Q...P...Are we going to get back to winning ways?

Otto_Man

Enjoyed that match title.

Anyway...

Here's the usual pre match stuff from me.

Head to Head record v The R's.

Wednesday wins 32 

QPR wins 25

Draws 18

Last time out v QPR at S6 - 3rd October 2020

A 54th minute Yoann Barbet OG looked to have sealed all three points for Wednesday, until Macauley Bonne snatched a point for the visitors at the death in the 90th minute. 

The Officials for this weekends game....

Referee: ANDY DAVIES
Assistants: Andrew Dallison and Darren Williams
Fourth Official : Leigh Doughty

Mr Davies' last appearance in the middle when officiating the Owls was the 2-0 win over Rotherham United earlier this season.

His overall ref record so far this season...

11 games officiated - 45 yellow cards shown, 1 red card. He's also not officiated a game where he hasn't shown at least a yellow card.

Our next four will decide relegation or not.

Today is massive, we need a win. If we win today and against Cardiff, and then get a result in the two away games, I would really fancy us to stop up because we have sucked other teams in.

If we end up with less than 4 or less points in this run of games, it’s over.

Just now, mkowl said:

That is a poor an attacking display I have seen in a while. Have we sneaked Xisco back or summat.

But then if we are using Patterson as an attacking option no fucking wonder. 

Rohl needs to do something here, can't let this drift 

Paterson isn't a striker.

I'd rather he played Gregory or Gassama up top.

4 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Diaby is terrible let’s be reyt.

Hope we can somehow turn this around but I can’t see it unless we change things. I really don’t like us when Baz isn’t in a 3 with Vaulks and Byers.

Byers has not been at his best for sure recently, but just leaving 2 in there does not help us at all gain decent field position to create 

The one thing Rohl has absolutely instilled is a never give up attitude. I mean it wasn't quality that got those 3 points, but gumption. Not as pretty but damn vital.

The first half was a real struggle - for both sides really. We were more at it in the 2nd but I was struggling to see where a goal was coming.

That is where Cadamateri and that strikers instinct is crucial. 

Great result and actually brings 3 teams on 22 points within sight. Knowing that can only instill more belief in the players 

4 minutes ago, Snap said:

I got to be honest, I picked the laptop up to have a pop with 5 minutes to go and not for the first time, things happened on the pitch to make the post look nonsense and I never actually got to post it. It was going to go something like this,

"Effort and endeavour first class but we seriously lack quality, goal mouth threat and penetration."

That all changed in the last 10 minutes of the game. Credit to DR, he's turned us into a team that was all too willing to accept a defeat into one that won't.

Bring on the next games up to Christmas and let's hope DR gets the players he wants in January and he gets it done early.

I could have posted something similar really. It did feel after 2 hard working away trips there was not much left in the tank today, but the fact we are clearly fitter is helping to give the ability to keep pushing and eventually a bit of quality.

But we do need more of the latter soon. If we had lost 1 - Nil then I would hardly say we had been robbed. To definitely escape relegation we can't rely on late wins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Amended 

Perhaps it's me MK with my blue & white tinted glasses but.....

I personally thought that was a yellow after the foul on Paterson, potentially a red, he then took out Buckley who was also taken off.....

So Wednesday lose 2 players whilst the QPR lad gets a yellow & stays on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

100% agree re keeper, need another experienced head in there ala Stocky (1st season), Westy, Crossley etc. Great win though!! Get in boys!!!! 

AB and his consortium will have free agent David de Gea lined up I would think.

• Haha 1