That bloke who was linked with buying us....

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Why would he do that if he doesn’t want to sell? 

Because I genuinely think he has the club’s best interests at heart. If someone  can do a better job and has the funds to take us to another level, he’d sell.  In the meantime, he’ll keep doing his best for the club. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’ll wait for them to respond then. Where exactly do you market a club? Would  love to see the brochure

I don’t think the brochure will ever see the light of day. There are things sent around by clubs (and to prospective players clubs want to sign) marketing themselves to woo people. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That’s weird.
As others have said, it SEEMS like he’s not got the brass or that’s the impression it gives. But then pushes it back on DC.

I’ve no doubt he’s an Owl, as there are folks I know who’ve known him for quite some time. But there’s just something about all this process/ongoing talk that makes me feel uneasy about it all 

I've said on more than one occasion that I don't believe he has any money of his own. None.

Anything he does or doesn't have would be from the sale of his businesses and given they were UK registered it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone who knows what they're looking for to ascertain how much he netted, all on companies house innit?

• Like 1

Show of proof. Milan learned after Mammadov. So Chansiri never came to the fan base he went and bought a few players before sealing the deal.

Sheard, Cloud 9 and Alonso all came to us fans to paint the Owners in a bad light because they never really had the funds!

Shaw wants us great - buy us!

People giving DC a hard time will double down - they also criticised his for the recent short sponsor - at least we got the funds! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Show of proof. Milan learned after Mammadov. So Chansiri never came to the fan base he went and bought a few players before sealing the deal.

Sheard, Cloud 9 and Alonso all came to us fans to paint the Owners in a bad light because they never really had the funds!

Shaw wants us great - buy us!

People giving DC a hard time will double down - they also criticised his for the recent short sponsor - at least we got the funds! 

This.

If before end of transfer window we see, say, Vardy or some decent young PL stars come in on a loan to buy then we may be getting a new buyer.

But we won't.

39 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I've said on more than one occasion that I don't believe he has any money of his own. None.

Anything he does or doesn't have would be from the sale of his businesses and given they were UK registered it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone who knows what they're looking for to ascertain how much he netted, all on companies house innit?

It is common knowledge he does not personally have the funds but his backers / partners are the real deal.  This one definitely has legs.  Well, as long as Chansiri will entertain them.

Just now, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

It is common knowledge he does not personally have the funds but his backers / partners are the real deal.  This one definitely has legs.  Well, as long as Chansiri will entertain them.

The legs of Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Ask @KrolMong or @Andyben

Or several others, it was heavily marketed.

Reesh is indeed correct.

Chansiri engaged with brokers to market the club over two years ago. Multiple brokers in fact. I have indeed seen the ‘sales sheet’ from one of the firms.

He’s been willing to sell the club for a while now, but, he’s very clear that it’s got to be someone with deep pockets. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Name one of his backers, because as far as I'm aware he hasn't named any of them.

6 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just been having a skim of stalk, usual nonsense from the same few but a decent number of people saying based on experience he’s a tyre kicker. I can see that argument but also envisage him being serious and having backers. 

Anyway a few suggesting he was at Hull last week with one of the potential investors 

His little Strafford style of approach is cute.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just been having a skim of stalk, usual nonsense from the same few but a decent number of people saying based on experience he’s a tyre kicker. I can see that argument but also envisage him being serious and having backers. 

Anyway a few suggesting he was at Hull last week with one of the potential investors 

Go back 14 or 15 years on there and plenty were played by the likes of Sheard, Cloud 9 et al to do their work. And many are falling in the same trap of believing a self publicist who comes with tales of potential investors.

These stories do get out, sometimes deliberately by one of the parties, but in the main, in the real deals, both parties keep schtum until close to completion. 

And why would DC turn away from negotiations, more its why waste time until proof of funds is shown. Why give access to private financial information for the purpose of due diligence until that stage, indeed why give that access if you feel that party may blab even with a Non Disclosure Agreement in place.

The problem with Stalk is far too many posters have a lack of basic understanding of financial matters. 

10 hours ago, Andyben said:

The figures I said include running costs of upwards of 15m pa for 5 years so I'd reckon approaching £80m-100m for the club.

There's be no point buying us to tread water so realistically you'd want someone with £200m knocking about of his own cash, which means a billionaire.

Anyone else will load us up with debt which will probably be the end of us 

My point on price is that its a moving target. Our promotion to the Championship probably upped it. But equally (hypothetically speaking) if you were running out of cash to meet the day to day requirements, were struggling to pay debts, then the £1 transaction comes into play.

It would be quite ethical if DC assessed the future funding needs in determining the sale consideration. The sellers I have encountered have all been a tad more selfish 

But if you are not selling under duress (financial or stress) then it completely changes the price you would accept