South Wales it was that blatant....

In an attacking sense we still lack a quality, as much in the thought process when we get in decent positions. But their keeper made 2 excellent saves whilst they had 2 efforts on target that went in and little else. That is the frustration we always needed the 2nd goal, it never arrived and we got punished by 2 sloppy bits of play.

Two very tough away games to come now that we need something from 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

As low as I have felt after a defeat for a long time.

Gutted for Danny and majority of the team.

Pathetic from Dawson.

Shocker from ref at end with penalty. 

Have you watched the penalty claim again? 
In my opinion it’s not a pen he’s gone down far too easy as he’s realised he’s not going to get the ball ahead of the keeper.

Dawson has to gather that second one end of but he’s made a mistake end of.

First one deflection unlucky could blame Famewo or anyone in that area.

Hard to take but we are no worse off than at 2.59pm today apart from one less game at home to turn it round. 

I would take a point at Coventry and beat Preston all is good 

Have a lovely Xmas everyone and hopefully we have a happy new year 

💙💙💙💙💙💙

UTO

So so disappointing that today. Just how we threw it away. 
After getting the opener with a fantastic team goal and finish, we controlled it. Completely. At half time we were saying they were shit, didn’t look like they knew how to deal with our pressing game and created nothing. 

I didn’t even think we’d rue the missed chances as it just felt like one would go in, and that would be that. But obviously that wasn’t the case. 

Vaulks is player of the month for December for me, he again had a solid game, Bannan too. Another good performance. As well as Bailey, who was only missing a goal to cap off another positive outing. 

The ref was abysmal. For both sides at times. I’m not having the ‘soft’ pen not being given at all, we were in front of it. Fletcher’s shirt was undoubtedly pulled and quite a lot. It just happened very quickly. He was in. Absolutely zero need for him to go down otherwise. 
The second one, didn’t look like pen from our angle. 

Dawson. Job done for me now. While Vasquez isn’t the answer long term IMO, I’d be surprised if he isn’t give a shot now. The second goal was unforgivable. There’s so much he could have done even if he didn’t think he could have held it. Push it out for a corner… not to mention get up quicker than a sloth to the rebound. 

Thankfully, the other teams above us ballsed up. That’s the only real positive we can take regarding the result. But there are plenty of positives from the performance in general.

Still a long way to go. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Have you watched the penalty claim again? 
In my opinion it’s not a pen he’s gone down far too easy as he’s realised he’s not going to get the ball ahead of the keeper.

Dawson has to gather that second one end of but he’s made a mistake end of.

First one deflection unlucky could blame Famewo or anyone in that area.

Hard to take but we are no worse off than at 2.59pm today apart from one less game at home to turn it round. 

I would take a point at Coventry and beat Preston all is good 

Have a lovely Xmas everyone and hopefully we have a happy new year 

💙💙💙💙💙💙

UTO

It's not "end of" though happy as it's not the first time he's made that mistake, did exactly the same thing against Millwall.

A good goalkeeper is going to be the difference between us staying up and going down IMO.

Another good performance today from the outfield players, particularly Palmer who I thought was very good (and I'm not a fan)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Dawson. Job done for me now. While Vasquez isn’t the answer long term IMO, I’d be surprised if he isn’t give a shot now.

Vasquez played 9 games, did no worse than Dawson and in some cases looked better. So I'm wondering if there's a 10 game clause in his loan contract. Could be anything from a large bonus paid to player or Milan to we have to keep him for the full season or even buy him. 

Cos with Dawson constantly dropping bollocks there's got to be something 'stopping' Vasquez from coming back in.