A New Group of Attention Seekers

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I don't disagree, I would actually suggest the Club would be even better served by investing 500k in decent non football side personnel as much as anything. 

Agreed and DR is dropping clear hints at a need for improved infrastructure. Balancing the finances is tricky - fans crave sexy player signings - but improvements 'behind the scenes' are clearly required. 

My guess is that there will be investment but whether that extends to appointing a skilled person to implement a new vision; I doubt. DC does seem to prefer his 'advisers'.

16 minutes ago, EBRA said:

So we ended above Plymouth!

Birmingham have been used several times in the past to show DC how to do it right - Fan engagement being on of those examples!

Chansiri is not the worst owner in the EFL - he is not the best either!

The way this protest group have blown issues out of proportion to equate us with the likes of Reading is the real issue!

And yes they are pointing out the end 60 seconds of an interview as the sign! 

It is not in Rohl interest to ramp expectations up before the start of the new season - when will people use there heads!

We have to trade carefully - we’ve got to do deals carefully - we don’t have huge levels of spending power due to the restrictions!

People will see and hear what they want based on their view especially if anti DC

Agreed and your last line is manifestly true though I think a little nervousness is not unreasonable. I'm hoping for positive clarification expediently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agreed and DR is dropping clear hints at a need for improved infrastructure. Balancing the finances is tricky - fans crave sexy player signings - but improvements 'behind the scenes' are clearly required. 

My guess is that there will be investment but whether that extends to appointing a skilled person to implement a new vision; I doubt. DC does seem to prefer his 'advisers'.

Having a look round some other forums, it's amazing how many of the other team's issues seemingly come from their 'infrastructure'

Fans of Blackburn, Sunderland, Millwall, Birmingham, Huddersfield and many others blame most of their issues at points this season on CEOs and off field management interfering with the footballing side.

We have a massive issue at this club of everything bad automatically being Chansir/Paxo and anything good coming from the manager.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

We have a massive issue at this club of everything bad automatically being Chansir/Paxo and anything good coming from the manager.

We do and its being driven and orchestrated by a nucleus of DC haters (not too strong a word). That aside I think that DR, especially, is clear in his mind that we have to improve our operation significantly aside from just the first team personnel.

13 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

We do and its being driven and orchestrated by a nucleus of DC haters (not too strong a word). That aside I think that DR, especially, is clear in his mind that we have to improve our operation significantly aside from just the first team personnel.

If as @Tylluanhas said is true, then the improvements to the training situation are already being looked at, but that won't matter.

The fanbase these days are in the Sky Sports generation, where money is everything. They want to 'win' the transfer window with fees with loads of zeros,  they want a big, shiny training ground with all the mod cons.

It's all about how much you can crow about on X, aboit being able to call other clubs tinpot, about not being embarrased because so much of your own identity is tied into the club, not about actual effectiveness.

They won't say it, but nothing less than spendageddon mk.2 will satisfy some.

We will always be compared to the exceptions, Brighton did it, Ipswich did it, etc. and never to the other 80 odd clubs who didn't. 

As soon as the fan base realise we're not a Premier League Club and won't be again, then well have a better chance of progression.

We may in the future spend a season or two in th PL but we're so very very far behind the curve now we'll never be a PL club again.

Unless of course we get a Red Bull / Mad Billionaire scenario but even then the way funding is controlled and penalised by EFL/EPL for 'new money clubs' even these examples may not be enough.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

16 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

If as @Tylluanhas said is true, then the improvements to the training situation are already being looked at, but that won't matter.

The fanbase these days are in the Sky Sports generation, where money is everything. They want to 'win' the transfer window with fees with loads of zeros,  they want a big, shiny training ground with all the mod cons.

It's all about how much you can crow about on X, aboit being able to call other clubs tinpot, about not being embarrased because so much of your own identity is tied into the club, not about actual effectiveness.

They won't say it, but nothing less than spendageddon mk.2 will satisfy some.

We will always be compared to the exceptions, Brighton did it, Ipswich did it, etc. and never to the other 80 odd clubs who didn't. 

Today, especially, I'm not focussing on our fanbase negatives. I do believe that we do need to alter the balance of how our financial resources are employed however and hope that the embryonic plans mentioned by Tylluan come to fruition. More generally I hope that DR and DC can settle on a way forward expediently and we have a summer of non turbulence.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

As soon as the fan base realise we're not a Premier League Club and won't be again, then well have a better chance of progression.

We may in the future spend a season or two in th PL but we're so very very far behind the curve now we'll never be a PL club again.

Unless of course we get a Red Bull / Mad Billionaire scenario but even then the way funding is controlled and penalised by EFL/EPL for 'new money clubs' even these examples may not be enough.

The fun in getting to the PL is just that - the getting there. Once there invariably the funs stops for the majority.

10 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Today, especially, I'm not focussing on our fanbase negatives. I do believe that we do need to alter the balance of how our financial resources are employed however and hope that the embryonic plans mentioned by Tylluan come to fruition. More generally I hope that DR and DC can settle on a way forward expediently and we have a summer of non turbulence.

DC's default position is non turbulence. 

He only rocks up when it's going tits up.

29 signings for DM in League 1, mostly early.

The only time he turns up are to get the transfers through and when DM shit the bed last spring.

Recruitment plan for last summer done and dusted, ready to be implemented when the window opened, verified by David Downes, DC and DM.

The turbulence last summer was all DM.

But DM's a gentleman and he could never lie, despite the now forgotten admission that he did lie.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I don't think many of us have unrealistic expectations in that regard.

But equally don't think we should be languishing where we are, relieved at avoiding tier 3 again.

I would hope our natural position for now is more nudging around top mid half, having a shout at the play offs. 

This division is tough as hell, next year possibly stronger still. And you can't achieve that aim on a wing and a prayer.

Having taken a sabbatical from going to home games, it was great to see v WBA a full stadium, some good football and a connection between fans, the players and the coach. There was a buzz, let that be built on is all most of us ask

• Like 2

There's already movement to fill the head of recruitment role vacated by David Downes last July, but it's dependent on a work permit. 

Dooley's COO position looks likely to be filled as well. 

You won't hear much about the new training ground as it's all going through the uni for grant purposes. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

DC's default position is non turbulence. 

He only rocks up when it's going tits up.

29 signings for DM in League 1, mostly early.

The only time he turns up are to get the transfers through and when DM shit the bed last spring.

Recruitment plan for last summer done and dusted, ready to be implemented when the window opened, verified by David Downes, DC and DM.

The turbulence last summer was all DM.

But DM's a gentleman and he could never lie, despite the now forgotten admission that he did lie.

Yep.

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

There's already movement to fill the head of recruitment role vacated by David Downes last July, but it's dependent on a work permit. 

You won't hear much about the new training ground as it's all going through the uni for grant purposes. 

Good stuff. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

That all does seem a positive step.

15 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

We're fucked then because I've been taking the piss out of my blades mate that does this at HO and  he's not speaking to me now.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I thought Beadell had filled that role. Has he left or is it a different position altogether that he occupies.

Edited by Alan Finney

38 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I thought Beadell had filled that role. Has he left or is it a different position altogether that he occupies.

To be fair to Beadell, he's almost certainly the one who got Ugbo in.

He sorted the initial loan to Cardiff from Troyes in the summer.

Good question though. What happened to him?

1 minute ago, Tewksbury said:

Maybe he was just temporary then like the bloke who came in after Downes left whose name now escapes me. Never heard any reports of Beadell leaving though.

9 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

They will be hoping for a fall out between DC and DR.

Well let's hope it doesn't happen and they crawl back under whatever God forsaken rocks they crawled out of in the first place. One of them being "Philly".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Ah, remember the blokes name now, it was Luke Dowling who came in as temp. I thought Beadell had the job permanently, maybe not by the sounds of what Tylluan says.

28 minutes ago, Greno said:

Well let's hope it doesn't happen and they crawl back under whatever God forsaken rocks they crawled out of in the first place. One of them being "Philly".

I am not going to indulge this nonsense any further after this comment other than to say.

I am not involved in the 1867 group. I was involved at the very start, long before any protests were announced or carried out.

The abuse I’ve received on here and other places is plain fucking nasty, and like Tee said, reeks of double standards and hypocrisy all over.

1 hour ago, SailsburyOwl said:

I am not going to indulge this nonsense any further after this comment other than to say.

I am not involved in the 1867 group. I was involved at the very start, long before any protests were announced or carried out.

The abuse I’ve received on here and other places is plain fucking nasty, and like Tee said, reeks of double standards and hypocrisy all over.

😁

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, SailsburyOwl said:

Mate, I think if you feel you've suffered abuse in this thread you may need to pick up the phone.

Geoff you admittedly instigated the  Nevs, and as recent as this week you've been posting antiDC stuff on twitter but at no time have you ever posted any form of suggestion as to what alternatives there are or apparently any of the other stuff raised here. Baza and Jake at least tried so  kudos to them, and as far as I recall you've known a few posters in here personally IRL for something approaching 15-20 years but you don't feel comfortable doing what Baz and Jake did, or is it that you can't?

More over, from someone who Quote tweets his followers to encourage pile ons*  and screen shots posts from here on Twitter in the same manner, to have gall to say he's getting abused because people are simply laughing at him and his myopic view of the  club, plus his inability to respond to any questions put to him is utterly absurd.

Fundamentally it's hypocrisy in its purest form.

Then ultimately, why bother posting this evening to moan? What did you expect to happen? 

Objectively, and this is something I've had to deal with on another matter quite recently with real life lawyers, police and potentially a prosecution, there's nothing posted that would be considered 'abuse' and all you've done today is made yourself look silly. I don't like the word snowflake, as it can have other connotations but it's probably th most appropriate word to use in this case.

*QT-ing means that all your followers see the posts, not just any that also follow the person you're replying to, and is used by bullies (or more accurately cowards) to encourage their followers to join in and pile into the argument. 

• Thanks 8

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SailsburyOwl said:

Well well well, if it isn't the original flouncer, flouncing again. 

Edited by Southy_SWFC
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Andyben said:

Geoff you admittedly instigated the  Nevs, and as recent as this week you've been posting antiDC stuff on twitter but at no time have you ever posted any form of suggestion as to what alternatives there are or apparently any of the other stuff raised here. Baza and Jake at least tried so  kudos to them, and as far as I recall you've known a few posters in here personally IRL for something approaching 15-20 years but you don't feel comfortable doing what Baz and Jake did, or is it that you can't?

More over, from someone who Quote tweets his followers to encourage pile ons*  and screen shots posts from here on Twitter in the same manner, to have gall to say he's getting abused because people are simply laughing at him and his myopic view of the  club, plus his inability to respond to any questions put to him is utterly absurd.

Then ultimately, why bother posting this evening to moan? What did you expect to happen? 

Objectively, and this is something I've had to deal with on another matter quite recently with real life lawyers, police and potentially a prosecution, there's nothing posted that would be considered 'abuse' and all you've done today is made yourself look silly. I don't like the word snowflake, as it can have other connotations but it's probably th most appropriate word to use in this case.

*QT-ing means that all your followers see the posts, not just any that also follow the person you're replying to, and is used by bullies (or more accurately cowards) to encourage their followers to join in and pile into the argument. 

The moral of that is treat people how you would like to be treated. If you moan about getting online abuse, then don't use abusive terms online about others. It's not a one way option. 

The solution I have found is manage your social media input. I am little more than a reader on X, I haven't joined SWFC groups on Facebook. Being banned from Stalk was actually a blessing - don't spend 2 hours arguing with idiots.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andyben said:

What the hell kind of wormhole have I just been transported into where I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Andyben? 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 12:19, mkowl said:

I don't think many of us have unrealistic expectations in that regard.

But equally don't think we should be languishing where we are, relieved at avoiding tier 3 again.

I would hope our natural position for now is more nudging around top mid half, having a shout at the play offs. 

This division is tough as hell, next year possibly stronger still. And you can't achieve that aim on a wing and a prayer.

Having taken a sabbatical from going to home games, it was great to see v WBA a full stadium, some good football and a connection between fans, the players and the coach. There was a buzz, let that be built on is all most of us ask

🎵   Let's hope it's a good one,   Without any fear.  🎵

(Next season.)

Edited by Owling_Wolf

18 hours ago, SailsburyOwl said:

You’ve not helped yourself Geoff.

Speaking personally you’ve private messaged me and commented on my Facebook posts in what I can only assume is an attempt to get a rise out of me.

Whilst I’ve not taken you on or risen to it, you can’t play the victim card if others choose to give it back! 

• Like 5

He came at me on twitter in my DMs after he did his daily vanity search on here for any mention of himself. I had called him an obnoxious prick or something like that, but that is how he comes across. Unfortunately he made me feel like shit on here a few years back by inferring I couldn't be a true fan due to where I live. Streets don't forget Fresh Prince.... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Billysboy said:

You can sense  the frustration with people like Salisbury, the season hasn't quite  panned out how they hoped.

See all of us are Wednesday fans and want the best for the team. I guess we simply have different views on how that could be achieved. The 1867 Group seek to make Chansiri the scapegoat, others you should never bite the hand that feeds you. Us fence sitters can acknowledge both. You certainly don't demand to remove the owner without coming up with a solution for a new owner and replacement funding.

Equally you can understand a lot of the criticism of the historic approach adopted. In May 2024 we are no further ahead in terms of league position and the more subjective element of how we compare to others in terms of infrastructure / organisation.

What we actually need is for Chansiri to work quietly in the background, no statements or announcements required please. This Club is best served when that arises 

Maybe it's not quite as easy as you're painting it to be? You keep saying we're no further forward, but by your metric we've made really zero forward moves since the turn of the century (if not before). 

I won't lie it did feel a bit ironic that people on here were posting about how gutted the anti-DC brigade would be at the owls pulling it off and staying up, at exactly the time that said people (including myself and others involved in 1867) were out celebrating and absolutely buzzing

18 minutes ago, mkowl said:

See all of us are Wednesday fans and want the best for the team. I guess we simply have different views on how that could be achieved. The 1867 Group seek to make Chansiri the scapegoat, others you should never bite the hand that feeds you. Us fence sitters can acknowledge both. You certainly don't demand to remove the owner without coming up with a solution for a new owner and replacement funding.

Equally you can understand a lot of the criticism of the historic approach adopted. In May 2024 we are no further ahead in terms of league position and the more subjective element of how we compare to others in terms of infrastructure / organisation.

What we actually need is for Chansiri to work quietly in the background, no statements or announcements required please. This Club is best served when that arises 

Plenty of what you post MK that I find myself in agreement with. The only thing above that I personally don't agree with is the party about the solution for a new owner etc. My view is that isn't the role of fans, nor should it be. I think it's only ever been wanted for the owner to actively look to sell the club and engage with prospective parties. 

Posted (edited)

I think it's only ever been wanted for the owner to actively look to sell the club and engage with prospective parties. "

Which he has done for the past three years.

Just because you may not have any knowledge of it, and he flushed out that Shaw prick as a man of straw, doesn't mean to say its hasn't happened, because i can wholeheartedly guarantee you that it has and at least one of the potential buyers has since bought another club and made a right bollocks of it.

@bazapeps But to address the first part, why do you think he needs to sell up.

Edited by Andyben

47 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I won't lie it did feel a bit ironic that people on here were posting about how gutted the anti-DC brigade would be at the owls pulling it off and staying up, at exactly the time that said people (including myself and others involved in 1867) were out celebrating and absolutely buzzing

I bet that was a fun celebration planning your next moves to destabilise the club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Old Peps laughing at destabilising the club, sums that set of wankers. 

Seriously fuck off back to your captive audience on Stalk fella or your career as a "professional gambler"

51 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I think it's only ever been wanted for the owner to actively look to sell the club and engage with prospective parties. "

Which he has done for the past three years.

Just because you may not have any knowledge of it, and he flushed out that Shaw prick as a man of straw, doesn't mean to say its hasn't happened, because i can wholeheartedly guarantee you that it has and at least one of the potential buyers has since bought another club and made a right bollocks of it.

@bazapeps But to address the first part, why do you think he needs to sell up.

I know in terms of the 2 meetings that were held but the complete reluctance of him to provide perfectly reasonable information, thus making things a total waste of time. And various other occasions where he's simply refused to have a conversation at all. That and the information in his own statements where he's said he's never considered selling. Perhaps some part of it is down to valuation, I really don't know on that front though.

Re, your question about why I think he needs to sell up - not sure if that's a broad question or not. As I guess the reasons have been covered numerous times but perhaps the debate is whether there's a right to ask an owner to sell up or not. Can see both sides of that. Though in DC's own words he did say he'd sell when the fans dont want him (granted it would be impossible to ever ascertain the split of who would / wouldn't that)

Just now, bazapeps said:

Re, your question about why I think he needs to sell up - not sure if that's a broad question or not. As I guess the reasons have been covered numerous times but perhaps the debate is whether there's a right to ask an owner to sell up or not. Can see both sides of that. Though in DC's own words he did say he'd sell when the fans dont want him (granted it would be impossible to ever ascertain the split of who would / wouldn't that)

Simple bullet points please.

Why should DC sell the club.