The Season Starts Here Match Thread v the Baggies

55 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

We're just passing Burton, (I'll avoid the obvious pun), amd you lot have really cheered me up!

As G. K. Chesterton put it “say for what were hop yards meant, and why was Burton built on Trent?”.  🍺

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I’m just lost at that team selection tbh.

Dawson did far less wrong before being dropped to the bench, and Bakinson in the side ahead of Byers….. 

And Fletcher in the side at all. 

please prove us all wrong! (more chance of me winning the lottery)

Vasquez is probably on a loan to play contract, otherwise why leave Milan for Sheffield? That would also account for him still being picked. 

Byers was absolutely fucked after ten mins last Friday and the only thing I can think of is Bakinson is slightly more mobile. We're down to the bare bones in the middle and we were never blessed to begin with. 

Fletcher will run. He won't do much else but he'll run

This possession based attacking football is a wonderful watch. I didn't realise part of that was just to give the ball away nearly every single time you have it. 

There is so much space down the flanks that its almost a crossing training session for West Brom. Bernard and Iorfa are doing ok mind in the centre. 

If we had a left back (Famewo is trying I'll give him that but he's clearly not a left back), Wallace and Furlong wouldn't have the freedom they're getting down that side. Clearly we don't have one if this is how we've lined up. Oh hang on, there is a player that's far better suited to the left back role.