The Season Starts Here Match Thread v the Baggies

9 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Yep seen that, be hopes most of your office like rugby or summat. 

Might have to change the name of my new garden office from Hillsborough

My lucky Sheridan mug has lost its powers

Not really a football town in truth so only a smattering of them. They have the advantage of being above what would be considered their natural level, so are a bit more pragmatic about it all. 

20 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Fattyowl72 or summat.

Had to laugh when I made a rare visit and saw something posted about posters on this site deliberately not sharing the views of Owlstalk posters.

Whilst that’s untrue, are they not aware of the dictatorship on there? You disagree with the site owner and you’re barred from the site, so obviously the vast majority of posters have the same viewpoint. If you don’t, you’re ridiculed and if you still stand your ground you’re gone!

And some of us choose not to post on there because it’s a shit site full of wannabe comedians and total fucking idiots, who don’t have the first idea about football and couldn’t even spell the word debate, never mind actually enter into one. There are times when you can read a full thread and not find one decent or sensible post.

If the quality of posts on there matched the number of Sid James emojis included in posts then I might be tempted to venture over a bit more often, but in the meantime I’d prefer to stick to a site where the quality of poster rules over the quantity of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was a few rows in front of that banner last night & saw when it made an appearance for a brief 30 seconds. Few people round me shouted a few words of 'discouragement' & made there feelings known that they weren't speaking for him.

It made another brief appearance at full time for about 30 secs but most people just couldn't be arsed to support / or have a go at. 

35 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

.............. You disagree with the site owner and you’re barred from the site, so obviously the vast majority of posters have the same viewpoint. If you don’t, you’re ridiculed and if you still stand your ground you’re gone!........

Some dissenters who respond with reasoned debate, without resorting to abuse that would see them banned, are the ones that really irk him. His standard MO then is to relentlessly harrangue them with repetitive,  childish, bullying posts and post deletions that his position as site owner permits. Basically all the traits that he and his site purports to eschew and bar. 

He really is an odious hypocrite.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Had to laugh when I made a rare visit and saw something posted about posters on this site deliberately not sharing the views of Owlstalk posters.

Whilst that’s untrue, are they not aware of the dictatorship on there? You disagree with the site owner and you’re barred from the site, so obviously the vast majority of posters have the same viewpoint. If you don’t, you’re ridiculed and if you still stand your ground you’re gone!

And some of us choose not to post on there because it’s a shit site full of wannabe comedians and total fucking idiots, who don’t have the first idea about football and couldn’t even spell the word debate, never mind actually enter into one. There are times when you can read a full thread and not find one decent or sensible post.

If the quality of posts on there matched the number of Sid James emojis included in posts then I might be tempted to venture over a bit more often, but in the meantime I’d prefer to stick to a site where the quality of poster rules over the quantity of them.

I do venture over a little.  Post more in the music section than anywhere.

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head for me, but if you really look a lot of the threads are made up of the same say 30 posters just repeating their drivel.

• Like 2

There was a thread last season where baldy was over praising Moore, almost claiming that he's the best manager we've ever had (using his win percentage for evidence), the whole tone of the thread was if you agree you are a good person if you don't you are obviously racist 🤣 absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1