Q...P...Are we going to get back to winning ways?

Otto_Man

Beautiful just Beautiful now theirs belief I was done at 1-0 consigned myself to the fact that itโ€™s a bridge too far to stay up but Iโ€™m on the staying up express train to stayingupville and in havenโ€™t even told my parents what time I will be home.

Its on bring on Cardiff 9 wins 7 draws in the race for 50 points surely we can do it.

I love this club me ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

My mate is at Northern General and has just messaged to ask if any Wednesday player has broken his leg today as one there awaiting x Ray so assume Pato.

It was a nasty one - I said to the Missus, that's a broken foot.

Yet the QPR lad who fouled Paterson & Buckley - both who went off injured only gets a yellow card.

Edited by owl4ever1867

55 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Perhaps it's me MK with my blue & white tinted glasses but.....

I personally thought that was a yellow after the foul on Paterson, potentially a red, he then took out Buckley who was also taken off.....

So Wednesday lose 2 players whilst the QPR lad gets a yellow & stays on the pitch.

I don't remember them showing a replay of the Patterson challenge. Could be wrong I took the opportunity to check the scores and the story about Lockyer was developing as well. The one on Buckley was not pretty either.

My point is more Paterson is very limited in what he can do. 100% effort and the niggly side, but we simply do not look threatening with him in forward areas.

• Like 1

Wow, what a result.ย 

Not seen it all, none of the last 15 minutes or so, but what I saw was a lot of huffing and puffing with no decisive attacking intent, but you could tell they were trying.ย 

Seen the Cadamarteri goal but not the winner yet.ย 

ย 

Now the rant...

Came away from work thinking I would hit traffic, but got to Rivelin one way system with ease, so instead of going over the top of wisewood I decided to go to Hillsborough corner then up Middlewood Road.ย 

All well until I got to about 100 yards before the Tram stop at Hillsborough Park, then the match finished.

Then the traffic came to a full stop, then we crawled along Middlewood Road, it took 50 minutes from the lights below the Park Hotel to the Tram terminus.ย 

Some of the 50 minutes were because of the lights, but at the beginning it was because the stream of absolute BELLENDS that think its okay to just stop everybody moving just because they want to walk in the middle of the road.

Losing one nil, then equalizing and stuffing a winner in stoppage time, everybody should be happy, but the Glaring/Seething/eyes bulging hate that you got for having the temerity to try and get through was beyond belief, after being up for work at 4.30am i was in a great mood to be going home...

Until I met the Snarling selfish WANKERS going down towards Hillsborough Corner.

Anyway, rant over, beer o'clock time.ย 

WAWAW

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Beautiful just Beautiful now theirs belief I was done at 1-0 consigned myself to the fact that itโ€™s a bridge too far to stay up but Iโ€™m on the staying up express train to stayingupville and in havenโ€™t even told my parents what time I will be home.

Its on bring on Cardiff 9 wins 7 draws in the race for 50 points surely we can do it.

I love this club me ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Under Xisco I'd agree as that team would've been blowing out their arses after 60 minutes, not to mention totally devoid of any confidence whatย so ever....

They look fitter, quicker & more of a team that all know each others positions, strengths etc.

the time Rohl & his team have had with this lot, he's worked miracles.

ย 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I don't remember them showing a replay of the Patterson challenge. Could be wrong I took the opportunity to check the scores and the story about Lockyer was developing as well. The one on Buckley was not pretty either.

My point is more Paterson is very limited in what he can do. 100% effort and the niggly side, but we simply do not look threatening with him in forward areas.

Agree totally re Paterson, he's A grafter but very limited.

I hope Lockyer is okay - it's the same lad who collapsed at Wembley.

1 minute ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Agree totally re Paterson, he's A grafter but very limited.

I hope Lockyer is okay - it's the same lad who collapsed at Wembley.

Yep he has an heart issue that I am guessing the medics thought he could continue to play after being treated in the summer.

Sadly I suspect that will see him calling an end to his career. You can't carry that riskย 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MAL said:

Now the rant...

Came away from work thinking I would hit traffic, but got to Rivelin one way system with ease, so instead of going over the top of wisewood I decided to go to Hillsborough corner then up Middlewood Road.ย 

All well until I got to about 100 yards before the Tram stop at Hillsborough Park, then the match finished.

Then the traffic came to a full stop, then we crawled along Middlewood Road, it took 50 minutes from the lights below the Park Hotel to the Tram terminus.ย 

Some of the 50 minutes were because of the lights, but at the beginning it was because the stream of absolute BELLENDS that think its okay to just stop everybody moving just because they want to walk in the middle of the road.

Losing one nil, then equalizing and stuffing a winner in stoppage time, everybody should be happy, but the Glaring/Seething/eyes bulging hate that you got for having the temerity to try and get through was beyond belief, after being up for work at 4.30am i was in a great mood to be going home...

Until I met the Snarling selfish WANKERS going down towards Hillsborough Corner.

Anyway, rant over, beer o'clock time.ย 

WAWAW

Last 2 games have have been the same.ย  Not sure what is going on.ย 

On plus side I had Daddy Cool blasting out when parked in traffic at the Tram stop.

Traffic everywhere is horrendous - I go on M1 and M18 to work and it's a mare.

24 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Buckleys Uncle tweeted his is a season ender.

Strange in that it looked more an impact injury - but clearly not if that is true.ย 

Never really seen the best of him in truth and whilst sorry for him as I think he was injured previously, it opens up a squad place being completely ruthless about it

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Last 2 games have have been the same.ย  Not sure what is going on.ย 

On plus side I had Daddy Cool blasting out when parked in traffic at the Tram stop.

Traffic everywhere is horrendous - I go on M1 and M18 to work and it's a mare.

I nearly just ruined Christmas by stealing Santa's parking spot. Thought I was going to get lynched by middle class Mums in the next village. I helped by nearly running over 3 kids as well as I moved out the way.ย 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

It was a nasty one - I said to the Missus, that's a broken foot.

Yet the QPR lad who fouled Paterson & Buckley - both who went off injured only gets a yellow card.

And yet if heโ€™d have given someoneโ€™s shirt a little tug and kicked the ball away 10 yards heโ€™d have been sent off.

One of the many reasons modern football needs to have a word with itself.ย 

• Like 2

Had to leave early to go on a night out up in west yorks. So left on about 80mins.

ย 

so basically missed our goals and apparently the best feeling in football coming from behind and a last minute winner.

Still we won and another 3points.

Itโ€™s a great result but the accumulation of injuries is getting worrying particularly as we head into the Xmas period. The lads ย are doing great but itโ€™s going to make it difficult for DR if he canโ€™t make changes.

I thought Iโ€™d wait until this morning to post my thoughts as most people saw the first half differently to me it seemedโ€ฆ And would I think differently today.ย 
No. Is the answer.

I genuinely didnโ€™t think we were bad or awful like many did in the first half. We had a couple of lovely moves, switching ball through the defence, right to left and making it all the way to a crossing opportunity. No, we didnโ€™t get goalscoring chances really, but I was absolutely fine with the effort. It was frustrating. Nothing more.

Their goal, was lucky in the sense that Dawson was all over it, I was right behind it and he had it covered and Diaby tried to keep it out but of course it didnโ€™t work. One of those things.ย 

Yeah it went flat after they scored, and going into half time it was meh. But overall. I wasnโ€™t too disheartened at all.ย 

But in the second half, we stepped everything up another notch. And one of the catalysts for that was the skipper. Heโ€™s been quiet for a few games IMO, but yesterday he was very good. Bailey is some player, he just doesnโ€™t stop and just has that knack decent strikers have. Musaba blew hot and cold, as per but we got the hot when we needed it. Gassama still looks like a kid, but, that innocent almost works in his favour. Heโ€™s got no fear and the pressing in the Kop/south corner near the end after losing the ball was excellent from him.ย 

We got the corner that eventually led to the winner from pinning them in, perfect execution of the plan you could argue.ย 

A last minute winner is always absolutely fantastic, but coming from behind in the last 5 mins to win. Thatโ€™s a lot sweeter against a team who seemed to be happy with their lot, highlighted by the sub of bringing Steve Cook on at the end to defend it.ย 

Next weekend is just as big as yesterday. Two wins on the spin at homeโ€ฆyes please

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Thatโ€™s a decent one to come to for that ending!

Doubly so as it was the youngest sons first home game since becoming an Owl. He's tried a couple of clubs (down south) but Saints away last season changed him to Wednesday.ย 

He's still buzzing today๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ (So am I actually ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘)

Edited by SouthamptonOwl
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I thought Iโ€™d wait until this morning to post my thoughts as most people saw the first half differently to me it seemedโ€ฆ And would I think differently today.ย 
No. Is the answer.

I genuinely didnโ€™t think we were bad or awful like many did in the first half. We had a couple of lovely moves, switching ball through the defence, right to left and making it all the way to a crossing opportunity. No, we didnโ€™t get goalscoring chances really, but I was absolutely fine with the effort. It was frustrating. Nothing more.

Their goal, was lucky in the sense that Dawson was all over it, I was right behind it and he had it covered and Diaby tried to keep it out but of course it didnโ€™t work. One of those things.ย 

Yeah it went flat after they scored, and going into half time it was meh. But overall. I wasnโ€™t too disheartened at all.ย 

But in the second half, we stepped everything up another notch. And one of the catalysts for that was the skipper. Heโ€™s been quiet for a few games IMO, but yesterday he was very good. Bailey is some player, he just doesnโ€™t stop and just has that knack decent strikers have. Musaba blew hot and cold, as per but we got the hot when we needed it. Gassama still looks like a kid, but, that innocent almost works in his favour. Heโ€™s got no fear and the pressing in the Kop/south corner near the end after losing the ball was excellent from him.ย 

We got the corner that eventually led to the winner from pinning them in, perfect execution of the plan you could argue.ย 

A last minute winner is always absolutely fantastic, but coming from behind in the last 5 mins to win. Thatโ€™s a lot sweeter against a team who seemed to be happy with their lot, highlighted by the sub of bringing Steve Cook on at the end to defend it.ย 

Next weekend is just as big as yesterday. Two wins on the spin at homeโ€ฆyes please

We've won our last two home games.

If youโ€™d hoped Wednesdayโ€™s misfire against ten-man Plymouth would have been a warning headed by QPR, they were in the mood to disappoint you once against Hillsborough on Saturday against another fellow struggler Sheff Wed

I lost interest during the first paragraph.

ย 

ย