The Season Starts Here Match Thread v the Baggies

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Forget the score. Has anyone got the remotest idea of what Xisco is trying to achieve? Any semblance of a discernible system? Looks like the players are as much in the dark as me. 

Well the route 1 approach has created more half chances than recent games. At least we aren't giving them the ball 30 yards from our goal by passing it out.

We have had 2 shots on target in one half.

I mean it ain't pretty but it's more effective (if still crap) than trying to play football

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Well the route 1 approach has created more half chances than recent games. At least we aren't giving them the ball 30 yards from our goal by passing it out.

We have had 2 shots on target in one half.

I mean it ain't pretty but it's more effective (if still crap) than trying to play football

Know what you're  saying but 10 league games in plus 2 cup and this is where we're at?

A combination of some absolutely terrible players and an equally terrible manager has led us to this record.

There isn’t a positive to take from tonight apart from the fans were incredible and we only kept it to one. 

That was a damage limitation team selection, a back five with stoppers in midfield. We’ve not laid a glove on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

We deserve everything we get with some of our lotimage.thumb.png.ef9826f687dac2d5c6a6f4ea849c5398.png

Saw this getting paraded on stalk earlier, saying their parading it tonite, nowt wrong with that but the fact they advertised on that site is probably why it got aggressive. A hell of a lot of people who go to to games fucking despise that forum and that doesn't  make them DC lovers by the way.

• Like 3

So there we have it Mr Chansiri - worst start ever to a league campaign.

Did you watch the game? Did you see how shit we were? Did you fathom out what the manager’s tactics were, and how he set us up to win the game?

Did you THEN HEAR the support the players got, from those people you are pointing the finger of blame for the club’s predicament? You’re lucky they still turn out in numbers like that and still support what is now officially the worst league team and IMO the worst manager we’ve ever had!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Anyway there are his 10 league games.

Congratulations to Xisco for officially securing our worst ever league start. I mean you have done it in style, well zero style. 

I mean it is some real skill leaving us to catch up 7 points in the first week of October and us not have a points deduction as part of that deficit. 

Could be bigger deficit tomorrow when Watford, QPR and Swansea play their games.

10 league games gone and not a sniff of any green shoots to encourage the remotest optimism.  If Saturday doesn't  see a significantly  improved performance,  and 3 points, we must have a new manager in place for the Watford game after the international  break.

Well I thought that was a bit better tonight, especially second half.  Decent spirit and a semblance of shape.  We kept possession better a man down than we did with eleven at the start.  Still fairly shit, and I’m not sure where the goals are coming from, but…Moore’s new side lost 4-1 to weaker opposition.

For a side that was traiing 1-0, that second half was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. It was as bad as Forest Green away last season.

It took the 88th minute to have what I class as an 'attempt' on target and that is being nice given how wayward the volley was.

Any neutral that watched that game would have thought we were playing Barcelona, not West Brom given how awful we were that 2nd half. West Brom didn't bother turning up for the 2nd half. They didn't need to, the game was won. Just go 1-0 up against us and congratulations, you have 3 points. We're not going to get an equaliser. You may annoy your fans by not bothering to get a 2nd (given our 1-0s last season annoyed many) but its 3 points.

Hurry up and put the manager out of his misery. He's destroyed this team and we're going down with a whimper. Move him on now whilst we still have a slight chance of getting out of this. Continue with him and we're down by December

Edited by Kiwi Owl

1 minute ago, owl71 said:

Well I thought that was a bit better tonight, especially second half.  Decent spirit and a semblance of shape.  We kept possession better a man down than we did with eleven at the start.  Still fairly shit, and I’m not sure where the goals are coming from, but…Moore’s new side lost 4-1 to weaker opposition.

All true but the time has come to draw a line. Barring spanking Huddersfield  on Saturday surely a new man has to be put in place during the international  break?

18 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

Its not gonna happen is it. We are stuck with this dickhead now. 

This basically.  If Xisco gets fired, don’t expect anybody expensive as a replacement.  It’ll be an internal appointment as a caretaker until the end of the season.  Unless Chansiri is bullshitting us, or has a massive change of heart.

44 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I despise that forum. Nothing wrong with their message though 

By the way just seen a post on there calling this site "the former dregs of owlstalk" like somebody who cant use a knife and fork calling a regular diner an idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

Saw this getting paraded on stalk earlier, saying their parading it tonite, nowt wrong with that but the fact they advertised on that site is probably why it got aggressive. A hell of a lot of people who go to to games fucking despise that forum and that doesn't  make them DC lovers by the way.

Exactly mate, and I’m not surprised. I ain’t posted on stalk for about 3 months and recently had a peep in, only to find it’s still full of idiot screaming kids and a site owner with an echo chamber for a head.

• Like 1

Screaming kids.  Yep, that’s the point.  All the “get out of our club” and “we want Xisco out” chants were from young uns.  The problem is this, when fans get in this mindset they think being negative about everything is helping, because it will somehow bring about rapid change.  Well unless I, and many others, are completely misreading the situation at S6…it fucking isn’t going to.  Chansiri will sell, if a credible offer comes along.  He ain’t paying for any more big transfer spending, or any compo to bring in a currently in work manager.  Maybe if things get too embarrassing Xisco walks, and we end up with a youth team coach or whatever.  But really at the moment I think we are either looking at bottom by a mile with an embarrassing points tally, or a relegation battle, whether with Xisco or someone else. Might as well take any positives that are available.

5 hours ago, Billysboy said:

By the way just seen a post on there calling this site "the former dregs of owlstalk" like somebody who cant use a knife and fork calling a regular diner an idiot.

Aww bless, there's more class and culture in my yoghurt than on that forum. The site where the owner used to photograph young naive girls in states of undress........

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Billysboy said:

In the same way that a fine, vintage single malt whisky is the dregs of a barrel of gone off beer. 

• Like 1

So what is our worst ever sequence without a win. I presume given our historical shiteness we are not anywhere close yet. Presume 74/75 is the standard bearer on this, but certainly I feel like we have had mid season winless runs of greater magnitude.

I ask because I am failing to see where that victory is going to come. Perhaps the Udders game but I can see that being a strange atmosphere with Moore's return. 

I mean an improved display last night, marginal as it was, failed to lay a glove on an opposition that played in 2nd gear.