That bloke who was linked with buying us....

Just now, Owling_Wolf said:

Do tell...

He's got nowhere near enough money mate (I'm sure the smarter than me's can verify it).

Whether he's got any money is debatable, I don't believe he has, but I can't prove it. I'm almost certain if he does have any it either isn't his or he's burning though it at an unsustainable rate. 

There's undoubtedly an end game, not sure what it is, but there's definitely one. He's literally a less stable version of fat Les and we all saw how that played out...

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Well it looks like he can't even afford the new shirt. He's got the 21/22 one on. 

Maybe Hirsty can have word

Steady on Ty, he's their biggest customer, just ask the chief exec...

Edited by Otto_Man

46 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He views it as a failure if he departs with us in Championship and also at the back of his mind will be the only way out  and minimal losses is through promotion to the PL.

If we get to the PL within 2 seasons then he'll have spent a conservative estimate of £250-300m, going on AB's previous post. Even in the PL we are not a £200m club. Nobody buys a club to clear what the previous owner has put in. 

Poundland will take owt north of £100m to get rid. Both them and Luton will pick up around £120m for being in the PL this season so even if we get promoted and our next buyer mortgages future revenue to fund the sale then they've still only got half of what DC has put in, so we end up in the land of piganomics with debt and notes hanging over our heads

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Bit weird how people are dismissing this based on nothing at all. 

I'm dismissing it for two reasons, firstly I know a snake oil salesman when I see one and secondly, I know this guy. Not, he was a nice guy at school (30+ years ago), or he was alright when I worked with him at Pizza Hut 25 years ago. The other stuff, the stuff he's bullshitting about and there's a lot of it. 

Dont believe I've ever presented myself as being ITK on this site, I'm certainly not and literally know fuck all, but I won't stand by and watch some clout chasing bell end destabilise the club to further whatever game it is he's playing.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I'm dismissing it for two reasons, firstly I know a snake oil salesman when I see one and secondly, I know this guy. Not, he was a nice guy at school (30+ years ago), or he was alright when I worked with him at Pizza Hut 25 years ago. The other stuff, the stuff he's bullshitting about and there's a lot of it. 

Dont believe I've ever presented myself as being ITK on this site, I'm certainly not and literally know fuck all, but I won't stand by and watch some clout chasing bell end destabilise the club to further whatever game it is he's playing.

Well, I don't know him and never have. 

But you have assumed up my thoughts pretty well. 

If he was really going to have anything to do with buying the club, obviously with backing because he hasn't got the money to do it himself, then he would not have the need to splash it all around the press, he would just get it done on the quiet.

My other thought is that he has only done it to promote himself as a person that can be a middle man or front man in big deals in the hope someone else gives him a big chance. 

Not impressed with him at all. 

Hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

I think it’s simple - if he was serious it would be done in the background.

When DC came on board and it got close to being done DC showed his faith by buyer players for the club BEFORE officially taking over!

Once these “buyers” hit the press, trying to win over the fans, instead of sorting it direct it screams publicity only!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

What’s he bullshitting about @Otto_Man ? Is it not remotely possible that this person you knew a quarter of a century ago could have done alright for himself since he stopped hanging about with you? 😁

22 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He can’t buy the club, DC isn’t selling 

That's what he's bullshitting about Nev, buying the club, he has absolutely no intention of buying it, whether it's for sale or not. EBRA has summed it up perfectly, it's all about getting publicity for himself.

As an aside, my comments about school and Pizza Hut weren't a reference to myself, but to others who have used those quarter of a century old experiences to justify why they believe he's a 'good bloke'.

39 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Ahh right 😁. Who is it that was saying they know him now? I can’t recall

Back on to his credibility though I don’t think he’s ever said he’s buying us just that he’d like that opportunity some time.

How feasible that is remains to be seen, on the face of it though I think he comes across as reasonably credible and appears to have some high profile connections. Whether they’ve said that given the opportunity they’d front the financial implications is another thing entirely. 

Laces

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Ahh right 😁. Who is it that was saying they know him now? I can’t recall

Back on to his credibility though I don’t think he’s ever said he’s buying us just that he’d like that opportunity some time.

How feasible that is remains to be seen, on the face of it though I think he comes across as reasonably credible and appears to have some high profile connections. Whether they’ve said that given the opportunity they’d front the financial implications is another thing entirely. 

He announced on his Facebook he was buying the club, then promptly deleted his account the morning of the first press conference when it was obvious he wasn't.

The account appeared back a week or so later with all references removed, like it never happened...

There is no consortium, he's chasing publicity, that's all it is. I'm not sure what the end game is, I have a theory, but it's so preposterous I can't bring myself to post it because without any context I'll sound like an absolute loon (if I don't already).

He's been a bit unlucky the way a few things have worked out for him over the years, but that doesn't make what he's doing here right.

A couple of people on this forum have heard similar things from In the Know people. Chansiri has a set value of the club that has now increased since promotion, and as it stands now, he’s not going to accept less than that. Is that value realistic? No. Will he get it? No. Can you get clubs in a better state on and off the pitch for less? Yes.

Is this US based Wednesday fan going to be able to buy the club? Not a prayer. As mentioned previously, he’s using the club to generate interest in his other ventures which is fine.

The going concern has to be whether Chansiri has the clout to be able to ensure we are still a Championship club in May 24, and based on previous seasons, that would also be a yes. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I understand the reason for the statement, not one I’d put out as a fan though. The reason I say I get it is we’re massively overvalued but that’s DC’s prerogative.

Only way it gets done is similar to one Mandaric did with loan note holders when he took over 

Nobody actually knows what his price is, unless you are a very close advisor

48 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

A reasonable assumption is he doesn’t want to be massively out of pocket which means AB won’t be far off

The figures I said include running costs of upwards of 15m pa for 5 years so I'd reckon approaching £80m-100m for the club.

There's be no point buying us to tread water so realistically you'd want someone with £200m knocking about of his own cash, which means a billionaire.

Anyone else will load us up with debt which will probably be the end of us 

That’s weird.
As others have said, it SEEMS like he’s not got the brass or that’s the impression it gives. But then pushes it back on DC.

I’ve no doubt he’s an Owl, as there are folks I know who’ve known him for quite some time. But there’s just something about all this process/ongoing talk that makes me feel uneasy about it all 

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I understand the reason for the statement, not one I’d put out as a fan though. The reason I say I get it is we’re massively overvalued but that’s DC’s prerogative.

Only way it gets done is similar to one Mandaric did with loan note holders when he took over 

It’s only overvalued if you’re desperate to sell. Otherwise you can set a price you’re happy to sell at. 

I’ve had a few people try to buy the painting that’s my profile picture and they offer just under what’s considered market value. I don’t really want to sell it, so if they want to buy it they have to pay my “I don’t want to sell it price” (to quote American Pickers.)

when DC says if someone thinks they can do a better job, they can buy the club, it doesn’t mean he’s giving it away to the first person that thinks they know how to run it better than him. 

• Like 2