Darren Moore interview

Well if its a media PR stunt he has not moved on with his interview technique. 

"at the time" was a bit too regular and when did he become a member of the Royal Family using "we" 

So he denies its about the money, well he would. Let's be honest the disparity was that Moore thought it would take 2 to 3 seasons to build in this division. I suspect had very different ideas on the type of player. 

DC clearly had other thoughts or a particular lurking influence got his way somewhat 

Ultimately if there was such a divergence of opinion then it was right he left the Club. 

• Thanks 1

Probably knew his limits and would be sacked before Christmas. Got us up, just., by the skin of our teeth from being well ahead with games in hand.

Lucky not to have been sacked in March/ April.

The media love a bit of stirring against us just adds to this. 

2 hours ago, Billysboy said:

He denies it's about the money but he doesnt say he didnt ask for a large increase for himself and his staff as DC said. Not forgetting his staff all left with him at the same time which in my opinion points to money being the main gripe.

I thought exactly the same, it's cleverly written.

New story from stir -

DC wanted to discuss with DM not agent.

The chairman asked me what I was looking for from the football club,” Moore said. “And my reply was that I just wanted a contract that shows that you value me… The chairman was asking for a figure, but I said to him ‘I just know that I want to be the manager of your football club.’ He kept asking for a number... I never wanted to leave the football club, I’ve made that clear.”

“The Star was told that as per conversations with the League Managers Association, Moore was among the three lowest paid managers in the Championship when he arrived at Hillsborough from Doncaster Rovers and saw his salary cut further once relegation to League One was confirmed. It’s claimed a salary of four times his previous contract was requested as a starting point of negotiations only – a figure again as per LMA indications that would still have had him amongst the lowest-paid managers in the Championship and somewhere in the region of the average second tier salary.

Good on DC for trying to negotiate with DM directly not the scourge of modern football an agent.

Actually I think DC has a degree of cynicism towards managers, are they really any different to the groundstaff, in the ticket office etc. They would fuck off aka Bruce if a better offer turns up 

The moneyball theory is you focus on the players not the coaches

And perhaps DC also saw what we all did, that DM was tactically distinctly average, and was outsmarted by a Ferguson twice

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EBRA said:

Moore was among the three lowest paid managers in the Championship when he arrived at Hillsborough from Doncaster Rovers and saw his salary cut further once relegation to League One was confirmed.

What that doesn't tell you is his 50% increase on his Donny wages when he joined us and also that he was one of the highest paid L1 managers. 

5 hours ago, EBRA said:

figure again as per LMA indications that would still have had him amongst the lowest-paid managers in the Championship and somewhere in the region of the average second tier salary.

So what's it to be? He would either have been one of the lowest paid or in the average Championship wage band?

Not aimed at you @EBRA, just more at the 'reporting' from the Stir. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

So what's it to be? He would either have been one of the lowest paid or in the average Championship wage band?

I think this could be poor terminology by the Star. The mean is susceptible to being skewed by very small, or very large values. You can be amongst the lowest paid and paid the mean value for the league, if those who are paid less than you are paid much less than the rest. I don’t know how the distribution of Championship manager salaries looks though so can only speculate. 

It’s easier to give an example if you look at being skewed by higher salaries. Let’s say that our mean player salary is £15k p/w and Bannan is the highest paid on £30k. If we suddenly signed Erling Haaland on £400k p/w, the new mean salary could be £40k, but all other players including the former highest paid player would now be “below average”. 

It could just be shit reporting though. 

Edited by Gamblor

17 hours ago, Tylluan said:

What that doesn't tell you is his 50% increase on his Donny wages when he joined us and also that he was one of the highest paid L1 managers. 

Not aimed at you @EBRA, just more at the 'reporting' from the Stir. 

No I agree…

The writing up of it only creates more issues for club at time we need to be pulling together 

Anti Chansiri mob are using this as proof DC lied - when their glaring spin in the write up. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

DC didn’t lie, seems that wasn’t the only issue mind.

Moore is replaceable, he wasn’t the messiah but everything else at the club seems a mess right now and responsibility for that is on one person 

😄 😄

• 3 weeks later...