Crewe are you - Match Thread

Well in case we have all forgotten, there is a match this evening. The only good news about it being moved is it enabled me to do a lot of gardening yesterday. my lawn looks decent compared to our pitch 

the key tonight is the right attitude, no slacking off or thinking we can just turn up to win. They can play with no pressure on them, but we just need to be at them and make em play the 2nd half with their flip flops on thinking about some slappers in Magaluf 

Feel like Wednesday have missed a trick here, it's half term, personally I would've made it £10 adults, £5 kids tonight, get Hillsborough full & make it an extra man tonight against Crewe.

It won't go all our own way, they will set up with 11 men behind the ball so patience is needed, still think we'll go on & win 2-0.

Gregory 

Berahino 

UTO! 

6 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Feel like Wednesday have missed a trick here, it's half term, personally I would've made it £10 adults, £5 kids tonight, get Hillsborough full & make it an extra man tonight against Crewe.

It won't go all our own way, they will set up with 11 men behind the ball so patience is needed, still think we'll go on & win 2-0.

Gregory 

Berahino 

UTO! 

Gotta feeling they won’t as they’re already relegated so they’ve nowt to lose. But we’ll see 

agree about cheap tickets 

Edited by Wawaw

7 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Gregory 

Berahino 

UTO! 

They have already said they will be less gung ho than v Wimbledon but will stay compact and try and catch us on turnover of the ball

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Gregory 

Berahino 

UTO! 

Don't think our crowd changes a massive amount with the offer of cheap tickets, especially for a Tuesday night game.  

Crowd will be about 5K down on what it would have been yesterday. 

Only half term in Mini Pig and Dingle land. 

That’s a bit too much tinkering. He’s got one centre half, with Palmer and Johnson/Paterson as the other centre half. 

All the more puzzling with two central midfield players, a winger and two centre halves on the bench. It’s almost as if he’s not wanting to defend at all tonight 

2 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

442? I'm trying to work out that formation unless it's

BPF 

Hunt

Storey 

Palmer

NML

Byers

Bannan 

Paterson 

Gregory 

Berahino 

Very harsh on Dele Bashiru to be dropped after that performance at MK imo.

You've missed Johnson out there pal. I reckon 352 wih mj in back 3, Pato in midfield. Harsh on FDB but he's fasting I believe. 2 games in 3 days might be too much for him. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Johnson will drop into a 3 man defence and NML will play wing back. 

The dropping of FDB is shocking. 

If that team doesn't gel tonight then it can only fall on Moore

This. If it was Mass 4 FDJ fair enough but not this. Two full backs at central defence, and two central defender's on bench! No, Darren, no

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

You've missed Johnson out there pal. I reckon 352 wih mj in back 3, Pato in midfield. Harsh on FDB but he's fasting I believe. 2 games in 3 days might be too much for him. 

Mane and Salah are both observing but have only missed one match each since the start of Ramadan.

Thing is, if it affects your job then you can get dispensation to eat at certain times. Just ask the taxi drivers

2 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Just a word of caution. None of us know who's been ill or is carrying a knock. 

Then Moore needs to release a presser when the team is announced to stop the speculation. I'm not there but I can imagine the murmurings within the crowd. It already gets us off thinking WTF

Well, that is an odd line up.

All the talk on tinkering, was, I thought, just that. Talk. He’s been quoted as saying he’ll rotate but then pretty much kept the same line up. I was confident that there would not be any major changes for tonight. Obviously I was wrong.

Got to make sure the side delivers now.

1 minute ago, cheat said:

Well, that is an odd line up.

All the talk on tinkering, was, I thought, just that. Talk. He’s been quoted as saying he’ll rotate but then pretty much kept the same line up. I was confident that there would not be any major changes for tonight. Obviously I was wrong.

Got to make sure the side delivers now.

It certainly is an odd line up. I still think we’ll have too much up top (or “up the front” as someone on radio Sheffield insists on saying) for them. Hopefully we won’t need to worry too much about the back 3 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

That selection appears to make a mockery of this.

"We have everything to play for and our sights are on maintaining our rhythm and focus" 

where's the maintaining of rhythm in that selection?

I hope to God this comes off or him and us are fucked

Edited by Tylluan